Re: Gandalf the Grey 12" in hand pics !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just got mine late last week. Absolutely LOVE this figure. SS really stepped it up with the hobbits and Gandalf. Shame no-one's buying them and the line is 'on-hold'. These are AMAZING figures.

I noticed that the regular is back for sale on SSC's site. :monkey2

Mine has very reddish eyes as well, but I'm not too bothered. IMHO, it's the best figure made by SST so far.

I wouldn't care so much if they were both red. The fact that one is and one isn't makes it look funny.

Gimli has joined the Medieval F'n Kurgan as yet another kickass figure that will never see the light of day :monkey2

Gimli has joined the Medieval F'n Kurgan as yet another kickass figure that will never see the light of day :monkey2

Unlike MFK, it's not just him though, he's just one of several kick ass figures that won't see the light of day in this line :monkey2

Is Saruman in The Hobbit?

I think he's mentioned... but no actual appearance that I can recall.

Damn, he's the most likely baddie we'd ever get, and he'd be a really good one too, old guys make for strong 1/6 portraits.

I would rather have a kick ass Sideshow Gimli more than any enemy, or the other 2 hobbits, its a travesty that he was not made.

They will not make 1/6th figs from the Hobbit!! :( F-ing SS!!!!!

They will not make 1/6th figs from the Hobbit!!

They might if they're interested and there are simple enough costume designs, but sales might be hurt by people passing in protest that LOTR wasn't carried out enough.

Unlike MFK, it's not just him though, he's just one of several kick ass figures that won't see the light of day in this line :monkey2

Is Saruman in The Hobbit?

I think he's mentioned... but no actual appearance that I can recall.

Damn, he's the most likely baddie we'd ever get, and he'd be a really good one too, old guys make for strong 1/6 portraits.

Since the happenings of The White Council (which occurred during the Hobbit but never actually seen) are going to be in the new movie - and Saruman is definitely part of that - I think it is likely assuming SS has the 1:6 rights for the Hobbit that we will see a 1:6 Saruman... thats if the line doesn't sell well and they never make it through producing all of Thorin's Company. :lol

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Though it would be cool if they made one certain dwarf.

Big-Dwarf.jpg

:lol

If SS couldn't finish the Fellowship, do people honestly think that we'll get Bilbo and the "12" dwarves?...

Kind of have to agree... it seems unlikely that if LOTR wasn't a seller that the Hobbit would generate enough interest to get figures. Hope I'm wrong, but I have a good feeling that the Sideshow line is off to the Grey Havens.

But, that's not to say someone like HT won't take up the reigns.

received my gandalf yesterday and just to echo what everyone else has already said...he is a flippin' amazing figure. would have looooooved to see them made saruman.

Back