RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

Zero Dark Thirty. Strange movie for me while I liked it it felt like 3 movies in one. The first 30 minutes was good, the next 30-40 was sort of boring and the last 30-40 minutes was fantastic. I lost a bit of interest in the middle of the film because it felt redundant.

The end was great and captured that Hurt Locker intensity very well

I saw this on the science channel this morning and remembered I needed to finish my own watch through by rewatching Serenity so:

Firefly 7/10
Serenity 7/10

I like the concept and even the budget seems well enough but theres some small element that just never clicked. I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel like it's partially to do with some of the acting. Theres alot of times that feel like they called for more emotion but some of the actors fell flat. There were alot of moments where they were in mortal danger or being shot at or about to be captured w/e and they just don't seem remotely concerned about it.

I saw this on the science channel this morning and remembered I needed to finish my own watch through by rewatching Serenity so:

Firefly 7/10
Serenity 7/10

I like the concept and even the budget seems well enough but theres some small element that just never clicked. I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel like it's partially to do with some of the acting. Theres alot of times that feel like they called for more emotion but some of the actors fell flat. There were alot of moments where they were in mortal danger or being shot at or about to be captured w/e and they just don't seem remotely concerned about it.

I love Serenity, unfortunately didn't get to see firefly, I have to pick it up on blu ray if it ever comes out

Priest - 6/10
Slightly better than I had expected, but in the end quite forgetable.

Firefly 7/10
Serenity 7/10

That's Whedon's style. He employs dry sarcasm over emotional terror.

Doesn't work with everything, but for his stuff, I find my self laughing more at those moments. Especially when he quickly throws in an ultra serious moment at the last second. Catches you by surprise.

That's Whedon's style. He employs dry sarcasm over emotional terror.

Doesn't work with everything, but for his stuff, I find my self laughing more at those moments. Especially when he quickly throws in an ultra serious moment at the last second. Catches you by surprise.

:exactly:

The Shield 10/10 Only show I can think of that I could honestly give a 10/10 on. This is the only show I can think of that I enjoyed every single season. All of my favorite shows always had that one season that I really just couldn't stand. The only other show that will probably get a 10/10 over all with me is Breaking Bad as long as the last season is satisfying.

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

I saw it this afternoon.

I'd rate it 3/5.

It's good solid action film. DIE HARD in the White House.

I've been disappointed with the majority of roles Gerard Butler has taken in recent years. His last good film was LAW ABIDING CITIZEN. He's firmly back in familiar ground with this film.

All the actors/characters are pretty much generic and predictable.

Seeing a filmed version of a fictional full frontal assault on the White House was very interesting given the country's current political/social mindset with the North Koreans as antagonists (how convenient & perfect timing).

The Hobbit

Not even close to a letdown! It's hard to compete with the lord of the rings trilogy of course. Dragged on a little at times, but the visuals were amazing. Sound and music were great. Character depth was good. I liked how much darker they made Golem in this film. Overall two thumbs up. Will watch this frequently until the sequel debuts

The Hobbit - 5/10.
Effects were spectacular. But there was too much 'trekking through forests/across mountains', and some scenes were too drawn-out. Easily could've been an hour and a half, but it pushed 2:40 instead...

Re: Review The Last Movie You Watched.

Mm...title change. Sexy.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - On the 25th Anny Blu Ray. And holy **** does it look good. Still one of my favorites. Perfect tone. Great animation.

And the commentary, I don't know if it's new or not...but it's awesome. The train at the end that hits the DIP truck is filled with MURDER. It's amazing.

Back