RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Alien - 7/10

What a treat I had last night. Just got a high def TV and Direct TV to go with it. Never saw the extended version of Alien. And just as soon as the kids went to bed last night that movie popped up.

Seeing how many details I missed when I saw the movie in low-def was very cool. But then the added footage was an awesome plus. Seeing the Alien swinging on the chains just before it killed Brett was cool as was seeing the part where Ripley found and killed Dallas at the end.

I would not have been offended if they had gone in and changed the graphics for the destruction of the Nostromo. But no big deal.

Edit - I have to say...that movie benefitted more from going high-def than any other movie I have seen in both low and high def. And it was great before.

Funny you should say that, I just upgraded my Alien from DVD to Blu and watched the extended for the first time a few nights ago. Very cool. All of the new stuff is character based and not just stupid CGI crap. Ridley Scott > George Lucas.

Since you upgraded your TV to HD, another fantastic example of Director's cut with a light touch is Scott's own Bladerunner. The 5-disk bluray is essential stuff for any serious Blu collection. The Tyrell pyramid is jaw dropping in HD. It was like seeing the movie again for the first time. The 5 disk also has the "Denver/Dallas cut" and a disk with a sh-t ton of great extras.

Bladerunner Blu 5 disk is usually dirt cheap on Amazon: (yep. 28 bucks right now - [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Five-Disc-Complete-Collectors-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B000UBMWG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334607033&sr=8-1"]https://www.amazon.com/Five-Disc-Complete-Collectors-Edition-Blu-ray/dp/B000UBMWG4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334607033&sr=8-1[/ame] )

I also highly recommend Akira on Blu. Turn the sound up, best sound mix I've heard by far.

The new Star Trek looks pretty amazing too.

Se7en - 8/10 Great flick. Remember bits of it but never watched it all the way through. I'm of the opinion Morgan Freeman plays Morgan Freeman in everything he's in. But in Se7en he impressed me. And i've only seen him twice. In batman. Lol.

The other guys - "I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!" Brilliant! haha. 9-10

"Gator don't play no ____!"

But in Se7en he impressed me. And i've only seen him twice. In batman. Lol.
"

You've never seen Shawshank ?!. :horror:horror

Alien is awesome. I've only seen the extended version, we watched it in my film class a couple months ago. I refuse to watch the rest of them cause I know they won't be as cool. Prometheus, however looks pretty damn cool.

Your missing out big time if you skip Aliens.

Last edited:

Yup, I actually just recently saw the original Alien in order to gear up for Prometheus, but Aliens is a fantastic action movie, one of James Cameron's best.:rock

Se7en - 8/10 Great flick. Remember bits of it but never watched it all the way through. I'm of the opinion Morgan Freeman plays Morgan Freeman in everything he's in. But in Se7en he impressed me. And i've only seen him twice. In batman. Lol.

Unforgiven
Million Dollar Baby
The Shawshank Redemption (That's right, Roy, i put it third :pfft: :lol)
Driving Miss Daisy
Lean On Me

Go. Now.

Just got back from seeing The Cabin in the Woods. I freakin' loved it, definite 10/10 for me! This will be a day one Blu-ray purchase for sure!

Shawshank is one of the best films ever made. You really should watch it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Best film ever made :exactly: It's right up there with Godfather 1&2.

The Shawshank Redemption (That's right, Roy, i put it third :pfft: :

f6b190cf.jpg

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (U.S. version): 8/10

Outstanding film. Everything was good about it, and Lisbeth is an awesome character. The pacing was really first rate. Fincher only seems to make good movies, and I think this is one of his better ones.

Descendents - 9/10

I really loved this movie, kind of a dark comedy. Just thought it was done really well and the characters were very likable. It just had that very independent film feel as well. Very subtle for sure, your not sure weather to laugh or b e sad, lol.

Back