Rambo Premium format!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to see in-hand pics of the HCG statue before deciding on it, but it looks a lot better than Sideshow's PF, so far.

I'll have plenty of photos once I get mine, looking forward to it, but the wait was long for the 1/6 HCG statue so I expected this wait.

I want to see in-hand pics of the HCG statue before deciding on it, but it looks a lot better than Sideshow's PF, so far.

Yeah the "old Rambo" likeness is dead on with HCG. I still don't know if I want to pay full price for the SSC PF...

Do any owner's of the PF really like it?

Yes, but we all look for different things in collectibles. A lot of folks need everything photorealistic to like it and there's a cartoony quality to the Rambo PF. Some people wanted this 100% true to his look in the movie that it's based on and it's only based on, not matched too.

I wanted a Rambo PF made to have a statue that embodies the character and depicts a look for him that I like, the PF does everything I wanted it to do so I'm happy with it.

Yes, but we all look for different things in collectibles. A lot of folks need everything photorealistic to like it and there's a cartoony quality to the Rambo PF. Some people wanted this 100% true to his look in the movie that it's based on and it's only based on, not matched too.

I wanted a Rambo PF made to have a statue that embodies the character and depicts a look for him that I like, the PF does everything I wanted it to do so I'm happy with it.

Aren't you the excellent photographer of the forum ? :) Do you have pictures of Rambo?

I'll put it this way: it's not a bad PF, but it falls short of what Sideshow could have done with the character. Compared to the care and attention they gave characters like Mola Ram, Jack Sparrow and Gandalf the Grey, Rambo seems like a rushed effort.

Mine's for sale, if you're interested.

I'll put it this way: it's not a bad PF, but it falls short of what Sideshow could have done with the character. Compared to the care and attention they gave characters like Mola Ram, Jack Sparrow and Gandalf the Grey, Rambo seems like a rushed effort.

Mine's for sale, if you're interested.

PM me your price.

My personal favorites are all here.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/blog.php?b=555

There may be more in this thread, can't remember, and the rest are on Sideshow's site in the product gallery.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=3000181&ref=header&live&search

Great pics. I spent an hour reading through the thread and saw how many people cancelled their order which I guess is why it's still available. He looks kinda like rubber/plastic in the skin detail. Does he look better in person? My options are Rambo, Luke JEdi PF and Rocketeer PF.

Well, I guess patience pays off. I won one yesterday. Even though the likeness isn't perfect, I am hoping it will look better in person and am sure it does. I'm excited anyways as I never win anything!

Well, I guess patience pays off. I won one yesterday. Even though the likeness isn't perfect, I am hoping it will look better in person and am sure it does. I'm excited anyways as I never win anything!

So how did you win it?

I see these are still in stock at Sideshow and BBTS. A while back I saw this piece next to the 1/4 Maga Rambo, it's really not bad, am going to get it eventually, it's just hard to get excited about it when so many people hated it. When I purchase a new collectible I like to be enthusiastic about it, this piece would've be great if it was priced at $150. I always thought $300 was a bet much for a statue of this quality.

kill_it_with_fire_RE_Some_funnies-s670x394-151259.jpg

So how did you win it?

I see these are still in stock at Sideshow and BBTS. A while back I saw this piece next to the 1/4 Maga Rambo, it's really not bad, am going to get it eventually, it's just hard to get excited about it when so many people hated it. When I purchase a new collectible I like to be enthusiastic about it, this piece would've be great if it was priced at $150. I always thought $300 was a bet much for a statue of this quality.

I won it with last Friday's contest. I went back through the thread and read a lot of people's posts and I found many ironic and I've heard over my 35 years enough people joke about Stallone's real rather mangled, droopy face (which he can't help the droopy part due to a birthing problem when he was born). So the actual man has contorted his face not much differently than the statue. Is it a great likeness? No. Is it terrible? No.

Nice...

The Rambo PF was pretty much the most disappointing pf of all time for me. I'd wanted Sideshow to do a Rambo pf for years, as I'm a huge Rambo/Stallone fan, but the pf they came up with is half arsed at best in my opinion. And that's being generous. So very, very disappointing.

No disrespect intended to anyone who own or likes the piece, but just to me...yeah.

Back