READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PREORDER NOW! FULL REVEAL! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Yes Axe we know that you’re not a fan of the G-29. But I'll tell you that Kai got it wrong and Neca got it right (Neca replicated the G-29 shape to a tee). What was seen on the movie poster and what was shown in the movie are two different things. And yes they never actually show that knife in his hand when he kills Al but it's definitely implied. That's why Neca (the only company who made a licensed Bateman) choose that style.

But I know you like the movie poster look so I'll leave it alone and I won't piss on your parade.
Its not about If Im a fan or not, Im a fan of screen accuracy thats it... if he used a pencil sharpner Id have pushed for it. But sadly I dont know where you can get an 'implication' that it was a G-29 because all he did was open and see his assortment in the kitchen. There is no implication he took any of them in his briefcase... he could have used any of the blades in that logic.
NECA's got the Axe wood texture wrong, They used a tie not used in the film, as well as the base has newspaper prints which' accuracy cannot be confirmed, a video tape not shown on the film and a Walkman that doesnt resemble the Walkman used on the screen, so inspite of being a licensed Bateman there is no guarantee of accuracy on it, let alone accuracy in terms of an item which has no screen time.

Hence the reliance on the movie poster. The ONLY official source to tie down the blade shape in relation to the film. Thats my logic.
If I had a fav knife Id have pushed for a Xacto Blade... Its not MY likings, its what can be tied down to an official source and not just blind speculation and 'implication'.

You know how much of a fan I am of this film and how much Ive advocated to get everything as close to accuracy as possible, so I feel disappointed when you imply that somehow I chose to overlook accuracy for my 'preferance'. My preference has only been one thing... accuracy

Last edited:
Actually Iminime has a 3D sculptor who will be ding prints for them. So they are going to do the accessory expansion pack in a couple of months. I'm sure the nail gun and Walkman will make the cut but I believe they may be open to some other suggestions.

As a result of the 3D printer being on board, Denny says that all the future releases are going to have much better quality accessories

Thanks PCK.
Awesome news!
For this and Fight Club!

I think Pop and Axe both missed callings as rival academics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayre's_law
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

But in all honesty, I just had to explain everything because inspite of all the best efforts put in to make the release as close as possible to screen accuracy, some still think screen accuracy has been sacrificed for 'personal bias'... which is wrong. The only bias has been to get this release as accurate as possible.

My personal bias? Id have advocated for this look...
2217392_o.gif

Last edited:

I think Pop and Axe both missed callings as rival academics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sayre's_law

:rotfl:rotfl

We are truly wasted talent

Axe, my logic is that it's implied in this way: of those three knives only one would be suitable for the stabbing motion that he clearly uses on Al. It's not that little tooth pick and it's not the vegetable knife with a blunt top.

The G-29 is a unique looking blade and not so generic like the movie poster which really just resembles Myres' Lamson Knife

I would've liked to have seen that done differently but I don't even care to have the debate because I'm happy with the set as is.

I will say that what people are talking about with the overcoat is not it's length (that's perfect). It's the bulk that you see on the sides by his stomach/waist. It flares out a bit there and makes him look a bit frumpy.

I know that the screen used ones have a lot of material and are a bit big and flowy, but most times that's very hard to translate in 1/6 because the material doesn't fall the same.

Speaking of the coat, are there any shots of the back of it? Did they put in the single vent? Also the back of the blazer. Is that double vented? From this pic I thought it was but it's not clear.

156457_502433686487930_1654492199_n.jpg

Re: [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Yes, our new 3D modeler will be working from April.
We will work for the shoes in April~
Thanks

Denny

Awesome work on this Denny....love the way the sculpt came out....suit and overcoat is amazing.

I will say that what people are talking about with the overcoat is not it's length (that's perfect). It's the bulk that you see on the sides by his stomach/waist. It flares out a bit there and makes him look a bit frumpy.

I know that the screen used ones have a lot of material and are a bit big and flowy, but most times that's very hard to translate in 1/6 because the material doesn't fall the same.

Speaking of the coat, are there any shots of the back of it? Did they put in the single vent? Also the back of the blazer. Is that double vented? From this pic I thought it was but it's not clear.
I talked to Denny, Since Bateman never closes his Overcoat he will remake this overcoat removing the snaps and putting the buttons on the other side. So it wont be closable but thats what it was on screen (like the Joker Overcoat) That will help it to fall free and take the shape of the jacket without making a frump and makes it easy to futz and settle down.

