RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
s84jcOy.gif

Nolan... Yeah, bloodless "Berserk" would be an interesting experience. :D

It (2017) - 7.5/10

The Third Man - 8/10

Unacknowledged - 7/10

Lizzie Borden Took an Ax - 7/10

The Losers (1970) - 7.5/10

Werewolves on Wheels - 4/10

Roadhouse 66 - 5/10

Death Note (2017) - 6.5/7

The Humanoid (1979) - 5/10

Android (1982) - 6/10

Time Walker (1982) - 6/10

Sleepless - 7/10

Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 6.5/10

Not perfect, but I appreciate Carpenter going in a different direction as opposed to recycling the same old stuff like the rest of the Halloween sequels did. Dan O'Herlihy was cool as the villain. The musical score was great.

Except that Carpenter didn't really have much to do with it. Tommy Lee Wallace wrote and directed it. Sure, Carpenter was a Producer but...

I know it's not a movie... Marvel's X-Men: The Animated Series - 10/10

I've spent a lot of time in front of the television over the last week recovering from surgery, so I was able to binge-watch all the episodes of this childhood favorite. This series feel ever-relevant, and not just the same "powers = responsibilities" concept, but the example of *character* as the means of promoting tolerance/acceptance. Xavier's mutants, while having the ability to subject others to their will, do not force change, even when the extreme intolerance & aggression they face could make this desirable. The contrast with other, less-heroic characters is appropriate and often the "bad guys" are given a depth that allows the viewer to empathize with them because of their suffering at the hands of non-mutants. Good stuff & I was sad to see it end :(

Back