Rate the Indy headsculpts!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Indy headsculpts!

• Sideshow PF, Sideshow 12", Medicom 12"

Votes: 67 72.8%
  • Sideshow PF, Medicom 12", Sideshow 12"

Votes: 17 18.5%
  • Sideshow 12", Sideshow PF, Medicom 12"

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Sideshow 12", Medicom 12", Sideshow PF

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Medicom 12", Sideshow PF, Sideshow 12"

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Medicom 12", Sideshow 12", Sideshow PF

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
Yeah there is no way the Medicom sculpt is even close to either SS. As far as the paint apps on the proto SS Indy they look fine. I don't see any issue with it at all. Paint could be too thick I guess. :lol

Oh, I think if the paint apps on the SS 1/6 proto were up to par with those of the PF people would be worshipping it (as they should... the sculpt is stellar). But there is indeed something "off" about those paint apps.

Oh, I think if the paint apps on the SS 1/6 proto were up to par with those of the PF people would be worshipping it (as they should... the sculpt is stellar). But there is indeed something "off" about those paint apps.

I think they are so I can't agree with your sentiments. :)

I think SDCC will be the test for the SSC proto paint on the 1/6 Indy, something does seem funky with them in the proto images, but could be the impact of the lighting too. In person con shots will show the paint apps for how they really are. Even Old Ben didn't look as life-like in official proto images as the proto shots from the cons.

IMO there's no competition for the SSC 12" Indy, it's just a beautiful sculpt. I do have to agree that the paintjob is really throwing off the likeness. I have a feeling it might have had something to do with them having to cut of the neck for the new body, with the new paintjob being a bit of a rushjob as the production blog shows an Indy head with neck being painted.

And the 1/4 Indy is pretty much perfect :p.

The area I could see messing with anything is his cheek/nose area the lines appear to be dark there. I'm gonna really have to look at these shots again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees it. I don't know what it is...

Actually looking at the SSF banner changes, something about the eyes on Indy look off. But I don't know, it just doesn't catch me as right as the PF and the Medicom do. The PF overall looks perfect and that one shot with the Medi-Indy holding the gun up has Ford all over it. Trevor's 12'' sculpt is a testament that the 12'' head is spot-on...but the paints are losing something in the translation.

Sideshow does use REALLY thick paint apps. I wonder what is their reason for it? Costs? Durability? Factory's choice? I wish they'd take a lesson from Hot Toys and actually MOLD the heads in the skintone they want, then apply light "touch-up" paints to flesh out the features while still retaining the details on the actual sculpt. Sideshow's paints actually cover up a lot of critical features of their head sculpts.

Gotta agree.

I still see dave attell when i look at the SS 12'.

:confused::confused::confused:

021408_indy_01.jpg

I wish they'd take a lesson from Hot Toys and actually MOLD the heads in the skintone they want, then apply light "touch-up" paints to flesh out the features while still retaining the details on the actual sculpt. Sideshow's paints actually cover up a lot of critical features of their head sculpts.

I hope they don't. Jack Sparrow is too dark (way too dark) and Swann isn't much better. Will looks like he could be better but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd rather them paint things on and go that route.

I hope they don't. Jack Sparrow is too dark (way too dark) and Swann isn't much better. Will looks like he could be better but I'm not going to hold my breath. I'd rather them paint things on and go that route.

Oh I wasn't speaking on HT head molding practices in terms of the color (of course some of them could be better)...but more so in the sense that whatever they do retains virtually ALL of the sculpt's detail beneath the what little paint they do apply on the heads.

However, it might be more expensive to mix vats of plastic a particular color and is cheaper to just slap some paint on a head. Costs can very well be involved.

PF--- 9.5 /10

SS 12'' --- without Sideshow's paint 9/10-------with Sideshow's paint 6.5/10

Medicom ---- 6/10

Back