Randy, Simon and Paula - Would you Buy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spaceman

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'll go first - No, I would absolutely not purchase these figures.

But I do think pull string talking 12 inch poseables of my favorite guilty pleasure would be pretty hilarious.

The pull string is essential to the idea though.

"Little pitchy there at the end, Dog"

"You, you ... are a very beautiful person"

"Ahh, it was just alright for me, Dog"

"I simply wish that you were a better singer"

"You were true to yourself"

"You brought it! That's what I'm talkin bout right there, Dog"

"That was absolutely ghastly"

"I'm not jumping up and down. But it was definitely not your worst performance. We've heard much worse from you"

"Not the right song choice for you, Dog"

"I just wasn't feeling it"

"Song was too big for you, Dog"

"You, you ... wow, ... first let me just say that you are wonderful person."

"I think I actually understand what Paula is trying to say"

Pull string or no...I would not buy...except maybe to throw them into a fire and watch them burn. :lol

i'd buy an antonella barba with stripping action and WW2 war memorial fountain set.

(i'm ashamed i even know who she is):rotfl

I'm guessing these are American Idol figures. Who would buy them? Only one person I can think of.

5.jpg

Ding fries are done!

I actually think the talking 12" figures would be fun! :rotfl

And Spaceman, when can we expect all those cool new entries on your site to go live? Great job by the way!!! Finally, the Uni Monster 12 inchers have been listed!!! :D

lcummins said:
I actually think the talking 12" figures would be fun! :rotfl

And Spaceman, when can we expect all those cool new entries on your site to go live? Great job by the way!!! Finally, the Uni Monster 12 inchers have been listed!!! :D

Thanks LC!! Finally, one person who will admit this could be mildly amsuing! I was feeling so alone. :eek: :grouphug :eek:

Glad you're excited about the new items! I'm working on it pretty steadily - It took quite a while to go through all six major sections, fix broken links, update item id numbers and edition sizes, and add the 500 or so new entries. With that in place, a few other software upgrades are necessary. Interestingly, one holdup is due to the user editing feature introduced in the big contest at the start of the fall. Currently, if I tried to sort these new entries, I would be in danger of obliterating the thousands of edits submitted by site users, which is obviously catastrophic. (although everything is regularly archived and recoverable) In principle, the idea is simple - I just have to teach the resorter to respect the list of items edited by users. The implementation just has a lot of details that will take a little time to sort out. For example, since Gentle Giant upgraded their site, I have access to their actual official item numbers for the first time. I renamed all my item id's accordingly - but I have to be sure that user edits submitted under the old id names are properly mapped over to the new names, and etc. Once that's done, I'll have to develop a set of finely discerning keywords for the 500 items, many of which are variations in the representation of otherwise identical characters. Finally, I'm reprogramming where those keywords are stored, and how they are accessed, to facilitate more simple future updates. So - the struggle continues, as they say. But should be pretty soon. I hope ;)

Back