RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that it passed the "ROTJ test" for you too Lu. :yess: It definitely is less "fun" than most other SW films which can be either good or bad depending on how you think SW should be. My daughter was put off by its tone as well and therefore couldn't appreciate it as much as the other ones.

I can't necessarily fault it for being less fun. I appreciate the more serious tone and the weighty-ness of the whole story. A big part of me likes that it takes everything seriously and that there weren't a barrage of infantile jokes or goofy humor. So I'm conflicted about missing the fun. I think once I see it again I'll probably be more at peace with it. I'm going through the RO spoilers thread now which is about 200 pages worth of posts for just about a week!

And not that I hate ROTJ or anything! :lol But I can't look past the obvious flaws in Jedi, most of which ironically are all because of the humor and kiddie nature of the movie!

Kubo and the Two Strings: 6/10

There's no denying the animation was phenomenal. I kept thinking, "this is supposed to be stop-motion, isn't it? This isn't CGI?!?!" Even the lighting was beautiful. The story was good, but I really had a little bit of a hard time staying interested. I was actually ready to give up on it in the beginning before he was found, which was a good 20-30 minutes in. Then I feel like the end climax and resolution was really rushed. Some very touching moments and I really cared about the characters.

Batman and Robin 3/10 - Enjoyable because of Arnold. Almost a so bad it's good, but mostly just a bad movie.

Hell or high water 8/10

Really good, one of those movies you don't know about and ends up being great

Passengers - 6.5/10

What's painful about this one is that there is a really amazing movie under here somewhere. It could have been a great story using a sci-fi backdrop to explore the concept of isolation and the desperation it eventually leads to. Instead typical Hollywood lazy storytelling prevailed and ruined what could have been some really powerful and touching moments. Especially in the final scene.

Last edited:
I got tired of seeing the trailers for Passengers, so that made me not want to see it.

IMO its still worth the time to see it. Especially if you don't mind one of those films where you are constantly re-writing it in your head as you watch it.

Passengers. Chris Pratt , Jennifer Lawernce. I thought was a fun ride it kinda felt like the Shining meets space without the murder's. I give a strong 7.

Kubo and the Two Strings: 6/10

There's no denying the animation was phenomenal. I kept thinking, "this is supposed to be stop-motion, isn't it? This isn't CGI?!?!" Even the lighting was beautiful. The story was good, but I really had a little bit of a hard time staying interested. I was actually ready to give up on it in the beginning before he was found, which was a good 20-30 minutes in. Then I feel like the end climax and resolution was really rushed. Some very touching moments and I really cared about the characters.

I have that problem with all of Laika's movies except Coraline. They're all beautifully made, but I fell asleep during Paranorman, Box Trolls and Kubo. They have storytelling issues - the pacing is just all wrong for me.

Back