READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREORDER NOW! FULL REVEAL! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Haven't seen this movie in ages. Just curious... what do you guys find so fascinating about it?

It's a lucid (and lurid) social commentary on the 80's. Bale's performance here is phenomenal. His Batman pales so much in comparison, although that's the character's fault not his. I can't wait to get my hands on this figure.

Be sure to read the book as well because the film omitted many insanely hilarious scenes. If only I can pose Bateman flexing his bicep and pointing to himself in the mirror winking while doggying a 1/6th prostitute hahaha.

Definitely going to watch it again tonight. Any idea how many DXs will be made?

Hello,

I'm new in this thread so I don't know if someone already said something about the skin tone?

I think it looks like he was tanned. IMO the color should be a little more lighter.

I'll appreciate if anyone could tell me something about this.

Thanks!!

I've got a tanning bed at home.... you should look into it

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzHTsI22KwU[/ame]

Hello,

I'm new in this thread so I don't know if someone already said something about the skin tone?

I think it looks like he was tanned. IMO the color should be a little more lighter.

I'll appreciate if anyone could tell me something about this.

Thanks!!

No you're definitely right about that, the skin tone is too dark. Denny was informed about this same issue on another figure so I believe that it's being looked into.

I know he goes tanning in the movie lol... But it definitely looks darker than it should be.

I'll send Denny an email to comment that to him and I will post his reply here to inform you what he told me.

Thanks for your replies friends!!

Hello,

I got reply from Denny about the skin tone when I told him that IMO it was a little darker than it should be. Here is what he told me:

I will check about it. We will try our best to match the promotion photos, but you and other members think the promotion
sample looks dark?

I am not very sure, because I have customers from worldwide so if this is right to change the skin.

But I will recheck it

Thanks

Denny

So guys if you have any opinion about this matter, you can tell what you think and Denny will check it.

Thanks!

I agree that it's a little too dark. I feel the same way about their Hannibal and surprisingly he has a very similar skin tone to HT Avenger Thor (I have both in hand); which I think is a little too dark also.

I don't think Bateman should be should be as fair as Neo but it would be better if he was lighter than these promos.

Yeah PopCultKid, I have their Hannibal too. But I didn't notice the skin tone in that until now you're pointing it out.

2 on the list for changing the skin tone on Bateman to a lighter one. IMO we need at least 25 people for Denny to consider changing it.

I also told him that IMO the hair is a little too brown-ish. And that it should be a little darker.. The real Bateman has more darker hair.. Only with direct light over him, the hair looks more brown..

But lets gather more people to make this happen..

I'm with you, little lighter for skin tone and little darker for hair color. The changes shouldn't be drastic, though.

Personally I think the hair is good. I rather see it a little highlited like that then a monotone flat brown color.

I'm starting to realize something about the skin tone. Even HT is using a similar complexion on some Caucasian characters. I was comparing some of the more recent HT releases and Thor, the DX12 Wayne sculpt and Bane are very dark almost identical to Iminime's Lecter. Even the DX10 T-800 is dark in a different way as it has a red undertone and all the former appear more sun tanned.

The few that they got right recently is Hawkeye, Cap & Widow as they all have skin tones that are better representations of Caucasians' complexions. If Iminime has either Hawkeye or Cap on hand they would be good examples to use as a model

Yes man you're rigth about the skin tone in all those hot toys headsculpts. Last nigth you mentioned that with the thor figure, I went to check and all those headsculpts have a similar skin tone. Maybe is the new "black" lol..

Even the Stark MK IV headsculpt and the Avengers MK VI has a darker skin tone, Gordon too. I have a Sereng´s House M.D. and that is very caucasian skin tone. It really stands out of the other figures I have..

Maybe a little more like the Rick Grimes head but a bit darker. They already have that headsculpt in hand so they could check and compare to that.

P.S. 3 on the list for changing the skin tone :)

Yes man you're rigth about the skin tone in all those hot toys headsculpts. Last nigth you mentioned that with the thor figure, I went to check and all those headsculpts have a similar skin tone. Maybe is the new "black" lol..

Even the Stark MK IV headsculpt and the Avengers MK VI has a darker skin tone, Gordon too. I have a Sereng´s House M.D. and that is very caucasian skin tone. It really stands out of the other figures I have..

Maybe a little more like the Rick Grimes head but a bit darker. They already have that headsculpt in hand so they could check and compare to that.

P.S. 3 on the list for changing the skin tone :)

Honestly. I prefer the skin tone to match the hands of TTMs. Nothing bothers me more than heads and hands mismatching.

I always change the hands on my Iminime figs since I don't like the shiny KO hands. Well, I always change the bodies to TTs also but I usually add hands from a specific character as opposed to the generic hands that come with the TTs. I find that the specific hands come in varying skin tones (the same like we're discussing with the sculpts).

You can usually find something that matches the sculpt really well. For instance I have my Rainman Anton on a HT Avengers Cap body with DX10 T-800 hands

Correct. I really don't know if the actual skin tone or if they change it, will match any TTs hands color. Maybe if they keep the actual skin tone, still wont match the TTs hands :dunno

But as I am seeing the response of the people so far(only 4 of us), more likely they will not change the skin tone. So at the end I don't know what will happen.

Back