Recession means core wants

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Death Squad Commander was later turned into Star Destroyer Commander. One of the few original SW figures that had no major variations over the years. The original release by Kenner stamped 1977 released 1978 was the Death Squad Commander. I used to have twelve of these guys. :gun

Same here. LOVED those guys. :rock :rock :rock

Kinda looks like Robert Duvall!

DSC1.JPG

Death Squad Commander was later turned into Star Destroyer Commander. One of the few original SW figures that had no major variations over the years. The original release by Kenner stamped 1977 released 1978 was the Death Squad Commander. I used to have twelve of these guys. :gun
I think the "Death Squad" was later changed because it gave too gruesome a title for something SW related. Anyway, I think it would be cool if SS put the original spin on some of the original characters released back in 1977/78 from the days of my youth. But seeing that his name was changed and is no longer known as such, and seeing that Lucas has such a tight grip on his baby I doubt such a thing could happen. Gone are the days of the old republic. Even though some of us still remember. :whip

That is some cool info, stickman. Thanks for letting me know. I had no clue about this. :rock

I agree. I passed because on this version because a) I have a mini-vader with removable helmet from Medicom and b) They created that body for Vader, there will be more. I'd antcipate a removable helmet to be included with a later release.

I was under the impression that the helmet on Vader WAS removeable. The description lists the helmet and faceplate as separate accessories.

If this is indeed not the case, I might as well cancel the thing and just wait for a better one...

I was under the impression that the helmet on Vader WAS removeable. The description lists the helmet and faceplate as separate accessories.

If this is indeed not the case, I might as well cancel the thing and just wait for a better one...

:confused: Why would you even want a removable helmet on A NEW HOPE Vader??

I would assume that for removable helmets it would work like this:

ANH- none
ESB- Removable Dome
ROTJ- Full reveal

And of course these might be functioning helmets like Medicom, or swappable ones. Either way, that would make sense to me.

To be honest, the removable aspect is not as important to me. If it in anyway compromises the scale look, then I'd rather not have it.

But if they provide two helmet/heads, one that is to scale and one that allows the breakdown aspect, then I'd be cool with that.

But if they provide two helmet/heads, one that is to scale and one that allows the breakdown aspect, then I'd be cool with that.

My guess is that is what they will do. Also having the different levels of reveal might entice buyers to get a 2nd and 3rd Vader who might otherwise be too smart :lol

Sideshow needs a hard look at Irish's post, because it is the most truthful one here. There are specific reasons caused by Sideshow's decision making that has made the line loose its luster. It has nothing to do with the economy or the customers.

The characters in bold are the type I was expecting when the line first started in 2005. What year is it now? 2009???

Piett would have actually been a popular character if it looked like the actor and had decent tailoring for the uniform.

Sure it does. Or, rather... it WOULD. The problem is that (so far) Sideshow's choices of 3rd Tier characters have been lazy and safe (i.e., all they amount to are simple headsculpts and clothing) and have lead to some VERY boring figures.

Tell me people wouldn't much rather have Greedo, Hammerhead, Tusken Raiders, Jawas, other creatures, or even some heroes in Hoth gear over yawners like Endor Rebels, Praji, Antilles, Piett, and on and on...

If Sideshow has to ditch background characters due to lack of sales or enthusiasm it's their own damn fault. Because they've either been mis-firing on their choices... or they're just not up to the challenge of producing 1:6 figures that are outside of their comfort zone.

The line has been around for how many YEARS now? And not a single damn droid, wookiee, or anything else iconic that screams "Star Wars" but can't be done by simply sticking a new headsculpt on a Buck. Ridiculous.

I agree that there should be way more aliens in the SW line than we have now. As a kid, that was what drew me to the SW universe.

Back