Recommended ideas for shelves.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StartOurwar

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I didn't know where else to post this so here goes. So, I find my desk and dressed starting to get way overcrowded by my six scale figures. I knew this day would come but I've been putting it off for awhile. The day is, I need to buy some sort of shelf, bookcase, curio cabinet. Anyone have any good recommendations for an affordable solution?

I didn't know where else to post this so here goes. So, I find my desk and dressed starting to get way overcrowded by my six scale figures. I knew this day would come but I've been putting it off for awhile. The day is, I need to buy some sort of shelf, bookcase, curio cabinet. Anyone have any good recommendations for an affordable solution?

lol a plank of cut wood with 2 brackets, screws and plugs, it can be done for like £2 so depends on what you wanna spend

How many figures do you own? These are pretty fair in price:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/10119206

You can fit about 4 per shelf and if you count the top you could store 20 in total.

$70 is decent too.

You can go to walmart and kmart and get some really nice looking book shelves there that will hold alot of stuff and they're heavy duty. It just depends on what you want. I personally like glass and so I have glass but it's pricey. The shelves alone for my unit would have run me $125 for only 5 shelves. But luckily I knew a guy who hooked me up for free cause I got him some carpet for his kids' room.

How did I not see this before? haha I searched Ikea! Thanks a lot bro. This is exactly what I had in mind.

Hey anytime, thats what we're here for :duff

Can this shelf fit Premium Formats??

The specs say no more than 6kg per shelf and we know that the average PF weighs a lot more than that :D You could try but I wouldn't chance it.

I have a mixture of store-bought shelving and personally made shelving. I like them both. I had to make my own shelves because the store ones weren't big enough for the 1:6 Jabba set nor 1:1 Crumb so they both have their advantages but if you make it yourself you can make it to fit what you want, you just need the wood and brackets.

Made these..they are different sized shelves:

Store bought:

I have a mixture of store-bought shelving and personally made shelving. I like them both. I had to make my own shelves because the store ones weren't big enough for the 1:6 Jabba set nor 1:1 Crumb so they both have their advantages but if you make it yourself you can make it to fit what you want, you just need the wood and brackets.

Made these..they are different sized shelves:

Store bought:

I always use genuine Cocoboloboy shelves for my collectible displaying needs, but then again, I'm pretty biased.:D

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

I'm actually looking for Detolf's that can fit Premium Format's...

Any links you know of???

I am not a fan of glass cabinets type stuff, I love open shelving, though dusty can be a major chore.

If you prefer open shelving Target has some good shelves.

Heres a quick pic of some of my shelves,
SANY2986.jpg

Back