random questions...PLEASE ANSWER...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villainsfan42

Super Freak
Reaction score
sorry for the title, it's just that when i made two threads for other questions, almost no one answered.

i already asked these in the questions thread, but i just wanted to get answers asap.

-what is the best dremel and the attachments to buy?

-what is the best sculpting material, for heads, or for adjustments to heads?

-also, right now, i've been using smooth on-smooth cast for my casted heads, but it does not thrill me...what would be a better, higher quality, material to cast heads with? *note: not the silicone..i do like the oomoo*

i would very much appreciate any answers...thank you.:D

PM Mr Barlow about the material he casts with.
I prefer the Dremel 100 series. It comes with a decent starter set of bits. I used to have the rechargeable mini mite but after awhile the battery gave out, so I now favor the plug in.

I'm looking into these for the time being...still not sure what resin to use for casts yet though...

help...

i'm getting this...
dremel_100_med.jpg

this...
SSFLEXGREY.JPG

but i still don't know what type of resin to use...HELP ME!!!

Any of Smooth-On resins are great. I've been playing around with the Smooth Cast 326, trying to get translucent skin effects. However, you might want to give these a shot:

https://www.smooth-on.com/Urethane-Plastic-a/c5_1120_1209/index.html

Also, you'll need a good silicone rubber for your mold. Smooth-On has 1:1 silicone rubber called Oomu that is low viscosity so you don't have to worry about degassing it. However, I've also been playing with their Dragon Skin rubber. The molds last much longer and it's so flexible you can remove a head from a one piece mold without splitting the mold; so no seams:D.

The only problem is that the Dragon Skin has a high viscosity, so you'll need to degas it in a vacuum chamber.

Hope that helps.

There are all kinds of answers all over this board. Use the search feature. Search for resins and see who uses what. Everyone is going to have a favorite. I've used Polytek, Alumalite and Smooth-on and I like smooth-on the best. Each of these companies have various formulas so try emailing them what it is your looking for.

Back