RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Monsters University: 6.5/10
Sadly I've been less than thrilled with the last now 3 Pixar movies. I'm afraid "mediocre" is now the norm for them. :(

Sadly I've been less than thrilled with the last now 3 Pixar movies. I'm afraid "mediocre" is now the norm for them. :(

I hear this all the time. Disney / Pixar's greatness was in a time where there were few companies making CG feature films. movies. It was a new medium to tell stories. I will make the relationship with "American Idol". The first handful of seasons was fresh and new and enjoyable to watch. Then we were introduced to so many other "singing competitions" when the flavour of this new medium was becoming the norm and no longer a "event".

The best PIXAR movies are their first five: Toy Story 1&2, Bugs Life, Nemo and Monsters INC. (Finding Nemo being my all time favourite). Everything after was just another CG movie with the name of the first five movies behind it.

gotta disagree. 2 of their best because they stepped out of the typical cookie cutter story lines were also Wall-E & UP ... :monkey1....

I honestly feel that they were running on all cylinders right up to Toy Story 3, with the only exception being the first Cars. The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up? All A++. It took an enormous nosedive with Cars 2, and Brave was just not up to full Pixar standards. I could have believed it was a Dreamworks movie.

I thought the visuals of Brave were well done. I think the story was aimed at a mother's bond which may have alienated some. I know it made it hard for me at first. But I think the art is great.

Cars 2 was crap. Planes ???? WTF. I have not even seen Monsters U.

I am hoping that Frozen is not like that. It looks fun and has a holiday feel to it even if not a holiday film.

The visuals have always been superior. But what I think truly set Pixar apart was their stories and storytelling, and that's where I think the last 3 movies have suffered. Brave was fine. Like I said, I wouldn't have surprised me if it was a Dreamworks movie. But Brave just wasn't up to their previous storytelling standards. And Monsters U was also…fine. Nothing bad to say about it, really. But nothing great to say about it either.

Planes, while it's a spinoff of Cars, is technically a "DisneyToon Studios" movie, so we can kinda sweep it under the rug.

But I did enjoy Tangled and thought it was a step up from their normal features. So maybe Frozen won't be so bad.

I am looking forward to Pixar's next, which is Inside Out.

The Wolverine

BORRRRRRRRRIIIIIIINNNNGGG.

5/10

I think Wolverine as a character is best suited in a team environment, and not stand alone movies.

The Hobbit - 4/10

I've never seen a movie run the spectrum of being so boring to so completely and totally over the top and nonsensical. It's like they made the first half for adults and the second soley for kids under 10. Beautiful cinematography though.

Back