RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13 Assassins - 10/10

I rarely give perfect scores to anything, but this movie ranks as one of the most well-scripted, action-packed Samurai films I've ever seen (and I've seen practically all of "Samurai Cinema").

It's an amazing, visceral tale of a group of Samurai who put everything on the line to kill the Shogun's brother - who is one of the craziest, most sadistic villains I've ever seen in a Japanese movie.

Fantastic film.

The only scene that I thought Miike took a bit too far was when you meet the women who had her family killed. When they showed a closeup of her and what they did to her, it seemed a bit unnecessary and gratuitous. I got the severity of the situation without needing that extra few seconds of disgustingness (new word). But I know Miike can't do a movie without making people squirm in their seats... :)

The Tower ( Kr ) - 8/10

Started off fun and corny and ending up extremely entertaining, action packed and even quite touching towards the end.

My favorite fire fighter film I think.

New World ( Kr ) - 9/10

Brilliant gangster flick with some ridiculously tense scenes.

13 Assassins - 10/10

I rarely give perfect scores to anything, but this movie ranks as one of the most well-scripted, action-packed Samurai films I've ever seen (and I've seen practically all of "Samurai Cinema").

It's an amazing, visceral tale of a group of Samurai who put everything on the line to kill the Shogun's brother - who is one of the craziest, most sadistic villains I've ever seen in a Japanese movie.

13 Assassins is one of the best samurai films of all time.

It has a couple of moments but ultimately disappointing. It feels like they had a good idea and then just got bored and half a$$ed it .

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Glad to know I helped :) . Let me know your views when you see it.

Will do :lecture

Agreed mate. :duff

Great all round film, & when I first saw it back in 1995 or whatever, I knew Natalie was going to be a superstar.

:duff

Indeed, it's the result of Besson having fun with his own screenplay, he's got a mesmerizing style in this, also love The 5th Element.

The Wolverine - 6/10

**** you FOX

2qwza7m.gif

Back