RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - 7/10

Like TDKR I think this film gets a bum rap. No it isn't great but it does have great action and visual effects, great characters, and Spader hamming it up in very entertaining fashion. The Korea truck chase is basically Russo-esque and the one-two punch of the Sokovia action finale coupled with Ultron and Vision in the woods, really good stuff.

The running "language" joke falls flat after multiple viewings but the running gag with the hammer and humor at the party still works. The music was even quite good which is never a given in a Marvel flick. ;)

I'd actually forgotten that War Machine was part of the "New Avengers" at the end. Interesting that he and Vision were both absent from Lagos, I'm assuming due to their inability to "blend in" per se.

I really feel AOU is not necessary at all. I was watching TWS last night on tv again, and the film ends with Cap going after Bucky and CAP3 literally continues that story perfectly without having to watch AOU. To me AOU, is almost like a self contained story or comic or like one of those X FILES monster of the week episodes that deviates from the main storyline.

I agree that AoU isn't necessary other than giving backstory on Vision and Scarlet Witch. Otherwise CW more or less follows TWS and the "Sokovia Accords" could have just been named after any number of destructive events. But still it serves as a fun filler movie if you want to call it that.

AOU is a good flick. Aside from the interesting idea of superheroes doing as much damage as good it also has the balls to cast Tony as, essentially, the villain. Which leads very naturally to his stance in CW.

:lol

Gratuitous nudity was always welcome. :lol

Though honestly, we had cable, and I was a master at manipulating the cable box in such a way as to get the "forbidden" channels. So, while always nice to see, it was nothing new.

We had one of those VCR's that you could "tune" to get better reception and the scrambling technology was a joke back then. All they did was add background noise to the signal and I'd tune it out to record the scrambled channels.:yess:

AOU is a good flick. Aside from the interesting idea of superheroes doing as much damage as good it also has the balls to cast Tony as, essentially, the villain. Which leads very naturally to his stance in CW.

Yeah. One thing I noticed in AoU is how inconsistent Quicksilver's speed is. The guy can run across a room, grab a gun out of someone's hand, remove the clip and carefully, expertly, deliberately remove every round from the magazine and stand them up in a perfect little row on the table and then go back across the room in the blink of an eye? ****, that's WAY faster than the X-Men QS. :lol I now rule his death an obvious suicide.

Zombie 5-10

(here's that Italian flick with boobs n blood).

It no Dawn of the Dead.....lots of scenes clearly added because they figured "Hey lets get a zombie to fight a shark... or lets shot what happens when a zombie it hit with a shovel"

That eye VS Splinter scene though.......

Its a good background flick.....

PLEXWORTHY= NEGATIVE

Rewatching some recent Marvel fims:

Avengers Age of Ultron 7.5/10 Forgot how good this movie was. Only saw it once in the theater and liked it but felt no rush to see it again. Glad I did. Enjoyed it a lot more the second time without all the hype surrounding its release.

Captain America Civil War 8/10 What a fun ride with great characters and and a good plot. Marvel has found the magic to making these types of films that I can enjoy on a character-building level as much as I enjoy the humor and the action.

Yeah. One thing I noticed in AoU is how inconsistent Quicksilver's speed is. The guy can run across a room, grab a gun out of someone's hand, remove the clip and carefully, expertly, deliberately remove every round from the magazine and stand them up in a perfect little row on the table and then go back across the room in the blink of an eye? ****, that's WAY faster than the X-Men QS. :lol I now rule his death an obvious suicide.

BUT...lol...I also liked how they showed his speed to be taxing. He's shown out of breath and exhausted after big moves in AOU. A quick move across Gollum's office is nothing a piece of candy can't replenish but moving people to safety in front of....the heavy thing I can't remember...takes the wind out of him.

I'm not arguing charisma - that Horror Story kid almost saves X-Men Badpurplelips (how'd I do, Riddick?). But I liked seeing the exertion take a toll.

2016 Magnificent Seven 5/10 and only because of Denzel who is always good and Ethan Hawk who was good in this.Same ol' question,why do a remake if you can't do it better than the original.Some of the cleanest Cowboys,Indian and Girl you will ever see in the dusty dirty old west.

Back