RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordinary People: 7/10

About what the death of a son does to a family. It doesn't get tied up nicely with a bow, which felt honest. Performances were excellent across the board.

FX - 7/10

FX2 - 6/10

This guy does special effects work for movies and is hired to fake a mob execution for a guy in witness protection until he winds up in danger himself and teams up with a cop. He uses his skills to turn it around on them. Actually a pretty entertaining flick though nothing really mind blowing, not a bad way to kill some time.

The second is about the main character and cop again, both now retired as the movie guy gets sucked into helping a police sting. They got a little carried away with some of the stuff in this one but it's still got some unique and fun scenes like a fight with an RC robot.

They're both sort of low budget b-flicks but have a genuine charm about them.

Which makes sense, because it isn't a film.

What is it you mean by that ?.
I've not looked into Gravity much but I was interested in checking it out in IMAX. If there is no story though and it's just people flying around in space shouting at each other for 2 hours I'm not interested.

I've not looked into Gravity much but I was interested in checking it out in IMAX. If there is no story though and it's just people flying around in space shouting at each other for 2 hours I'm not interested.

That's not far off of what it was IMO.

The story is get home. If you can appreciate film as an art form, you'll very much enjoy Gravity.

Not all films are about the story. Some times it's about the visceral experience of the thing. I know you appreciate good cinema, so you will indeed enjoy it. Don't listen to anyone else here.

The story is get home. If you can appreciate film as an art form, you'll very much enjoy Gravity.

Not all films are about the story. Some times it's about the visceral experience of the thing. I know you appreciate good cinema, so you will indeed enjoy it. Don't listen to anyone else here.

At least someone understands what Cuaron and Gravity was all about. It is about experiencing it for sure.

Gravity 9/10

I sat with my jaw open for an hour and a half. I was mesmerized by the beautiful ballet of space survival Cuaron put on screen. Many will hate this film because it is not what Hollywood would typically put out (it is more about surviving this situation these two astronauts find themselves in rather than a fully developed story) What also shocked me was Sandra Bullock carrying this film on her own when I really do not like her in general. She was actually fantastic.

This is my favorite film of the year. I cannot see anything topping it. See it on the biggest 3D screen possible. I am going to find the nearest IMAX 3D screen and watch it again.

FX - 7/10

FX2 - 6/10

They're both sort of low budget b-flicks but have a genuine charm about them.

FX films were great! I remembered Brian Dennehy from these films before Tommy Boy.

I loved the fight with the robot clown. It freaked me out and at the same time thought it was awesome.

World War Z -- 8/10. I thought it was quite good, actually. Nothing like the book, but good taken on its own. I thought the solution was clever ... a unique solution in a genre where they're hard to come by. I also thought the swarming zombies was unique. I hadn't seen anything like that before. The fall of Jerusalem was well done. I liked the broader scale of this movie as opposed to most zombie flicks ... which tend to be very focused on a few people trying to survive.

Anybody seen the 'unrated' cut? Any difference? I know there was an original ending with some bloody battle somewhere in Russia, but I don't know if it ever saw the light of day after it tested poorly.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back