And he will make some more mods to fit the clothes better and take more pics in the upcoming weeks... so be rest assured all will be shown and improved as much as possible.

Been watching this one from the sidelines, but just have to say - WOW. :thud::thud::thud:
This is a flat out phenomenal release - stunning likeness, wonderful tailoring and great accessories.

I don't have the budget for it but I can easily admit I'd love to own it purely as iminime's best release to date.

Amazing job Denny. :clap:bow:clap

I talked to Denny, Since Bateman never closes his Overcoat he will remake this overcoat removing the snaps and putting the buttons on the other side. So it wont be closable but thats what it was on screen (like the Joker Overcoat) That will help it to fall free and take the shape of the jacket without making a frump and makes it easy to futz and settle down.

And he will make some more mods to fit the clothes better and take more pics in the upcoming weeks... so be rest assured all will be shown and improved as much as possible.

Awesome news! Making an already impressive release even more impressive.:clap

Re: [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/25945_502437536487545_375652893_n.jpg

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/182650_502433729821259_814101020_n.jpg

Hahahaha that is a great pic, so glad this was made that is pure genius right there.

Nothing is ever gunna be perfect and there are a few things that niggle me, but overall, the regular sculpt is scarily spot on.
The rest is also a very good standard so hats off to everyone involved:):clap

The Neutral/Scowling Expression Painted Sculpt is now available for Preordering. However it is only open for preorder for a limited time
https://www.iminime.net/shop/step1.php?number=52

The DX Sculpt will NOT be offered separately for Sale even for VIP members.
I know some will be disgusted by this, but I am seriously considering getting the head as a replacement for my Batman Wayne head.

Christian Bale has always been a tough likeness to capture in 1:6 right? Even ht are way off the mark every time. So the fact that iminime have absolutely nailed him, with some serious feeling in the sculpt, bodes well for Daniel Craig, who also appears really hard to capture! I know they've done DC before but that sculpt isn't available, so I'm talking about their new one.

I know some will be disgusted by this, but I am seriously considering getting the head as a replacement for my Batman Wayne head.

He looks too young to be wayne. Too skinny. just my opinion

man.. my worst fears I mentioned several times have come true about the suit..

whatever material they have been using for suits they have to throw away and get something THINNER!! the tux i just got, smith (obviously) and their new generic suit, and now bateman all suffer from this bulky, cheap, unnatural look.

the head looks quite undersized already too, so switching it to an advance TT will only make that worse. its their best sculpt and amazing paint with great accessories, but honestly, this suit is bad. Smith bad..

I REALLY hope they rework it, with differant material. the best suit Iminime has ever done, was from their first figure I bought, Michael Corleone. they need to go back to that thinner, more rigid material, it even resembles Katos material on the Draper suit.

Dennys mentioned this was a passion project for them, so I think before we all go crazy and drop another 500 on Kato, we should encourage Iminime to retailor this a bit. they are perfectly capable, and seem determined to make a perfect release this time around, so lets help them make it happen!

Good god, I'm not even a huge fan of the movie (it was very, very good, but I never even thought of owning a Bateman figure), but this thing is, for lack of a better word, ****ing amazing. Seriously, it's actually too good. I'd never even think of owning something like this because I'd be afraid for my life every time I felt like listening to some Huey Lewis.

=
Dennys mentioned this was a passion project for them, so I think before we all go crazy and drop another 500 on Kato, we should encourage Iminime to retailor this a bit. they are perfectly capable, and seem determined to make a perfect release this time around, so lets help them make it happen!

I agree the suit material might not be right and too thick. However, at their prices Iminime will never be able to produce a KATO worthy suit. In fact only KATO, imo, can produce a Kato worthy suit.

Denny has told Axe that they will be improving the suit. Which is great. But I have no doubt KATO's suit would be a wonder to behold on this figure. Remember he tailors to the sculpt. Which would improve the sizing issue.

I have some issues with the way the suit and overcoat look aswell, very bulky.
The raincoat looks like the wrong material and not rubbery vinyl but more meshy.
Thats just my opinion, oh and the screaming sculpt looks a bit like val kilmer in some shots aswell.

Despite all that and I'm sure theres other little niggles and quarms but come on hot toys are never gunna make something this good or even go near it.
And for the money I think it's a good deal.
Personally I can't afford it and know others want alot for their hard earned dough.
That's fair enough.
Personally I would love the raincoat as it looks excellent and a great iconic look.
Will there be any other options to buy seperate pieces other than mentioned already?

Where can I order this?

Back