Red Skull PF now with SS peak Hat

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

foolkiller

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw some people talking about the Red Skull needing a hat, so I figured I'd give it a try. This is my second attempt. I think it is looking good so far. After each prototype, I obviously learn from my mistakes. Take a look. I'm thinking that while the white piping is accurate to this type of SS peak cap, it may need to be a little smaller and less prominent. Maybe gray piping to match the other parts of his uniform. I also still need to add some pieces like the brim cords. What say you?

rs1.jpg

rs2.jpg

rs3.jpg

rs4.jpg

rs5.jpg

Look s very good so far.

I think you need to go for something like this :

visor_cap_SS_nazi_gen.jpg

Look s very good so far.

I think you need to go for something like this :

visor_cap_SS_nazi_gen.jpg

That is what I'm going for. It's just not so easy to make it look fresh out of the box like that. I'm still working on it. Also I prefer if it has a "fitted" look to it. I definitely need to make some adjustments though.

SSCRUSHERCAP.jpg

Last edited:
Needs a little bit bigger. Perhaps, move the cap abit more down. Also, use a different fabric. Find one that is like the one Vince showed. Great job!!!

If you can make 4 more for me, I'll buy them. I'll add the emblems myself.

Or show how you made them.

The Fabric is pretty much an exact match to the Red skull's uniform, even though it may not look it from the photo. An original would have been made of wool but the scale ones are cotton.

It's definitely a difficult project especially for me who doesn't sew really ever. Trying reverse engineer how one of these things is put together took some time. I pretty much got it now. It all about making size adjustments with the third attempt. I think the overall size is good. I definitely need to make front part where the eagle symbol would sit taller. I had it taller originally but it was looking like a chef's hat. With this one I have a pretty good idea of what size of the parts need to be. I can make a pattern for people if they want when I get it right.

Needs a little bit bigger. Perhaps, move the cap abit more down. Also, use a different fabric. Find one that is like the one Vince showed. Great job!!!

If you can make 4 more for me, I'll buy them. I'll add the emblems myself.

Or show how you made them.

Just curious how do you plan to make the emblems? I sort of figured I'd have to sculpt them or use 1/6 scale ones.

hey that's lookin good! it might hang over a bit too much on the sides. man why didn't they ever make nazi caps for babies...

i'm joking:lol

hey that's lookin good! it might hang over a bit too much on the sides. man why didn't they ever make nazi caps for babies...

i'm joking:lol

are you ? :rolleyes:

I'm also wondering how you will make the (metal) emblems ...
Sculpt them ?

Looking good so far!
I think the statue benefits from adding the hat. It would have made a more attractive exclusive than the cosmic cube, imo.

Are you planning to sell these on the board if it works out?

Looking good so far!
I think the statue benefits from adding the hat. It would have made a more attractive exclusive than the cosmic cube, imo.

Are you planning to sell these on the board if it works out?

That would have been a worthwile exclusive.
The cube will stay in it's box over here ...

Just curious how do you plan to make the emblems? I sort of figured I'd have to sculpt them or use 1/6 scale ones.

my GF is German and she said she may know of a website where they sell small nazi emblems

hot damn, that just makes me want old red even more. yeah i thinks there would be some freaks wanting this feature. i know i will when i find mine.

Methinks the hat will need some futzing to match the sharpness of the uniform...

While you're at it, you could change the Iron Cross to a Swastika, if you're going for the whole look...

Back