RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, although I was pleasantly surprise since I thought i was a crime drama.....

add 1/2 star if your a horror fan.....or subtract 1/2 a star if you have seen alot of horror films......in the end predictable.
Pretty much where I'm at, after thinking about it for a bit I stand at 6/10.

It's an ok movie, nothing new here, serviceable acting, some iffy characterization, but good pace and atmosphere.

I don't know if by expecting a crime thriller like you did, it would've been a better experience, I don't remember seeing any trailers or reading anything about it, I think I picked it up from a horror recommendation thread and put it directly on my backlog without doing any research, that's why I automatically expected a horror movie, and it developed exactly how I expected.

I think it made it better as soon as things began to get odd.......after I realized it was a horror flick, it became sort of predictable.....but nice cinematography and tone. Some pretty good use of NOT showing everything....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

War on Everyone. I thought was decent felt a little out of league for the actors but still worth a watch. I give a 6.

Star Wars: Rogue One - 8/10 This is the "Adult' Star Wars. I can see how kids would get bored by this one, very dialogue driven and not much humor for the kiddies. I really liked it but didn't love it. Might be because
Spoiler Spoiler:

Star Wars: Rogue One - 8/10 This is the "Adult' Star Wars. I can see how kids would get bored by this one, very dialogue driven and not much humor for the kiddies. I really liked it but didn't love it. Might be because
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep. Someone on the board spilled the beans for me too. It was the day of the official release for Pete's sake! And not in the R1 movie thread either which I was avoiding since the movie had been previewed for days at that point. UGH. And they thought they were being so cute with their little not-so-subtle innuendos.

Anyway,

Pete's Dragon: 6.5/10

Decent children's movie that feels mature in its storytelling. Has a nice sweet but serious tone to it. In that sense feels like a bit of a throwback to older children's movies.

Yep. Someone on the board spilled the beans for me too. It was the day of the official release for Pete's sake! And not in the R1 movie thread either which I was avoiding since the movie had been previewed for days at that point. UGH. And they thought they were being so cute with their little not-so-subtle innuendos.

Anyway,

Pete's Dragon: 6.5/10

Decent children's movie that feels mature in its storytelling. Has a nice sweet but serious tone to it. In that sense feels like a bit of a throwback to older children's movies.

People have no consideration for anyone else anymore and it drives me nuts. It's just common courteousy, it's not that hard.

HIDDEN FIGURES 7.5/10 a little too white washed for me.Otherwise I would have given it 9/10.

these are incredible Women,Katherine Johnson, Dorothy Vaughan and Mary Jackson brilliant Women working at NASA, who served as the brains behind one of the greatest operations in history.Taraji,Octavia and Janelle are excellent.

The Hunt for the Wildepeople: 8/10

This guy knows how to make funny, compelling movies. Very optimistic for Thor.
He's definitely not the reason to watch Arrested Development, sure he's good. But it's the rest of that cast that makes that show great. [emoji38]
But you need a straight man there, or the comedy wouldn't work nearly as well. And he's as good a straight man as you'll find nowadays.

Scream 4 - 7.5/10 In my rankings of the franchise is right behind the original. 1,4,2,3

Pirates of the Caribbean : Curse of the Black Pearl- 9/10 - The best in the series, iconic characters, and the best use of Jack Sparrow in a story.

Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest - 7/10 - The cliffhanger ending is my only real criticism. Other than that, it's a fun adventure film if you like the characters, but it's a bit too long. The villains are visually amazing still.

Pirates of the Caribbean : At World's End - 6/10 - Convoluted and overstuffed with subplots a pointless scenes, but it's visually great, the cast is great, and it has some great moments.

Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides - 4/10 - I used to like this one over AWE, because it had a less convoluted story, but it's so boring and the villain sucks. Also, Jack Sparrow looks like ****.

Scream 4 - 7.5/10 In my rankings of the franchise is right behind the original. 1,4,2,3

I never saw 4. Forgot it was made. I don't remember much about 3 except Carrie Fisher had a cameo as a Carrie Fisher lookalike :lol

Pirates of the Caribbean : Curse of the Black Pearl- 9/10 - The best in the series, iconic characters, and the best use of Jack Sparrow in a story.

Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Man's Chest - 7/10 - The cliffhanger ending is my only real criticism. Other than that, it's a fun adventure film if you like the characters, but it's a bit too long. The villains are visually amazing still.

Pirates of the Caribbean : At World's End - 6/10 - Convoluted and overstuffed with subplots a pointless scenes, but it's visually great, the cast is great, and it has some great moments.

Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides - 4/10 - I used to like this one over AWE, because it had a less convoluted story, but it's so boring and the villain sucks. Also, Jack Sparrow looks like ****.

'Too long' and 'overstuffed' applies to any of them that I saw. Honestly I put these alongside the Bayformers movies.

'Too long' and 'overstuffed' applies to any of them that I saw. Honestly I put these alongside the Bayformers movies.

You crazy, mang!!

Well, maybe the last two fall into the Bayformer territory...:lol

I think the characters, visuals, and score elevate the first two films far above the Bayformer films, imo.

I put these alongside the Bayformers movies.
MTZmAPI.gif

Back