Recast PFs, IM and dioramas (Xenomorph)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where the heck did you find those pics? Did he actually post them in this forum or any other forum?

The first few of hulk, cap, and thor are from the xenomoph garage kit site. The IM recast pics were sent directly to me, along with a request not to turn them over to Sideshow or anyone else... I wonder why :rolleyes:

According to that thread, didn't JBinny buy the Iron Man one of these? So what's with the don't support stuff.

After some exchanging some some choice words and seeing the IM recast pictures it most definitely went back. At first they insisted that everything was 100% original, bug the more I questioned it and the pieces in the picture, the more it came outthat they were recasts. At first I was told that they were all just customized original Sideshow PFs and I asked if anyone had sculpted/painted the spandex part of a Spidey PF and that's when the story started falling apart...
1st they were all Sideshow originals, then they were one off recasts, then it was a small batch, then they were doing an X-men 1 diorama, and it just kept getting deeper.

According to that thread, didn't JBinny buy the Iron Man one of these? So what's with the don't support stuff.
Yes but in this instance I can back Jake and confirm as soon as he discovered the seller was an alleged re-caster, he asked for the thread to be deleted.
I decided for it to remain as it is good for all the information on potential recasters/fakes to be out there so people are aware of what they are doing. That way people can get information if they are looking to buy any of these items and they will be more informed about what /who to avoid.

Like most on this board I despise recasting but it is benefitial for all collectors that the information be available.
x :peace

Last edited:
After some exchanging some some choice words and seeing the IM recast pictures it most definitely went back. At first they insisted that everything was 100% original, bug the more I questioned it and the pieces in the picture, the more it came outthat they were recasts. At first I was told that they were all just customized original Sideshow PFs and I asked if anyone had sculpted/painted the spandex part of a Spidey PF and that's when the story started falling apart...
1st they were all Sideshow originals, then they were one off recasts, then it was a small batch, then they were doing an X-men 1 diorama, and it just kept getting deeper.

Gotcha! I was just confused. You did the right thing.

Huh....it should be interesting to see how this works out but more interestingly is that if it is true and the seller is an active member then they are a ballsy one because threads about recasting and people's feelings on it have been around for a long time at this point.

Yes but in this instance I can back Jake and confirm as soon as he discovered the seller was an alleged re-caster, he asked for the thread to be deleted.
I decided for it to remain as it is good for all the information on potential recasters/fakes to be out there so people are aware of what they are doing. That way people can get information if they are looking to buy any of these items and they will be more informed about what /who to avoid.

Like most on this board I despise recasting but it is benefitial for all collectors that the information be available.
x :peace

:rock :rock :rock :lecture :lecture :lecture

So wait is it Xenomorph the user on this board or a like company or site called Xenomorph thats doing the Recasts? :confused:

I wish I could see these pics. Have to wait to get home.

Is xenomorph located in the US or overseas?

It's sad...I've engaged these guys before to help in repairing my statues. They're talented people. :(

Hi Guys , I think this is going way too hot. Let me put some light here . First the Sideshow Hulk PF and the captain america PF you see in the pictures belong to me . It engage Xenomorph to do some custom work for me . You can see from the picture i attached. I like the sculpt work for Sideshow PF but i just dont like them in clothing so i get them to help me take off the pants and resculpt it using sculpy and repaint it to the colour i want. I personally like this colour. I found the original colour a bit too dark green . And same for the Captain america PF . I just get Xenomorph to custom for me the Thor PF too , but look like i wont be sharing the completed picture here since it make people think that it a recast. I am against recasting and encourage collectors to purchase the original but I accept custom work. I dont feel the ironman that Xenomoprh done is a recast. There is too much custom work involved in it . But that my feeling and thought . Collectors out there can think other wise. The pictures of the ironman body is part of the Work in progress for the ironman custom they done which i had seen before too. I am finding the work in progress picture of the Hulk custom and will post up soon.

bg_hulkcustom.jpg

Regards
SS collector

Hi Guys , I think this is going way too hot. Let me put some light here . First the Sideshow Hulk PF and the captain america PF you see in the pictures belong to me . It engage Xenomorph to do some custom work for me . You can see from the picture i attached. I like the sculpt work for Sideshow PF but i just dont like them in clothing so i get them to help me take off the pants and resculpt it using sculpy and repaint it to the colour i want. I personally like this colour. I found the original colour a bit too dark green . And same for the Captain america PF . I just get Xenomorph to custom for me the Thor PF too , but look like i wont be sharing the completed picture here since it make people think that it a recast. I am against recasting and encourage collectors to purchase the original but I accept custom work. I dont feel the ironman that Xenomoprh done is a recast. There is too much custom work involved in it . But that my feeling and thought . Collectors out there can think other wise. The pictures of the ironman body is part of the Work in progress for the ironman custom they done which i had seen before too. I am finding the work in progress picture of the Hulk custom and will post up soon.

bg_hulkcustom.jpg

Regards
SS collector
:horror:horror

bg_hulkcustom.jpg

Regards
SS collector

he sorta has a point. Everybody is jumping to conclusions kinda quick. maybe somebody wanted to customize his sideshow PF's. Don't know really why you would customize a master piece like the Hulk PF, but hey you have your own tastes. Just saying. I hope your telling the truth bro. The guy really does amazing work.

Here is the link to the WIP for my custom hulk. I check if i still have the WIP for my Captain America. And last thing . I was there when they took the pictures with the PF and Bowen faux bronze , they are original. Just want to show how big sideshow PF is in compare to the bowen.

hulkcustom.jpg

Regards
SS Collector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sideshow Rulz..........

Back