Red Dead or Dragon Age: Origins?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dead or Dragon Age: Origins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chimera 1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am picking up a new game this weekend and wanted to know which is the better buy? I like westerns and I like the Dragon Age universe as i am currenly reading the 2nd Dragon Age novel "The Calling". So it is not about which type of game i like better but which one is a better buy overall, such as free DLC, better DLC, free stuff in general such as codes for free in game items if bought new...etc?

Very tough call. Both are great games, yet at the same time completely different. If you enjoyed the Dragon Age novels, then chances are that you will love the game as well, but RDR might be more fun to play. DAO will definately take you the longest to complete though, it took me around 50 hours to just beat the main story line. I haven't played RDR yet, but I heard that it takes you abour 20 hours to get through the main story, but then there's the multiplayer for it which can last you a good while.

I really enjoyed Dragon Age and been meaning to play the DLC's. Its just that I have several games I still need to finish.

First off, awesome sig you got there :rock

I think the decision relies on how much gameplay you want out of it. I have yet to play Dragon Age, but from what I've heard/red, it's going to take quite the considerable amount of time to finish, not that that's a bad thing. Just stating a fact that I played about 25 hours to get nearly 100% of Red Dead, I'm sure it's going to take more than 25 hours to beat Dragon Age.

Storywise, Red Dead is awesome, but like you said, you like westerns, so I'm sure you'll like it. But if you are reading the Dragon Age novels, you'll probably enjoy that story too. I think the deciding factor is time. If you don't want a SUPER long game, I would pick up Red Dead, if you do, then pick up Dragon Age

You can't compare these two games.

I hate dragon age and all it stands for and I loved Red Dead. One of the best games of this generation and possiblity ever. Almost comes close to my love of Vice City. It has a story I actually cared for which is just so rare in a video game today.

I rented DA:O and it was way too much for me to handle. It seemed like you had to micromanage your own character. Way too many details. I guess some people are into that sort of thing, but whatever.

Red Dead Redemption is the way to go.

I understand all of your points. I wish I could buy both, but unfortunately I can't. I also understand that it is difficult to compare the two games as they are completly different. Length of the game isn't an issue either since both have tons of DLC available or coming. I just really want to know which is a better value. For instance...
Which one offers the most free content (items, DLC) etc..?
But again that really comes down to preference. I am just not sure. It is difficult when you want 2 games equally.

I have both games and I love them both. It really comes down to what type of game you feel like playing. Do you want an open-world GTA style wild west game, or a more focused western style RPG? I personally couldn't say one is better than the other, I think they are both incredible games. I have a slight preference for Dragon Age just because I've always been into RPGs and such ever since Baldur's Gate.

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with either.

I went with Dragon age. As i said it was on sale so i got it for 39.99 at Best Buy. I think I made the right decision. I played about 2 hours and I am trying to get the Quanari (sp???) released from the cell.

i have both, LOVE both but bioware's storytelling in Dragon Age is amazing! i just finished it last night, and i ran out and bought the expansion pack Awakening, imported my grey warden character and am at it again!

Theres a few add-ons for Dragon-Age at the Playstation Store. I still have to Download them and reply the game, I still wanna try and beat it with every origin, awesome game.

Back