RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the creepiest movie monsters I've seen.

I did enjoy this one as well, although I would give it something like a 7 or 7.5/10.

If you haven't already seen it, I recommend "The Conjuring". In my opinion, it's among the best horror movies to come out in a very long time.

Godzilla 1998 - 4/10

For a film that relied entirely on its effects, I could only rate this one lower and lower as the years go by. Was amazed at how dated the CG is.

Shoulda watched Lethal Weapon like I was going to.

Godzilla 1998 - 4/10

For a film that relied entirely on its effects, I could only rate this one lower and lower as the years go by. Was amazed at how dated the CG is.

Shoulda watched Lethal Weapon like I was going to.

Well, after watching Godzilla 98, you might be able to appreciate the new Godzilla more when you see it.

I did enjoy this one as well, although I would give it something like a 7 or 7.5/10.

If you haven't already seen it, I recommend "The Conjuring". In my opinion, it's among the best horror movies to come out in a very long time.

Yeah I've seen it, loved it, and waiting for the prequel about the doll.

Well, after watching Godzilla 98, you might be able to appreciate the new Godzilla more when you see it.

That's a great idea, it will increase the wow factor, I'm gonna do that :lol

I don't think many people use this thread as a place to objectively review films. Rather just to express in a number their level of enjoyment of a film. I'm sure I gave 10s to Predator and Aliens last year. Are they objectively perfect films? I don't care, they're 10s to me. Why would I go with a 7, 8 or 9 for a film that I love? Just because? I wouldn't even know what I'd be docking the marks for.

Not just that but people have different systems for personal ratings

Robocop (2104)

I'm a hardcore fan of the original. Hated and despised the idea of the remake and felt insulted with the design of the suit. Watched the movie with low expectations and after half and hour or so quickly realized that it's doing it's own thing rather than trying to outdo or erase the original. So all in all, I can't believe I'm saying this, it's a GOOD movie.

7/10.

What? They rebooted it AGAIN in 2104 and sent it back in time? 90 years later and I bet its still not a patch on the original. What certificate was this, a 'U'?

I may love a movie, flaws and all, but that doesnt mean I really think that movie is a 10. To me, the purpose of rating/reviewing a film isnt so much to scream my love from the mountaintop, it's to help others decide if a movie is worth their time and money. Seeing so many 9's and 10's makes it hard to take this thread seriously.

I may love a movie, flaws and all, but that doesnt mean I really think that movie is a 10. To me, the purpose of rating/reviewing a film isnt so much to scream my love from the mountaintop, it's to help others decide if a movie is worth their time and money. Seeing so many 9's and 10's makes it hard to take this thread seriously.

But that's how society works. Broken to begin with :)

I had to google - never heard of it before, maybe I should give it a watch.

Not really a horror fan, but it seems more classic scare than cheap gore rubbish.

It's actually not a tired story, you know how horror movies often use an exhausted trope filled story as an excuse for the jump scares? Well this isn't really super tired :lol and it's actually a bit heart touching, it's not devoid of jump scares, but none of them are cheap jump scares like in the Quiet ones or paranormal activity, it's worth a watch.

Personally I love it.

Perfection is relative, depending on what you're looking for and what you expect out of something it may or it may not be perfect, hence, rather than looking at the number someone gives to certain movie, you oughta look at who's posting it.

There are people here who I often agree with and other who I often don't agree with, that's how I know how accurate their scores are for me.

Besides, I doubt anybody here is a an actual scholar to provide a review not only of the artistic aspects but of the technical aspects as well.

It's actually not a tired story, you know how horror movies often use an exhausted trope filled story as an excuse for the jump scares? Well this isn't really super tired :lol and it's actually a bit heart touching, it's not devoid of jump scares, but none of them are cheap jump scares like in the Quiet ones or paranormal activity, it's worth a watch.

Personally I love it.
I own a handful of good classics; American Werewolf In London, The Fly, A Nightmare On Elm street, Halloween, The Thing - etc, but I have a low tolerance for artless schlock. As far as the new era films - I haven't seen much. Del Torro's stuff is great, as are other some European ones, but I can't stomach any of those macabre Japanese ones - **** that. :horror :lol

Wild Things - 7.5/10

Quite good, really like how everything weaves together and everyone thinks they're gonna walk away rich but end up screwed with Neve Campbells revenge/lawsuit scam.

Maybe they just enjoy most movies.

Back