Recommendations for Bruce Wayne "kitbash"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just looks that way ;) I don't know where mine came from originally but have seen others buying it from toys2. It does not quite look the same upon closer inspection though. Everything seems to be just a tad different but really what matters is if it can be setup to look real :) The Triad Toys one looks like an even better cut but then might just be skilled poser as well :gun

I just can't believe that these suits cost almost like real clothing :horror

No this is not the Triad suit.

This suit was based directly off of TDK and is the "toy's 2 suit" made by Century Hobby in Hong Kong, it looks, fits and is cut a hundred times better than the Triad one and is almost impossible to get. you are very lucky Toys 2 had another one and sold it to you to be honest.

Does anyone know where I might find a leather jacket/jeans/shirt/shoes/helmet combo for a "casual" Wayne custom (like the one in this pic)?

Hi warlock, try to hunt down the Saturday Toys' Prison Wardrobe Set 06. It comes with all you need to kitbash his biker look.

I didn't research it much and just asked for Toys2's recommendation. I picked up two TrueType Figures with Narrow shoulders for Bruce and future MMS Joker. I also bought the suit from Toys2 for $60 but no idea what brand it was but after some adjustments I got it to look just about right.

This are my fave suits ever. It comes in three colourways and was released in Hong Kong in 2008 from Century Hobby and distributed in limited quantities by Toys2.

Nice score, Geil.

Okay, slightly O/T, but I started the thread so what the hell. The TDK HT collection was my first foray into the expen$ive 1/6 world, so when I first got them, I would treat them like they were glass, barely pose them, etc.
Lately, I've been thinking, f'k it, I want to pose/play with them more. So tonight, I'm playing with my OC bats, when snap! The left knee breaks!!!!!!!!!!
Well, right after I cried and crapped myself simultaneously, I remembered that I had the extra TT I bought for when I get my DX joker. I carefully removed the suit from the OC bats, and was about to put it on the TT, when I realized the shoulders didn't match.
So I grabbed my two-face, 'cause his body was the same as the OC bats, and used that instead. I thought it was a done deal, 'til I figured out the forearms on the OC were different (longer so that the gauntlets fit). Well, luckily they were an easy swap with the two face body (just pull them out clean from the elbow), and a little glue assist from the lovely wife later, the OC bats is good as new (added bonus, two-face looks better on the narrow shoulder body, IMO).
I am out a TT now, though...

This are my fave suits ever. It comes in three colourways and was released in Hong Kong in 2008 from Century Hobby and distributed in limited quantities by Toys2.

Nice score, Geil.

They are stunning. Wish I got some of them back then but I guess I can't have it all. I was lucky to get a Tony Stark suit, my first ever 1/6 suit. They seem so hard to come by now.

Okay, slightly O/T, but I started the thread so what the hell. The TDK HT collection was my first foray into the expen$ive 1/6 world, so when I first got them, I would treat them like they were glass, barely pose them, etc.
Lately, I've been thinking, f'k it, I want to pose/play with them more. So tonight, I'm playing with my OC bats, when snap! The left knee breaks!!!!!!!!!!
Well, right after I cried and crapped myself simultaneously, I remembered that I had the extra TT I bought for when I get my DX joker. I carefully removed the suit from the OC bats, and was about to put it on the TT, when I realized the shoulders didn't match.
So I grabbed my two-face, 'cause his body was the same as the OC bats, and used that instead. I thought it was a done deal, 'til I figured out the forearms on the OC were different (longer so that the gauntlets fit). Well, luckily they were an easy swap with the two face body (just pull them out clean from the elbow), and a little glue assist from the lovely wife later, the OC bats is good as new (added bonus, two-face looks better on the narrow shoulder body, IMO).
I am out a TT now, though...

...and people say these are toys. Toys are meant to be played with and because of that toys are robust. Collectibles break with slight movement which these do. I've lost count the amount of times somebody has broken a knee, a elbow joint, a wrist peg, an ankle joint, a gauntlet or blade, a hip, or rubber stress/split with too much posing. The worst one I read was when somebody's Dark Knight figures chest crunched when they were swapping heads. I bet that sound will go down well with anyone.

This is one of the main reasons I never move the joints with any great movement. Plus some have said the joints have loosened off over time. Waggle waggle waggle.

Maybe some figures are more fragile than others, maybe some batches are flawed... maybe it's some people on how they handle things. Maybe it's everything. It's anyones guess, who knows.

One thing you can guarantee, it will keep happening. They are not as robust as some people make out.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I might find a leather jacket/jeans/shirt/shoes/helmet combo for a "casual" Wayne custom (like the one in this pic) ?

review_htdkbats2_18.jpg

Ok, I need that beige suit... anyone have any leads ?

Back