Random musings of Star Wars customizers...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kodiak3d

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just post the random thoughts you have about Star Wars figures and/or customs 😊

- Why hasn't anyone made a sculpt of Julian Glover?
- Why no Max Rebo Band yet?
- Why hasn't Sideshow made any other X-Wing pilots?
- Who makes all the Hot Toys knockoff heads?
- What colors of blue should I use on my Thrawn custom?
- Why was Sideshow's Thrawn sculpt so...ugh? (In my opinion.)

Just post the random thoughts you have about Star Wars figures and/or customs ��

Sideshow have made some strange choices over the years - dengar was a long time coming- no veers yet - no re-issue of fleet troopers/ imperial officers or x wing pilots.

Seems like there’s a real missed opportunity there

Sideshow have made some strange choices over the years - dengar was a long time coming- no veers yet - no re-issue of fleet troopers/ imperial officers or x wing pilots.

I can kinda understand Dengar taking a while. While he IS popular with collectors, he's a minor character and requires a (mostly) new design. Veers would just be a new head sculpt (or two...with and without helmet). They've already done his armor and uniform with other figures.

X-wing pilots are even easier. Just a new head sculpt and repainted helmet. With the mileage they got out of the clones, you'd think they'd milk the pilots for every dime possible.

I also want to know why no Fleet troopers or Imperial officers. I was hoping with the Sideshow Hoth Luke and Han we could get a few Hoth Rebels.

Sideshow could probably make a decent armored Veers, they should do it!

Just post the random thoughts you have about Star Wars figures and/or customs ��

I have actually thought all of this recently except for the Thrawn ones.

Sideshow might feel there is no market for "simpler" figures like the Imperial officers and Rebel Fleet Troopers at the current prices. (Guess what, Sideshow? No one says you have to charge "current" prices!)

They have to know people would pay up for more pilots, though. Why not pair a pilot with their on-screen astromech as a two pack, even?

I'm actually surprised they haven't gone back to the Clone well that everyone complained about 10-ish years ago. There's definitely a market for them again.

I agree, especially ARC troopers. Fives and Echo sell for major $$$ on the secondary market.

With the new season of Clone Wars announced, maybe they will.

I also want to know why no Fleet troopers or Imperial officers. I was hoping with the Sideshow Hoth Luke and Han we could get a few Hoth Rebels.

It would be so cool if we could get a Hot Toys 1/6th scale Gareth Edwards as a Rebel Fleet Trooper from Rogue One. If Hot Toys just redid the Fleet Trooper from the 2008 Sideshow release that would be awesome as well. :D

Back