Rank Em!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't say I had the answers... just the criticism :lol

I suppose someone could keep track of the responses on the first page, similar to what Pixeltwin did with the shipping of Maul?

1. Darth Maul
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi
3. Darth Vader Sith Apprentice
4. Kit Fisto
5. Qui-Gon Jinn
6. Luke Skywalker
7. Mace Windu
8. Anakin Skywalker
9. Han Solo

1. Kit Fisto
2. Maul
3. Mace
4. Obi-Wan
5. Anakin
6. Sith Anakin
7. Qui-Gon
8. Luke
9. Han Solo

1. Darth Maul
2. Obi-Wan
3. Darth Vader
4. Qui-Gon Jinn
5. Mace Windu
6. Anakin Skywalker
7. Kit Fisto
8. Luke Skywalker
9. Han Solo

Even though I'm getting Maul on Monday, the pics swayed my decision:

1. Maul
2. Obi-wan
3. Luke
4. Kit Fisto
5. Sith Anakin
6. Mace
7. Qui-gon
8. Han
9. Anakin

Maul
Obi
Anakin
Kit
Mace
Qui-Gon
Vader
Luke
Han (though he has by far the best exclusive)

galactiboy said:
I didn't say I had the answers... just the criticism :lol

I suppose someone could keep track of the responses on the first page, similar to what Pixeltwin did with the shipping of Maul?

Do it the way Buttmunch did it to rank the Bond Films... Have a poll dedicated to 2 figures... then another one for a different set.. then have winners of each set face each other... I guess its sort of like March Madness... That could be fun. Everyone vote and say why... Buttmunch, why don't you point us in the right direction? :lol

Won't get maul for about 6 weeks over here but based on the pics I'm gonna go with :-

1. Obi-Wan
2. Sith Anakin
3. Maul
4. Kit Fisto
5. Luke
6. Mace
7. Anakin
8. Qui Gon (Just not feelin' it)
9. Han

This is all based on out of the box, no repaints, no touching up whatsoever.

To be absolutely clear on this though they are all, without exception, collectively the coolest toys I have bought this year by a country mile.

1. Kit Fisto
2. Darth Maul
3. Obi Wan
4. Mace Windu
5. Sith Anakin
6. Qui Gon
7. Anakin
8. Luke
9. Han (only last because i don't have him yet)

10. Dooku ---got to keep my hopes up

1.Mace Windu-- not a perfect likeness but perfectly captures the character. The head-to-body proportions are about right, and he's MACE WINDU, MOTHER@#$%^&! Probably my favorite Jedi.

2.Obi-Wan-- would be my fave but his head's a little big and he's just not as fun to pose as Mace.

3.Qui-Gon-- I like Qui-Gon. What else can I say?

4.TIE: Kit Fisto/Anakin/Darth Vader-- Kit is slightly better than Anakin, but the lack of extra hands takes him down a peg. Anakin/Vader are good, but not my faves-- I can deal with the Geisha makeup but it does detract from the look.

5.Luke-- I've wanted a good version of Luke from Jedi since I was a little kid. I'm glad to finally have one, monkey arms and big head aside.

6.Han-- A lot of people gave this figure the thumbs-down, but I think it's pretty good, even considering his 'Mulderization.'

I'm sure Maul will blow Mace off my top spot, but he's just arrived today and I'm unsure if I'll even unpack him since we're moving next weekend...
Oh, who am I kidding? I won't be able to resist even if he's free for only a little while...

Out of the box

Maul (class by itself)

Kit
Mace
Obi
Qui-Gon
Luke
Anakin
Han (best exclusive)
Vader

1. Darth Maul (really he would have the top 3 spots)
2. Mace Windu
3. Obi-wan Kenobi
4. Qui-Gon Jinn
5. Darth Vader
6. Kit Fisto
7. Luke Skywalker
8. Anakin Skywalker
9. Han Solo

323551832_15240916f2_o.jpg

Jedibear's ranking...

This is tough...like CustomMikey says, they all excel at different aspects, so this list is more a matter of personal preference...but here goes...

• Darth Maul
  • Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Qui-Gon Jinn
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Darth Vader Sith Apprentice
  • Mace Windu
  • Kit Fisto
  • Anakin Skywalker
  • Han Solo

An overall view...

The Good: We have a company that has great artists who are also huge fans of the license putting out well-crafted figures featuring well done sculpts, quality outfits and accessories, interesting and vibrant packaging and a great relationship with their consumers (who are among the most ardent fans with high expectations).
We've had an interesting (if a little jedi-centric) line of characters this year, and in one interesting turn, the company re-visited a character and offered an improved version of him. They've heard our feedback, they listen, and when they can, implement changes and improvements. This year ends with new shipping boxes, a figure that raises the bar and the promise of even more exciting releases on the horizon (and hopefully some armored characters)

The Bad: A few missteps with some characters made for some bumps in the road (monkey-armed Luke, Kabuki Ani, Bolero Han)...flimsy shippers left a lot of fans with damaged boxes (which to their credit, Sideshow cheerfully replaced when asked)...a "feast or famine" approach with the release schedule left some fans contemplating a ramen noodle diet, homelessness or buying their figure...no armored or odd-shaped characters released in the first year. Again, to Sideshow's credit, most of these issues were (or are being) dealt with, so the new year looks promising...with Maul truly heralding in a new level of excellence from the superb paint apps and body size to the shippers being improved and the oddest-shaped SW character of all...Jabba the Hutt...on the horizon.

Wrapping the Ranking: I am so thankful to Sideshow for putting the fun back into SW collecting again...and allowing some pride as well. There is certainly no embarrassment in displaying these high-quality figures in your home. My collection displayed at work has never failed to ellicit appreciation from even the most casual observer...all are impressed with the quality they see (Maul has gone over ESPECIALLY well!) Around here, every figure has at the very least generated good (if sometimes, little high-spirited) discussion and stimulated feedback, not to mention exposing us to great artists in this "freak" zone that have wonderfully taken these great figures and expanded upon them either from total makeovers and interpretations to some fun photography to just great enthusiasm through their displays.

It's been a great year....here's to more in 2007!

1. Maul
2. Qui-Gon
3. Obi
4. Mace
5. Kit
6. Anakin Sith
7. Luke
8. Anakin Sky
9. Han Solo (best exclusive though)

More recent, the better they are.

1. Darth Maul
2. Kit Fisto
3. Mace Windu
4. Obiwan Kenobi
5. Qui-Gon Jinn
6. Luke Skywalker
7. Anakin Skywalker
8. Han Solo
9. Darth Vader

Maul set the bar for what to expect from SS with this line. If Jabba is as good as the proto, it will be a easy and prolly unbeatable #1.

Damn, most of those figures suck now :lol

Back