RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's clear in BvS that Wayne Employees may not evacuate until Bruce confirms the catastrophe in person and gives the order.

Is that right? I don't remember but it doesn't make sense either because it seems like all the other floors were evacuated--Supes and Zod were fighting on an empty floor. And the whole building was Wayne Enterprises so it's not like it was another company who let their employees leave before everyone else. Besides, the whole city should have hot footed out of all those buildings as soon as the terraformer started up in the middle of the city. If the president of my company says, "you can't leave til I get there to see if the danger warrants everyone leaving early", I say, "screw you! There's a freaking alien invasion going on! I'm going home!"

My biggest problem with the movie when I first saw it was all the destruction. Now having seen BvS, it now makes sense to me and I really really like both movies (extended in the case of BvS)

Watching it again it does feel like the destruction that Supes and Zod cause is all gratuitous. It really does come across like Snyder just thought having Supes and Zod skim across the building surfaces and getting punched through building after building LOOKED cool, so let's do as much of that as possible. It got repetitive and felt unnecessary.

That said, I did enjoy it and like I mentioned before, it didn't feel as endless as it did the first time I watched it. I really did enjoy BvS and felt it had overall less problems than MOS, and that made me want to watch and re-examine MOS again. I enjoyed both and I may end up picking up the pair on blu ray.

Right. After they broke through the first two structures we pretty much got the point. But it was still fun to watch nevertheless.
Now I want to listen to the MOS soundtrack. :)

Is that right? I don't remember but it doesn't make sense either because it seems like all the other floors were evacuated--Supes and Zod were fighting on an empty floor. And the whole building was Wayne Enterprises so it's not like it was another company who let their employees leave before everyone else. Besides, the whole city should have hot footed out of all those buildings as soon as the terraformer started up in the middle of the city. If the president of my company says, "you can't leave til I get there to see if the danger warrants everyone leaving early", I say, "screw you! There's a freaking alien invasion going on! I'm going home!"

Watching it again it does feel like the destruction that Supes and Zod cause is all gratuitous. It really does come across like Snyder just thought having Supes and Zod skim across the building surfaces and getting punched through building after building LOOKED cool, so let's do as much of that as possible. It got repetitive and felt unnecessary.

That said, I did enjoy it and like I mentioned before, it didn't feel as endless as it did the first time I watched it. I really did enjoy BvS and felt it had overall less problems than MOS, and that made me want to watch and re-examine MOS again. I enjoyed both and I may end up picking up the pair on blu ray.

Future proof yourself and pickup the UHD's. The picture quality and ATMOS tracks on both movies are exceptional.

Future proof yourself and pickup the UHD's. The picture quality and ATMOS tracks on both movies are exceptional.
I hoping that when I'm ready to make the jump to UHD that ATMOS and DTS:X preamps/receivers are cheaper. The 4K HDTVs are already significantly less.

I hoping that when I'm ready to make the jump to UHD that ATMOS and DTS:X preamps/receivers are cheaper. The 4K HDTVs are already significantly less.

They are already cheaper than they were last year. Some aren't that expensive anymore.

Since sets are already coming out (though for an exorbitant price) that are 3D with HDR I'll just wait for those to get affordable before upgrading. I really want to be able to watch TFA and CA:CW in 3D HDR the way they were shown in theaters.

Since sets are already coming out (though for an exorbitant price) that are 3D with HDR I'll just wait for those to get affordable before upgrading. I really want to be able to watch TFA and CA:CW in 3D HDR the way they were shown in theaters.

Not sure you'll ever get 3D HDR. HDR right now is just implemented with 4K UHD and 3D isn't a standard of UHD.

Not sure you'll ever get 3D HDR.

Maybe not. And even if such a set was produced I'd still have to wait for Disney to actually release TFA and CW on a 3D HDR disc anyway. But I do at least want both options, even if the 3D is 1080p and HDR is only 2D. Then I could still watch 3D TFA blu-ray and 4K UHD The Shallows on the same set. So I'll be wait until those $20,000 TV's become affordable, which will probably only be a year or two.

Maybe not. And even if such a set was produced I'd still have to wait for Disney to actually release TFA and CW on a 3D HDR disc anyway. But I do at least want both options, even if the 3D is 1080p and HDR is only 2D. Then I could still watch 3D TFA blu-ray and 4K UHD The Shallows on the same set. So I'll be wait until those $20,000 TV's become affordable, which will probably only be a year or two.

Thankfully my JVC RS400 projector does both and I love it.

Star Trek Beyond Salvage - 5/10

Tempted to go lower with that score. Three films into the reboot I think I can safely say that this....this isn't Star Trek. It just isn't.

Star Trek Beyond Salvage - 5/10

Tempted to go lower with that score. Three films into the reboot I think I can safely say that this....this isn't Star Trek. It just isn't.

I've been watching the OS on 'Flix and it's been some great stuff. Just finished The Doomsday Device. Great episode. Kirk demanding control of his ship. Spock and his logic. Bones being Bones. Nu-Kirk and Nu-Spock pale in comparison.

I really liked the first two new Star Treks, but I'm by no means an OG trek fan, in-fact besides the occasional episode I've caught, I think they're really the only thing with Trek I've sat down and watched.

So is Beyond a bad movie or a bad Trek movie?

Hard for me to say. I go into these things wanting a Star Trek film and they seem designed to piss me off at every opportunity :lol All flash and quips, very little substance. I didn't care about anything that was going on, and that was if I could see what was going on because this film favours the 'flurry of quick shots and close-ups' method of shooting action.

that makes sense, especially if you're a fan.

I'll have to get my answer somewhere else. :lol

did JJ have any input at all for Beyond?

I really liked the first two new Star Treks, but I'm by no means an OG trek fan, in-fact besides the occasional episode I've caught, I think they're really the only thing with Trek I've sat down and watched.

So is Beyond a bad movie or a bad Trek movie?

It depends on the person. I like the original series and love TNG. I've seen every Star Trek movie except Nemesis and I like this version of the crew but I don't think the sequels have lived up to the 2009 reboot. Beyond isn't a bad movie at all and you'll have fun with it if you're not looking for the next Wrath of Khan.

THE INFILTRAITOR. BRYAN CRANSTON go's undercover in this one ,very fast n cool give a strong 8.

Supeman 1 n 2 never get old to me always a fast fun flight with Chris no score needed.

Back