RECAST ALERT: Sideshow & Sideshow Weta LOTR items !!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microdragon

Super Freak
Reaction score
found this new recast on one Chinese forum, looks pretty:gah:. Make sure you buy an real one from Sideshow if you see any cheap busts like this one. Good luck guys!
WU1.jpg

WU2.jpg

WU3.jpg

WU4.jpg

WU5.jpg

WU6.jpg

Last edited:
Re: recast :The Morgul Lord Legendary Scale Bust is on market

Damn!:horror Hate this kind of stuff coming out just like the IM comiquette.:mad: as I'm thinking of getting this one soon.

TFS this news bro!:peace

Damn, I never thought they would re-cast these :mad:

I'll transfer this thread to the LOTR Section to let the peeps in there know.
x :duff

Damn, I never thought they would re-cast these :mad:

I'll transfer this thread to the LOTR Section to let the peeps in there know.
x :duff
there wiil be more recasts coming and I will keep my eye on them. if I see any recasts i will report on this forum to help people to tell which is real one.:wave

Thank you! :duff.
I've also pm'd Dave incase he hasn't seen this thread, so he can notify SS if need be.
x :wave

Hehe damn. I'm about to sell mine to raise funds for motorcyle season. I'll have to be very clear it's not mistaken for this trash.

:confused: I guess Im not following. Is this up on some site? Is this person selling this? Post makes it seem like there is some sort of "coming soon" site for chinese recasts? That seems kind of... odd... :cuckoo:

How do we know this is a recast?

How do we know this is a recast?

if you bought sideshow one, you can easliy see difference between them. also the most important thing to keep in mind when you buy something from China or somewhere else is you must ask for all the details of the items such as print and number on the base, out-box, even the brown shipper........

if you bought sideshow one, you can easliy see difference between them. also the most important thing to keep in mind when you buy something from China or somewhere else is you must ask for all the details of the items such as print and number on the base, out-box, even the brown shipper........

That doesnt answer Dave's question though. Do you know its a recast and not a repaint/touch-up? I post many pictures of pieces I've modded, that doesnt make them recasts. Does the site indicate its a recast? And for that matter if there is a "Recast-ers Monthly" or some such site (which I would find odd) then by all means we (and Sideshow and Bowen) need to know about it! :horror

looks like a pretty easy piece to recast, but yea, wheres the proof? Im suprised that ppl would be suprised this is a recast :lol

looks like a pretty easy piece to recast, but yea, wheres the proof? Im suprised that ppl would be suprised this is a recast :lol

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8850097133
goto the link up and you will see they sell it at 899.00RMB=$160, and the pics are took in the factory when painting, what do you think now? in their online shop you can also lots other recasts

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=8850097133
goto the link up and you will see they sell it at 899.00RMB=$160, and the pics are took in the factory when painting, what do you think now? in their online shop you can also lots other recasts

Yikes!
Well, thats different. :horror If you had posted the pic of all them lined up like that, it wouldnt have had any of us doubting you. Because the other pics just look like any other "look at my piece" pics.

surprising that they'd recast a piece that really isn't worth all that much on the secondary market, but i guess when your bored and need something to do then why not. :dunno

damn recasters, at least they could have their site in English.:monkey1:nana:

Back