RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Total Recall (1990) 8/10

I have forgotten how awesome this movie was! This has got to have some of the best imaginative make up ever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - 8.5/10

Spider-Man: Homecoming - 6/10
I liked it, but I was incredibly tired going into it because of my sleeping schedule being messed up. Gonna try a second viewing when I'm more awake. Overall I still prefer the Raimi trilogy, but that could be due to nostalgia.

Spider-man: Homecoming - 7/10
It was a good spider-man movie. The movie felt too lighthearted though. I never felt any tension or consequence. The action scenes although cool were lacking any sense of grittyness.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Spider-man: Homecoming - 7/10
It was a good spider-man movie. The movie felt too lighthearted though. I never felt any tension or consequence. The action scenes although cool were lacking any sense of grittyness.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

This term has lost all it's flavor.

The Great Wall: 7/10

Not bad at all! What really stood out were the gorgeous costumes and really inventive ways they defended the wall, with interesting mechanisms and weapons.

Commando - 7.75/10

I would give it a solid 8, it takes so long for all ****ing hell to break loose as Matrix states. The third act is strong. Although Vernon Wells as Bennett I love, I just wish he had someone similar physique as Arnold and I could take that knife fight at the end seriously :lol I really think Bennett was in love with Matrix.

Homecoming 6/10 Tom was pretty good as Teen Parker and the story was good.Took off 1 point because I was surprised that in most of the SM sequences the CGI was so terrible for such a big budget film.Too animated and didn't look real.Whereas Iron Man and Vulture were done fine.

The Thing (1982) - 10/10

The cast. The story. The structure. The music. The effects. The location. Just sheer perfection. Carpenter and Russell's best picture.

After all these years still tense and gross....

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Exactly it still holds up very well and I'll admit, I was pleasantly surprised at how the reboot was actually not a reboot. I thought it was clever how they tied the two movies together.

I was pleasantly surprised at how the reboot was actually not a reboot.
I thought it was clever how they tied the two movies together.
There was pretty much nothing clever about that movie. :lol
The teeth test was kinda clever but ultimately pointless.
The ONLY ONE cool and interesting thing it had was partially cut out and partially replaced with stupid crap due to test audience's dumbness.

giphy.gif

I think the only effect that somewhat takes me out of it is when Palmer's head sticks straight up out of the body and looks around the room. Other than that, I'm immersed the entire time.

I don't know if you guys know, but the famous kennel scene was done by Stan the Man Winston. Rob Bottin was buried in other effects and they asked Stan to help out.

Exactly it still holds up very well and I'll admit, I was pleasantly surprised at how the reboot was actually not a reboot. I thought it was clever how they tied the two movies together.

There was pretty much nothing clever about that movie. :lol
The teeth test was kinda clever but ultimately pointless.
The ONLY ONE cool and interesting thing it had was partially cut out and partially replaced with stupid crap due to test audience's dumbness.

While I didn't hate it like I thought I was going to... it was forgettable. I believe if they didn't flush all the practical effects that were done done, it would of been received much better.

The artists did a Q&A a few years back which I cannot find, but there's this.

They basically said that studios prefer CG because it's cheaper and it can always be changed with no issues.

Back