RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's just it - it was fun & fast & quippy, but not much else.

I'd have to say though, that I'm not in a hurry to watch it again anytime soon.

Beverly Hills Cop (1984) - 7.75/10

I was very surprised how well this held up. I hadn't watched it in over 20 years and when I saw that Netflix added it this month I thought I'd watch the beginning because I remember a cool opening chase where a truck demolishes a bunch of cars. Ended up getting sucked in and watched the whole thing. Murphy was really funny back in the day and I found myself laughing out loud at lines that I had long forgotten.

It's been a long time since I saw an R-rated comedy that didn't have a single bodily function/genitalia joke.

I was very surprised how well this held up. I hadn't watched it in over 20 years and when I saw that Netflix added it this month I thought I'd watch the beginning because I remember a cool opening chase where a truck demolishes a bunch of cars. Ended up getting sucked in and watched the whole thing. Murphy was really funny back in the day and I found myself laughing out loud at lines that I had long forgotten.

It's been a long time since I saw an R-rated comedy that didn't have a single bodily function/genitalia joke.

You've got a Banana in your tailpipe?

You've got a Banana in your tailpipe?

It would have been so easy for them to run with that joke but instead it was played for laughs to show Axel's ingenuity and also so he could make fun of the way the black cop said it later. No way would any comedy in the last 15 years have gone that route.

Every time the phrase was uttered it was in direct reference to a literal banana in a literal tailpipe. Nothing more. :clap

It would have been so easy for them to run with that joke but instead it was played for laughs to show Axel's ingenuity and also so he could make fun of the way the black cop said it later. No way would any comedy in the last 15 years have gone that route.

Every time the phrase was uttered it was in direct reference to a literal banana in a literal tailpipe. Nothing more. :clap

30 years ago, who would have ever thought that movie would be considered restrained?

It's weird to think about my childhood as a Golden Age, but damnit the 80's were incredible when it came to comedies. Blues Brothers, Stripes, National Lampoon's Vacation, Beverly Hills Cop, Trading Places, Ghostbusters are all comedy gold. Hell, I'll take Goldie Hawn's movies over most of the comedies we have today.

Batman: the killing joke.

4/10 I think some comic media is just powerful because of the reader interpretations. I loved the animation and voice acting, but something was lost in the translation to film. Its no where near as powerful as the grapgic novel.

Made me add a new classification to my rating. PLEX worthy

This one is not....it does not get a spot on my servers....because I will not watch it again.

PLEX WORTHY: No

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This account has been hacked.

I've only seen it once, but the ending threw me for a loop, is it one of those movies where if you like it your shunned because it's inferior to the other version? I thought Brolin did pretty well and the story seemed tight. I just don't do subtitles very often but I might check it out.

Most likely.
Our first suspect is Alcohol.

bongin_zpsc5ed891d.gif

I've only seen it once, but the ending threw me for a loop, is it one of those movies where if you like it your shunned because it's inferior to the other version? I thought Brolin did pretty well and the story seemed tight. I just don't do subtitles very often but I might check it out.

bongin_zpsc5ed891d.gif

Not every remake is worse than the original, but in this case it's enormously inferior to the original. I only saw it for the first time a few years ago, and it's become one of my top films.

Back