Recast PFs, IM and dioramas (Xenomorph)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lost in all the scandal is how cool the Cap and Hulk look as comiquettes. What a tragedy that someone has to buy a PF they don't want and customize it into a comiquette that they do. When will SS realize that marvel's heavy hitters must be made as comiquettes? There is no reason someone should have to go to such lengths to own a comiquette of Cap, Hulk, Thor, or Spidey from SS.

If that is indeed the case. There is large market out there, plenty of non-cloth statues.

Just a small note - if anyone can get us solid information to track down these folks, we will gladly pursue them! :) We have an email setup for this purpose:

[email protected]

You can also private message some of us here on the boards.

Hi nano you are right . I like custom work . Because there is only one piece in the world and i own it :monkey5

SS Collector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sideshow Rulz............

You're so full of sh-t...

A custom piece is one thing, but you have fellow countrymen who have seen the recasts and recasting process. That's just the original hulk that you had to customize in order to make the forms to actually do the recasts. Look closely at the base of the Hulk in the group picture, you can tell the color is even off on that.

Also, I was told that those were in fact recast PFs in that picture and that almost any PF could be recast/resculpted... lie your way out of that one.

BTW, is your name "Ben"?

Recasters are the exact reason that Sideshow needs to continue with the PF treatment on as many characters as it actually works with. If you like the clothless version better, either buy a Bowen piece or pay to have a real Sideshow piece customized.

Tragedy????

You've got to be f-cking kidding me :rolleyes:

Couldn't tell if this dude was being sarcastic or not :confused:

If that is indeed the case. There is large market out there, plenty of non-cloth statues.

Not from SS. I don't care for PF statues in general. If I want a stand alone SS classic Spidey, Hulk, Thor, or Cap as comiquettes only, I'm out of luck. These were only offered as PF's. Look at the lengths someone went just to put sculpted pants on the Hulk. Marvel's heavy hitters should be offered in both forms. This way everyone is happy.

Not from SS. I don't care for PF statues in general. If I want a stand alone SS classic Spidey, Hulk, Thor, or Cap as comiquettes only, I'm out of luck. These were only offered as PF's. Look at the lengths someone went just to put sculpted pants on the Hulk. Marvel's heavy hitters should be offered in both forms. This way everyone is happy.

Good point--the cloth PF versions do have to grow on you sometimes.

Cool I was wondering if filip629 was one. The reason I am asking is because it would seem there is a group of collectors who hail from there (and used to post here) who are active supporters of recasting and even engage in it themselves.

Nakakahiya naman.

Cool I was wondering if filip629 was one. The reason I am asking is because it would seem there is a group of collectors who hail from there (and used to post here) who are active supporters of recasting and even engage in it themselves.

Nakakahiya naman.

Don't mention it kapatid, I hate recasters my self as I've been scam by our own.

uhhhh seriously? you believed that guy?!?

If you hate spandex as much as some of us do....yes. I'm by no means defending him or saying he isn't part of a recasting group, however, that isn't my point.

How many customized pieces have we seen on this board? All these pieces were customized because their owners didn't care for the original version of the sculpt for some reason. This is the route I would have to take if I wanted SS comiquettes of Hulk, Thor, Spidey, or Cap. As a collector of SS products, why should I have to go too such lengths to get what I want?

Last edited:

Nakakahiya naman.

No pixeltwin. I don't like recasters any more than you do. I from Chicago by the way.

If you hate spandex as much as some of us do....yes. I'm by no means defending him or saying he isn't part of a recsting group, however, that isn't my point.

How many customized pieces have we seen on this board? All these pieces were customized because their owners didn't care for the original version of the sculpt for some reason. This is the route I would have to take if I wanted SS comiquettes of Hulk, Thor, Spidey, or Cap. As a collector of SS products, why should I have to go too such lengths to get what I want?

Because it is what YOU want, and not what SS wants. So youre the one who's going to have to do something about it.

That's still in question--there is a good chance that process was used to prep the Hulk to be recast.

I don't know Cang--the "owner" of the totaly sculpted Hulk--but I would like to see his log activity for this board. Cang, a member since 2008 has only 6 posts. This is not unheard of, but that fact seems suspicious to me. Like I have mentioned earlier in the thread, this activity is not unheard of--recasters and their cronies post here to quasi-defend and lie about evidence (pics, etc) that surface. It just seems odd that he finds his way to this thread on the day this comes up.

Last edited:
Recasters are the exact reason that Sideshow needs to continue with the PF treatment on as many characters as it actually works with. If you like the clothless version better, either buy a Bowen piece or pay to have a real Sideshow piece customized.

Tragedy????

You've got to be f-cking kidding me :rolleyes:

Binny think about that statement. I am a paying SS customer. If someone told you to buy Ken and Barbie clothes for your statues and customize them into cute superhero outfits for your statues, would you be happy?

I don't think you would want to go through all that in order to have a PF of a character you love.

There should be other ways of dealing with recasters without comiquette fans having to pay EXTRA money to own a SS statue they love.

Back