RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what they'll do with the supposed reboot, if there's a franchise that can make a legitimate use of reboots in an artistic way, it's the Matrix, since it's filled with Vedic influences.

And if it's the Wachowski's I'm sure they'll make good use of that, I just hope it's not as weak as Jupiter Ascending or that it doesn't taint the first 3.

I wonder what they'll do with the supposed reboot, if there's a franchise that can make a legitimate use of reboots in an artistic way, it's the Matrix, since it's filled with Vedic influences.

And if it's the Wachowski's I'm sure they'll make good use of that, I just hope it's not as weak as Jupiter Ascending or that it doesn't taint the first 3.

I'm not sure I trust the Wachowski's anymore, but at the same time they might be the only people I trust revisiting their material. If someone else takes over it might feel like fanfiction.

Still, I have no idea where they can take the story. I wouldn't mind a new trilogy with some new characters as long as the old cast returns in some way. Maybe they can do a new Aimatrix or some CGI/animated show on Netflix or something if they can't make a new film.

After watching the trilogy, I'd like some merchandise and figures from it even more so than a new film. Why isn't there any merchandise? No Neca figures or even those funko pop things. Nothing. :dunno

NOCTURNAL ANIMALS (2016)

29c00va.jpg

In his second film, Tom Ford (A Single Man) tells two enthralling stories: one that depicts the massive disconnect from reality in the real world and one that offers a grounded shelter in the fictional world. Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal lead both stories with great turns. These are master actors currently peaking (Adams will probably win Best Actress this year for Denis Villeneuve's Arrival) that deliver the goods in every scene - but its the absurdly magnetic Michael Shannon who steals the show as an anachronistic presence throughout the film. A performance that will most definitely earn him his second Best Supporting Actor Nomination (his first was for Sam Mendes' Revolutionary Road) and maybe first win. Shannon is on fire in this movie. Overall, Nocturnal Animals is a great sophomoric offering by Ford and further proof of what a fantastic auteur the man is.

9.5/10

I'm not sure I trust the Wachowski's anymore, but at the same time they might be the only people I trust revisiting their material. If someone else takes over it might feel like fanfiction.

Still, I have no idea where they can take the story. I wouldn't mind a new trilogy with some new characters as long as the old cast returns in some way. Maybe they can do a new Aimatrix or some CGI/animated show on Netflix or something if they can't make a new film.

After watching the trilogy, I'd like some merchandise and figures from it even more so than a new film. Why isn't there any merchandise? No Neca figures or even those funko pop things. Nothing. :dunno
Agree on all that, I also don't trust much on the Wachowkis but they're the only ones I want around Matrix, I think the Matrix could bring out the best in them.

I would prefer no new films but we know how it is, I have a slight idea where it could go, it could continue to dig humanity out of the hole it dug itself into, now that there is truce. Enemies and Protagonists could be the same, only reborn, at least Neo and Smith, since in the Vedas it explains every day the universe is created and in every night it is destroyed.

I knowww I want a Reloaded/Revolutions Neo so much. Also a Smith and a Mouse :lol because the old McFarlane ones are terrible.

Agree on all that, I also don't trust much on the Wachowkis but they're the only ones I want around Matrix, I think the Matrix could bring out the best in them.

I would prefer no new films but we know how it is, I have a slight idea where it could go, it could continue to dig humanity out of the hole it dug itself into, now that there is truce. Enemies and Protagonists could be the same, only reborn, at least Neo and Smith, since in the Vedas it explains every day the universe is created and in every night it is destroyed.

I knowww I want a Reloaded/Revolutions Neo so much. Also a Smith and a Mouse :lol because the old McFarlane ones are terrible.

Could you imagine if they got Will Smith to play the new Neo? :lol

I was a big fan of McFarlane back in 2003 and I was really into the Matrix and T3 figures. I remember getting the stair set. :lol I still have the T3 stuff and they look nice, but thank god Neca did those Ultimate figures. Unfortunately they don't seem interested in making Matrix figures, which is a shame but trilogy is not old enough for them yet and there isn't enough nostalgia for it yet.

edit*

Funko made Matrix pop figures :lol

Could you imagine if they got Will Smith to play the new Neo? :lol

I was a big fan of McFarlane back in 2003 and I was really into the Matrix and T3 figures. I remember getting the stair set. :lol I still have the T3 stuff and they look nice, but thank god Neca did those Ultimate figures. Unfortunately they don't seem interested in making Matrix figures, which is a shame but trilogy is not old enough for them yet and there isn't enough nostalgia for it yet.

edit*

Funko made Matrix pop figures :lol
I'm so glad they didn't get Smith, I like Smith but Keanu was so well cast.

There are some MF figures that still blow me away, but most movie human figures have weird faces.

Moana - 9/10

Wow! Disney has such an amazing track record, and this is one of their stronger films. Achingly beautiful, fully realized characters, funny, entertaining and powerful story with very good music. Really paid tribute to the Polynesiam people it depicted.

I don't know if it will catch on like Frozen, but it deserves to.

This is a must buy.

The Thing ---------------- 10/10
Christine ---------------- 7,5/10
Prince of Darkness -------- 8/10
In the Mouth of Madness - 9/10

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - 8/10
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - 4/10
The Final Terror - 4/10
The Living Daylights - 7/10

I've always wondered this too. You know it's bound to happen. Let's just hope they stay in the Matrix for most of the trilogy, as it's the goofy sci-fi elements that really brought 2 and 3 down from "decent" to "WTF did I just watch".

Gimme a reboot in vain of the first Matrix, and keep the franchise in that space, I'll be happy.

Moana - 9/10

Wow! Disney has such an amazing track record, and this is one of their stronger films. Achingly beautiful, fully realized characters, funny, entertaining and powerful story with very good music. Really paid tribute to the Polynesiam people it depicted.

I don't know if it will catch on like Frozen, but it deserves to.

This is a must buy.

Good to hear. I'll be watching this one too.

Let's just hope they stay in the Matrix for most of the trilogy, as it's the goofy sci-fi elements that really brought 2 and 3 down from "decent" to "WTF did I just watch".
What prince said.
It pains me how the Matrix sequels are so underrated and misunderstood, people got distracted with hurrr muh Goku fights and muh robots!!! and the completely missed all the wisdom and mind**** the sequels have to offer. Suffice to say that most people have no idea what the sequels talk about :lol

I think the first one is probably the best made one since it's small and contained, plus less CGI, but 2 and 3 are where the meat and potatoes really are imo.

What prince said.

It pains me how the Matrix sequels are so underrated and misunderstood, people got distracted with hurrr muh Goku fights and muh robots!!! and the completely missed all the wisdom and mind**** the sequels have to offer. Suffice to say that most people have no idea what the sequels talk about :lol

I think the first one is probably the best made one since it's small and contained, plus less CGI, but 2 and 3 are where the meat and potatoes really are imo.

The first film has a lot of little details, references, and symbols that get lost because of all the style and special effects. I think people just like the idea of a dream world (in more ways than one :lol), the cool fights and effects...which are nice, but the sequels are necessary, imo. After watching all three films back to back, the first feels incomplete without the sequels, imo. I can't say that about most trilogies.

IT: 6/10

With Pierce Brosnan about an IT guy at Brosnan’s company who becomes obsessed with him and his family and then hacks all his smart home and car stuff and messes with his business deals. Okay thriller. Has a nice moody tone to it.

Back