RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I get that everyone is a critic nowadays and everyone has the right to express their opinion, we all do on this thread, but tonight I saw something that really bothered me. I went to Rotten Tomatoes and saw that Terminator 2 (my favorite film) drooped 6%. It went from having a 98% critics approval to a 92%.

What's interesting is that the negative reviews are from this year or last year, which means that there all these ****** new "critics" judging older films that they probably liked 24 years ago :lol Here's the guy's review where he not only calls the film foolish but he also insults the original film...but for some reason he didn't give that one a negative review :lol Man, some people should not review films...

Oh and I give T2 10/10...saw it tonight :lol

https://www.csmonitor.com/1991/0705/05101.html

Noah: 6/10

Captain America TWS: 7.5/10 Need to watch this again. I liked the content, but didn't love all of the direction. The slow-motion stuff at the end seemed way overdone for me. Felt like I was watching a tragic scene between 2 embattled lovers.

Nothing Left to Fear: 4.5/10 Oddly enough I kind of enjoyed it.

:lol
Gnomes_plan.png

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

That's all very funny, but I have a system, and after I saw ASM2, I said, "**** my system, this film is a piece of ****! :lol But even a piece of **** can have some good things. I liked Electro's powers and how he used them. I thought Spiderman's personality and costume were better than ever, and Dane Dehan >>>> James Franco, sorry.

Oh...and the film would get a 4.8 if Gwen Stacy had bewbs like these :naughty

:rotfl :rotfl

Yea, for a bad film it had a lot of great stuff in there.

I was waiting to put my scores for movies after I saw them on Blu Ray/DVD, but I can always change my score later on. I'm sure they'll change later on, because I have a difficult time being in theaters.

Winter Soldier- 6/10 I loved the first half, but got bored by the plot and series of fights. I wish they would have released everyone's search history on Google or something, and caused mass chaos that way, instead of being extremely safe. I'm sure everyone's parents have brought up how the modern world is so loose with their personal information in far greater detail than this movie. I also want to know these characters limits, because I felt like I was watching a video game, with the characters not having that much weight to their blows. Once Abed showed up, I was completely done with the movie. No offense to that actor, but I can't stand that character he plays, and he's all I could think of while watching the rest of the movie. Captain America is my second favorite superhero, and I am so happy with how Chris Evans is portraying him. Heck everyone's portrayal was good in the movie. Marvel has a really good casting director. My favorite scene of the movie was when Steve visited Peggy.

Grand Budapest Hotel- 8/10 I'm not sure how I rank this one among Wes Anderson's other movies, but it was a lot of fun. I'm going to check this out a few more times.

X-Men Days of Future Past 8/10- I'm glad that this movie provided roles for the actors, so they were able to deliver great performances. The "Where were you, Charles?" scene is one of the greatest comic book movie scenes yet. I don't know about Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique though. I felt like I was watching the actress more than the character, but she was still fine. Like many, I was pleasantly surprised by Quicksilver. He was fantastic, and I was really sad that we got to spend so little time with him. Thankfully he was well utilized, which has been a big criticism of mine of the previous X-Men movies. That actually hurt the movie for me, since I didn't care about the characters dying in the future. It was like when Cyclops died in the third movie. Why did fans get upset? He wasn't even a character. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Apocalypse so we can take a break from the mutant discrimination pity party!

New movies I watched:

Once Were Warriors- 10/10 Incredible performances. This movie was really tough to get through, but I was so invested in this family that I needed closure. I was originally going to give this a 9/10, but saw that I gave A Streetcar Named Desire a 9/10, and I believe this was better. The character Jake Heke was really reminiscent of that Brando's character, so that's why I'm comparing them.

Avatar- 4/10 I don't understand why this movie has gotten so many great reviews. I never watched it because my friends called it a "pass" when they watched in the theater. So derivative.

Gwen Stacy's bewbs popping out of her shirt right before she dies.

I was waiting to put my scores for movies after I saw them on Blu Ray/DVD, but I can always change my score later on. I'm sure they'll change later on, because I have a difficult time being in theaters.

Winter Soldier- 6/10 I loved the first half, but got bored by the plot and series of fights. I wish they would have released everyone's search history on Google or something, and caused mass chaos that way, instead of being extremely safe. I'm sure everyone's parents have brought up how the modern world is so loose with their personal information in far greater detail than this movie. I also want to know these characters limits, because I felt like I was watching a video game, with the characters not having that much weight to their blows. Once Abed showed up, I was completely done with the movie. No offense to that actor, but I can't stand that character he plays, and he's all I could think of while watching the rest of the movie. Captain America is my second favorite superhero, and I am so happy with how Chris Evans is portraying him. Heck everyone's portrayal was good in the movie. Marvel has a really good casting director. My favorite scene of the movie was when Steve visited Peggy.

Grand Budapest Hotel- 8/10 I'm not sure how I rank this one among Wes Anderson's other movies, but it was a lot of fun. I'm going to check this out a few more times.

X-Men Days of Future Past 8/10- I'm glad that this movie provided roles for the actors, so they were able to deliver great performances. The "Where were you, Charles?" scene is one of the greatest comic book movie scenes yet. I don't know about Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique though. I felt like I was watching the actress more than the character, but she was still fine. Like many, I was pleasantly surprised by Quicksilver. He was fantastic, and I was really sad that we got to spend so little time with him. Thankfully he was well utilized, which has been a big criticism of mine of the previous X-Men movies. That actually hurt the movie for me, since I didn't care about the characters dying in the future. It was like when Cyclops died in the third movie. Why did fans get upset? He wasn't even a character. Anyways, I'm really looking forward to Apocalypse so we can take a break from the mutant discrimination pity party!

New movies I watched:

Once Were Warriors- 10/10 Incredible performances. This movie was really tough to get through, but I was so invested in this family that I needed closure. I was originally going to give this a 9/10, but saw that I gave A Streetcar Named Desire a 9/10, and I believe this was better. The character Jake Heke was really reminiscent of that Brando's character, so that's why I'm comparing them.

Avatar- 4/10 I don't understand why this movie has gotten so many great reviews. I never watched it because my friends called it a "pass" when they watched in the theater. So derivative.

100% agree with you on everything you said, especially the Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique part.

I’m glad you enjoyed the movie Bane!

pturtle said:
100% agree with you on everything you said, especially the Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique part.

I’m glad you enjoyed the movie Bane!

Well thanks for getting me hyped to see the movie. If it wasn't for your passion on the DoFP thread, I wouldn't have watched it! Now I'm on board and excited for Apocalypse!

How is Dane Dehan as Emo-Parker as Harry >>>> James Franco's Harry?

It's my opinion. :) I liked James Franco as Harry, but I'm judging Dane Dehan's first appearance as Harry on film and James Franco's character in the first Spiderman movie, not the trilogy. As a character, Franco's version has the advantage of being in 3 films, but if you judge him as a character solely on his role in the first film, Dehan, imo, was more interesting, he played a more significant role, and I think his acting was better than Franco in SM1.

The Sam Raimi films are better. There's no question that ASM2 rushed the green goblin character and even Harry's relationship with Peter Parker, but as bad as it was, I thought Gardfield and Dehan's chemistry was good. I also think they are both better actors (in this film) and have a better understanding of the characters than Tobey and Franco did in the original film.

I don't think Dehan was Emo at all...he was dying. What was Franco's excuse? :lol

Back