recieved my aragorn box destroyed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kackey22

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
The boxed was crushed right in the middle. Didn’t just effect the shipping box but the display box too. For the amount I paid for the figure it should not of had any damage. Looks like the whole thing was folded in half.

Anyone else have this problem before with sideshow. How did they end up resolving it?

kackey22 said:
The boxed was crushed right in the middle. Didn’t just effect the shipping box but the display box too. For the amount I paid for the figure it should not of had any damage. Looks like the whole thing was folded in half.

Anyone else have this problem before with sideshow. How did they end up resolving it?

Contact SS right away. If the product is damaged, they'll replace it. If you want a replacement box, they'll send one to you.

And Welcome!!!

this happened with my SDCC anakin and they responded the same day and i had an entire new box within 3 days. dont stress, just let them know what happened and they will hook you up.

...like everyone said so far, contact SS and they will be happy to give you a new box. The response wait is a bit slow right now, maybe a week or two but they will send you a new one.

Just got mine today and the very same problem. It is so bad I cannot get the product box out of the shipping box without tearing it up. Usually I don't really care for a little damage but this was bad.

Yep just give Sideshow a call or an email and they will be more than glad to help you out. I have had to get a replacement box for my Sith Anakin and they shipped it out in a flat box and its almost perfect now.

mine is slightly smashed in the middle also.doesnt sound as bad as what you all are recieveing.but it was dissapointing none the less.i may give sideshow a jingle to see about another box also:emperor

All of this doesn't sound very good... If these boxes are damaged so easily, shouldn't they be redesigned? I wonder, for how long will SSC replace damaged boxes with a smile, before this get's to expensive for them, and they start to charge for it (or raise the price of the figures all together)?

Received my reply from them. No new box, THEY TOLD ME TO RETURN IT FOR A REFUND!!

What the hell is that. They charge a arm and a leg for shipping, it’s something I preordered months ago and they could not bother to even pack it correctly.

Worst shipping experience ever. Would be fine if I could receive a refund and buy it from someone else, but this is just stupid.

Shipping was already pretty high from them in the past this makes me wonder about my other preorders from them.

That seems very uncharateristic... they were replacing boxes for a number of the SW figures w/o any trouble. I'd try calling, maybe you'll get a different respsonse. Keep us posted.

yeah, they've replaced boxes before no prob. and if u do have to send it back for replacement/refund all shipping should be covered by them so that shouldn't be a problem either.

I've only had to replace one item from SS so far and it was as painless as a return can be. They covered shipping both ways so there was nothing for me to do except wait.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
All of this doesn't sound very good... If these boxes are damaged so easily, shouldn't they be redesigned? I wonder, for how long will SSC replace damaged boxes with a smile, before this get's to expensive for them, and they start to charge for it (or raise the price of the figures all together)?
It's not the product boxes that are the problem, but the shipping boxes. They are only big enough to cover the product box and nothing else.

I've had to replace only one box, out of the many I've received. When I sent my initial complaint to Sideshow, I attached photos of the damage (outer shipping box as well). Jennifer Bigham in Customer Service mentioned in her reply that the emailed photos really speeded things up. So send pictures if you can.

I hope Sideshow recovers some of this cost from UPS.

This is my biggest problem with SS and I've been collecting for a long time. Almost every 12 inch figure I get comes with a crushed box. And I just got my Aragorn and yes the box is destroyed. I think I had enough of it. I'm just going to stop collecting their 12 inch figures. I did get replacements before but I'm tired of dealing with the problem.

The 12 inch boxes are important to me. I dont want a damaged box. I display my collection in their boxes. And a damaged box hurts the value and yes I'm a Collector and want my stuff mint for the money I pay for it. I don't want to pay extra for shipping either. I feel if people have to pay extra for shipping then there's a problem, which should be fixed.

I'll still be collectiing the PF figures, glad to see Lurtz is an excellent statue. So I'll be saving alot of money dropping the 12 inch line, eventhough I really dont want to. But the damaged box issue, I had enough of it. And I was surprised that Aragorn looked excellent, I must of got a good one.

Bannister said:
It's not the product boxes that are the problem, but the shipping boxes. They are only big enough to cover the product box and nothing else.

Sounds like its a problem with your local shipper... I get mine shipped internationally and I've never had a damaged box yet - and I've got over 50 SSC 12" figures.

I don't want the box any bigger - since this is what determines the already ludicrous shipping boxes. The bit that really hurts is its actually alot cheaper to ship from Australia to the USA than it is the reverse... now who can explain that one to me ;p

Finally got my shipping notice for Aragorn yesterday - here's hoping the trend continues. But I don't really use the box anyways - I'd be just as happy if he shipped in a post-tube (probably happier cos it would be cheaper).

They replaced my Mace Windu box and shipped it in a larger box with airbag padding. I don't understand why they don't just ship all figures in larger boxes with padding or packing peanuts. Every company I order from does that EXCEPT SS. Instead, they ship them in cardboard sleeves that are just asking for punishment from UPS.

Back