Ranking The Sideshow Lord Of The Rings Statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranking Your Choices

• Total voters

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
We've got most of what's been announced now in hand and I figured we could revisit this again. Also, seeing a post in the Weta Gandalf thread made me think thus would be fun to approach.

Personally nothing about this line is weak. Looking at them all this is just a fantastic line of statues. :yess:

Pick your top 3 choices

Boromir
Gimli
Strider

Those are my top three in order. (Not sure if I voted correctly, though. Were we supposed to vote for one? It let me vote for all three. Apologies if I screwed that up.)

I've also got Arwen and the Ringwraith and they're pretty terrific, too!

Legolas and Gandalf didn't do much for me in all the pics I've seen. Not bad, but not exciting enough to throw down a few hundred bucks. The Snow Troll looks great, but I'm only collecting stuff from the movie lines.

You did just fine. I allowed for more than one but couldn't just set it at three I don't think.

For me this is a tough choice to put them in an actual order. There is just so much to like about all of them.

Very difficult to choose so I decided to base my choices on likeness with Aragorn, Boromir, and Gandalf being my personal favorites in that regard. This line has been very impressive to date, hopefully we'll see some new statues in short order.

I've got the Twilight Ringwraith on order, but due to budget and space constraints, I've been trying to scale back on ordering any more pieces unless I fall totally in love.

But the reveal of Sam and Frodo has me seriously debating! Dang, that proto looks great! :gah:

They are all nice but Arwen is the worst...My favorite is Boromir, Snow Troll a big 2nd, Strider 3, Gimli 4,Ringwraith 5 Gandalf 6 Legolas 7 Arwen 8

Last edited:
Got both of those on order and they look freaking great. Used points on both getting the WK for $75 shipped and Frodo/Sam for like $175 shipped.

Strider
Gimli
Ringwraith

those are my votes. Poor Legolas can't ever catch a break can he (going back to day 1 10 years ago).

The original is rough as far as likeness goes but the new one is damn good. Just not in my top 3.

I love this line so much! My Top 3 so far (in order) and the rest:
1. Strider
2. Boromir
3. Snow Troll

4. Ringwraith
5. Gimli
6. Gandalf
7. Legolas
8. Arwen

When Witch King and Frodo and Sam statues are released, we could see some shuffling happening above. :wink1:

The original is rough as far as likeness goes but the new one is damn good. Just not in my top 3.

Likeness, yes Legolas is rough, but the face actually look really good for an elf and the pose is quite elegant, much more so than the maquette which looks a bit awkward.

I only have the Strider maquette, so my vote went there. I've been in doubt over getting Arwen, but the in hand pics made decide against it. Borormir looks good too, as well as the Ringwraith and Gimli, but I already have great representations of them in the SSW line.

I don't care much for Moses Gandalf or X-Men Legolas. The likenesses are fine, but the poses are way over the top imo. Snow Troll was an easy pass as it's not in the movies. The lime green skintone on the in hand pics didn't help either.

Gimli is my favourite in this line, so far. Love his pose, sculpt, paintwork, and the sideshow ex. is excellent. Then Gandalf and Boromir. But I do own them all (except for the Ringwraith who is yet to ship) and the whole range is fantastic.

Sorry, can't do it guys...that's like asking me to choose between my children.

I will say, this is a fantastic line and I love it so much. :love

It is easier for me to choose what I consider the weakest ones...Arwen and I very sad to say Gandalf the Grey. :(

For me, all the rest are too close to choose from.

Like my children, I love them all for different reasons. :love

And boy do they make for a wonderful family. :yess:

:duff
Bill

I don't own any but I voted only for Boromir because I think he's a cut above the rest. I think the statue greatly captures the pride of the Men of Gondor.

I don't own any but I voted only for Boromir because I think he's a cut above the rest. I think the statue greatly captures the pride of the Men of Gondor.

Yes it does for sure, EnShinNoi. :wave

But you really have to see these wonderful pieces in-hand to truly get the most from them :wink1:. e.g. while the Ringwraith looks very good in pics (IMHO) when you see him in person, you really get a vastly enhanced experience :rock (again IMHO).

But I still do somewhat agree with you, Boromir is truly a great piece and does indeed "captue the pride of the Men of Gondor". :rock

:duff
Bill

Likeness, yes Legolas is rough, but the face actually look really good for an elf and the pose is quite elegant, much more so than the maquette which looks a bit awkward.

I agree that the original does haves very good generic elf like look to it. I can't say I agree with you on the pose for Legolas. It looks pretty cool to me and something I could see him doing.

I love them ALL, but, alas, you force me to decide! :gah:

Boromir
Ringwraith
Arwen (Yes, Arwen. Love her elegant appearance.)

:)

Back