Red skull Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not the bad guy I was looking for but it seems to be a promising piece for Red Skull fans.

Yeah, I also agree on the Swastika issue. It's part and parcel to the character. He is a twisted, evil Nazi. So it doesn't really hurt anyone if he wears that symbol, it's what they did. I know if I got this PF, I would just make an armband and put it on him. Even if visitors questioned me on it, I would just say...

"It's not my personal belief, it's merely accurately portraying history."

It happened, it was a horrible movement and brought a lot of destruction and hate into this world... but it happened. And the Red Skull character was a product of the need to give the evil a fictional face for Captain America to pummel. :lol

If they don't include the swastika armband, can I be the first to request that you make two :monkey3

Martin glad to hear you guys are working you buts off on these Marvel pieces. I am sure this is going to be a master piece and will be an awesome display with Captain America.

BTW, Thanks a lot for the words, but you still need to see the final images :eek:

well said.

I'm not a big fan of Red Skull but I am a big fan of sculptures so I will reserve judgment after seeing the final pics.

From the preview, the clothing looks great and the skull looks great as well.

Will you guys be posting a Work in progress pics later on ?

The German's and Nazi's in particular had the best uniforms! Although I'm not into Marvel anymore, if the Red Skull PF has a kick ass uniform, I'm getting one! :rock

Oh and one more thing to remember, didn't Sideshow have a problem with the Nazi Kroenen packaging? IIRC they had to cover up the "Nazi" part of Nazi Kroenen with "WWII" on the outer shipping box.

The German's and Nazi's in particular had the best uniforms! Although I'm not into Marvel anymore, if the Red Skull PF has a kick ass uniform, I'm getting one! :rock

Apparently it's wrong to admire their uniforms though. :rolleyes:

A uniform doesn't kill a person. The person wearing the uniform does.

Oh why must people be so hard on the threads? hehe

Apparently it's wrong to admire their uniforms though. :rolleyes:

A uniform doesn't kill a person. The person wearing the uniform does.

Oh why must people be so hard on the threads? hehe

That's too bad. :monkey2 If the **** retentive politically correct bleeding hearts don't like my posts they are free to add me to their ignore lists. Oh wait, I'm being insensitive aren't I. :moon

I remember when Sideshow posted a poll for the next Marvel PF. I voted for Red Skull and he was near the bottom in total votes.

I thought I'd never see this! Can't wait for the Pre-Order!

Great work Martin - more excellent stuff from Gore!

I think it's how some people react to the swastika that makes it verboten. The little old lady who survived the concentration camp really doesn't care that your collectible isn't 100% accurate. Just seeing the symbol can be painful.

But, I think a red armband would really set off the black uniform and the red portrait. Perhaps they could have an armband with some other facisty icon on it.

No, the nazi's ruined the swastika for western civilization. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. It far outdates the nazis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

:lecture

They also ruined the Roman salutation, occultism, and fine tailoring for generations to come. The Nazis show what evil truly is -- a perversion of good, not a thing of itself.

I just hope this statue -- which seems to be brilliant -- doesn't become a fave of the moronic, I'd-love-to-spay-them-all neo-Nazi movement.

I'm sure Sideshow is taking steps to prevent that from happening, and all their decisions made on the final product should be viewed in that light.

Perhaps they could have an armband with some other facisty icon on it.

Well other insignias could readily be used, the Eagle, the "SS" symbol but I think the most accurate would definitely be the Swastika. A difficult thing too is that even the different symbols of the Nazi party usually incorporated the Swastika of some kind...Even if there was no symbols actually on it but an impressive Militaristic Uniform from that era still be really striking. My question is what the Exclusive will be. Red Skull is definitely the kind of character who would still wear Nazi garb even in modern times so a change of clothing wouldn't really be necessary....

I'm hoping the EX version has a alternate head(without cig) and also has diffrent hands(gun,cube,hand holding a smoke). Either way i'll get on to go with the Cap EX.

Sidshow have made this piece before

Has red skull ever worn the hat?

could be an exclusive if he has

8916_image02.jpg

''Order me next Thursday or its the cremation chamber !!!

redskull3.gif

Back