RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Apart from my stated appreciation for Event Horizon (which I actually saw in the theaters--I believe I was the only one there who seemed pleased with the movie as I left :lol ), every once in a while I just like it when movies appear one way, and completely switch gears into another, wacky direction. From Dusk Til Dawn and Psycho are two others that come to mind. The only issue I might have with Sunshine is that it seemed so derivative, which is surprising since the quality of the production and the thought put into the movie overall was clearly heads and shoulders above Horizon.

Ah yes, 'From Dusk Till Dawn' a film that felt like two completely, unfinished films. I don't necessarily mind a switch in a stories direction, but when it's so different it becomes jarring. 'From Duck Till Dawn' had an interesting story about a family and their unfortunate path crossing with some 'bad guys', then it switched half way through to a Vampire story. :lol:lol And of course the Vampire storyline was far cheesier then the beginning of the film. It was like watching two completely different stories with the same characters thrown into both. I found it weird.

'Psycho' (original) didn't come across jarring in its story direction like 'From Duck Till Dawn' and 'Sunshine'.

Psycho would probably seem more jarring if you didn't already know what the movie is about when you first see it (of course, the same could probably be said for "From Dusk"). If you just watch the movie without any preconceptions, there isn't much to let you think that the movie will shift from a woman escaping the law to a story of a psychopathic cross-dresser who uses his mother's corpse as a ventriloquist dummy.

I have grown to appreciate "From Dusk" more and more as time has worn on. I didn't like it much when it first came out.

That's the thing. Sunshine wasn't a cheese-fest, then turned into one towards the end. I was let down by the whole crazed murder path it went down. At least Event Horizon was consistent throughout the whole movie.

The slasher bit did change it a bit, but was still handled well. The ending was well done.

Psycho would probably seem more jarring if you didn't already know what the movie is about when you first see it (of course, the same could probably be said for "From Dusk"). If you just watch the movie without any preconceptions, there isn't much to let you think that the movie will shift from a woman escaping the law to a story of a psychopathic cross-dresser who uses his mother's corpse as a ventriloquist dummy.

I have grown to appreciate "From Dusk" more and more as time has worn on. I didn't like it much when it first came out.

But when I did watch 'Psycho' the first time I didn't know the storyline direction, and I don't recall thinking the story direction was suddenly jarring. *shrugs*

Yes Man. 7/10 YES! It didnt suck. As a big Jim Carry fan, i'm pleased.

No that movie did. Hardcore.

I thought it was pretty dumb too. :lol

I also just watched The Strangers and that was lame as well. I usually don't turn a movie off but I couldn't wait until the end so off it went. :rotfl

in-bruges.jpg

GREAT film, give it a 9/10

A buddy of mine ranted and raved about how great In Bruges was, and convinced me to see it. I thought it was a solid movie, but nothing spectacular. I would give it 7/10, same score I give to Wanted.

Did the world finally tire of Colin Farrell? For a while there the dude was in everything.

I did like him in Miami Vice though.

Hellboy II- 8/10 still as kickass as ever :rock

Watched it again last night. Sorry, just love this flick and it's one of the best looking BR's ever. 10/10 :rock

About In Bruges, I ^^^^ing hate Colin Farrel with a passion but he was great in this movie (he plays a prick and I wonder if he was even acting). Great movie, a solid 9/10

Back