Red Sonja PF!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seem to use the same quality control as SS
*Some parts are needed to be reshaped or straight by heating*

I know everyone is looking forward to the new Red Sonja, but I was just doing some light tests with the original, and it reminded me of how amazing she is, despite her flaws - I still love her...

winter warrior sm.jpg

winter warrior 2 sm.jpg

winter warrior 3 sm.jpg

winter warrior 4 sm.jpg

I got mine waiting to be repainted by Spazzy..... I hated the factory paint application, they gave her a Spanish vibe with her darker skin when in the comics she was very light skin...

No joke ...the original paint on this PF was just atrocious. Such a waste on a beautiful sculpt.

Was planning on getting a repaint of mine soon but I got t boned by a bunch of unexpected preorders :slap

She is still my favorite of the three. Thankfully pax lighting is fairly forgiving

I have been thinking about getting mine repainted for quite some time now, but I just don't really see the point anymore given how amazing the 2 newer Sonja statues turned out. Even repainted I just dont think it holds up very well to the 2 newer statues, especially in regards to the quality of her armor and just the overall level of detail on the statues. I was planning on keeping mine and displaying all 3 Sideshow versions together, but more and more I am thinking that is just going to make this version look that much more inferior. So I'm beginning to think I should just sell mine and try and get back as much money back as I can for it. I purchased 2 of Harbottle's Sonja as I am planning on getting one of those replainted. I could sell this version and just put the money towards that repainting. Or maybe I'll just box it back up and toss it into the collectible void in my basement.

I don't know, the idea of spending more money on this statue just makes less and less sense to me as time goes on.

I have a similar situation.

I've been thinking about buying the 1st version (an EX in the aftermarket) for awhile now, even after I got the She Devil with a Sword EX in hand. However, the 3rd version has me hesitating because now I'm thinking maybe getting that would be better than getting the 1st version. With the 1st version, I'd have to get it repainted. And that's going to cost more than if I just buy the 3rd version. I still love the sculpt on the 1st version, but perhaps its time to pass on it completely.

I have a similar situation.

I've been thinking about buying the 1st version (an EX in the aftermarket) for awhile now, even after I got the She Devil with a Sword EX in hand. However, the 3rd version has me hesitating because now I'm thinking maybe getting that would be better than getting the 1st version. With the 1st version, I'd have to get it repainted. And that's going to cost more than if I just buy the 3rd version. I still love the sculpt on the 1st version, but perhaps its time to pass on it completely.

If I were you, I would purchase the 3rd version. I'm sure you love your 1st version but paying almost double for it overall...I personally wouldn't, JMO. The third one looks fantastic, another good representation of a great character.

Back