Received a Sideshow Catalog Volume 9

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alienhelm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi Guys, you would'nt believe wat happened to me. I manage to track down a brand new sealed Leatherface Premium Format figurine on a online store in Italy (Set me back about $600 - 168/300 :D). Anyways when i finally got him, I opened the Box and slid the Polystyrene Box out and wat slid out to was a Sideshow Catalog Volume 9 :horror. I could not believe it, it was still sealed and in perfect condition, well so was the Leatherface :cool:.

So i want to know did Sideshow at one point include Catalogs with there products?

And i'm keeping the Catalog sealed....:D

Hi Guys, you would'nt believe wat happened to me. I manage to track down a brand new sealed Leatherface Premium Format figurine on a online store in Italy (Set me back about $600 - 168/300 :D). Anyways when i finally got him, I opened the Box and slid the Polystyrene Box out and wat slid out to was a Sideshow Catalog Volume 9 :horror. I could not believe it, it was still sealed and in perfect condition, well so was the Leatherface :cool:.

So i want to know did Sideshow at one point include Catalogs with there products?

And i'm keeping the Catalog sealed....:D

Yes, for a while, they included catalogs with their larger products like Premium Formats, marquettes, dioramas, etc. They had a space cut out in the Styrofoam just for the catalogs.

Yes, for a while, they included catalogs with their larger products like Premium Formats, marquettes, dioramas, etc. They had a space cut out in the Styrofoam just for the catalogs.

The Frodo PF you sold me had one of these catalogs in it. :)

That was the first time I had seen one included with a product. Not a bad idea, IMHO.

The Frodo PF you sold me had one of these catalogs in it. :)

That was the first time I had seen one included with a product. Not a bad idea, IMHO.

Some people (and I am not one of them), think that if it came with the catalog, then it is incomplete without it, so I always leave them in the packaging. :D

The problem with this is that Sideshow didn't always include them, even when they made the cut outs for them, so it shouldn't be considered as part of the "package".

yup, as has been said, they did that for a while (seem to have stopped with vol 10).

When I picked up a couple of older PF's, I got the vol 9 as well. Ended up with 3 of them, so two are still sealed.

Some people (and I am not one of them), think that if it came with the catalog, then it is incomplete without it, so I always leave them in the packaging. :D

I'm one of those people. :lecture :D

And I'm also a stickler for the Sideshow shipper as well.

I'm one of those people. :lecture :D

And I'm also a stickler for the Sideshow shipper as well.

Eeh.jpg

:rotfl

A Yankees fan?!? I'm offended.

Hey, just throwing it out there. I can't help it. I've just found that it helps the resale value (in terms of keeping the SS shipper that is.) I've said it before but I know I've gotten an extra $100 + out of a PF because I've had the shipper. :chew

thanks guys...thats pretty cool that sideshow included catalogs in with there bigger items :). I only got 1 catalog so will keep it sealed. Been seeing people selling this Volume 9's for quite abit of $$.

But are these Catalogs becoming Rare?

Back