Rambo: Last Blood [Rambo 5]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What about the first Taken? That one also had an impact and revived the action genre by doing it with an actor that wasn't seen as an action hero. Lots of copycats after that one too.

Speaking of kids and violent movies, my son loves the joker but i don't know how to tell him I wont be taking him to see this movie. He still thinks he is going to see it, he asked the other day when i was buying tickets. I am kind of screwed ill have to lie to my boy that fandango wont let me get tickets, then lie to him about where i am going when I see it first to decide if I can even allow him to watch it parts of it. If its way too violent or vile it will have to wait until video where i can screen/fast forward thru the really violent parts. I am cool with the movie being dark, violent and vile but that bad thing is for kids who want to watch it cause they really like the Joker character, and having to explain why they cant see it (esp if they read comics)

You would consider lying to your kid rather than just telling him the truth?

Tell him the truth: its likely way too violent for him... and it likely sucks, and he'll hate Joker forever and blame you for taking him and you can't have that on your conscious.

You would consider lying to your kid rather than just telling him the truth?

Tell him the truth: its likely way too violent for him... and it likely sucks, and he'll hate Joker forever and blame you for taking him and you can't have that on your conscious.

Ya he is only 9 but he thinks he can handle anything, partial my fault cause i let him watch stuff other parents probably dont let their kids watch (so he has a false sense that it would be ok for him), if I tell him that then go see it i would upset him if he found out. My only other options is to wait until video and screen it first. I'd also being lying if i told him it sucks and would ruin joker since i don't believe its going to ruin the character or suck at all. I think its going to be a really good character study of Joker. Jaquin Phoenix does not make bad movies and he puts everything he has into his roles, but i do believe its going to be very sadistic, violent and not appropriate for kids at all lol. Which is a shame cause kids love joker and they are used to being able to watch all these comic book movies

It's no different than lying to your kids about Satan Claus , right? :dunno

What about Santa? He's a great guy.

Anyways, I dont think it's good to shelter kids too much. My dad was honest with me in a way I could understand. Before watching Robocop, he said that it was only a movie, that the blood was fake."They use ketchup", he told me. I dont think watching R rated films or later on playing games like Mortal Kombat affected me negatively because I understood that it wasn't real. He was honest, and thus I trusted him because of it. Lying creates distrust. Some of the jokes and situations in those films went over my head anyways, so watching those films as a teenager or adult was a brand new experience.

If anything, wrestling was more traumatic for me, because I didn't know it was fake, since no one in my family watched it and talked to me about it. I still remember Hulk Hogan getting beat up during an interview with a chair and he sold it so well that I really thought he was seriously hurt. :lol

My son just pays no mind to my stuff laying around the house lol

22103f709afa83d900d16559730011ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicks dig **** like this now cbm are cool nowadays we just grew up in the wrong period. All my wifes friends love our collection its sheik to be geek. Seriously though this **** is main stream everyone eats it up society has changed alot over the years. Its not a coincidence that cbm make the most money, it wouldnt be the case if it was still niche

Chicks dig **** like this now cbm are cool nowadays we just grew up in the wrong period. All my wifes friends love our collection its sheik to be geek. Seriously though this **** is main stream everyone eats it up society has changed alot over the years. Its not a coincidence that cbm make the most money, it wouldnt be the case if it was still niche

So are you taking your son to Joker?

Speaking of kids and violent movies, my son loves the joker but i don't know how to tell him I wont be taking him to see this movie. He still thinks he is going to see it, he asked the other day when i was buying tickets. I am kind of screwed ill have to lie to my boy that fandango wont let me get tickets, then lie to him about where i am going when I see it first to decide if I can even allow him to watch it parts of it. If its way too violent or vile it will have to wait until video where i can screen/fast forward thru the really violent parts. I am cool with the movie being dark, violent and vile but that bad thing is for kids who want to watch it cause they really like the Joker character, and having to explain why they cant see it (esp if they read comics)

I have 2 sons (12 & 9). I have a rule with them. Any R rated movie must be seen by me first. No exceptions. After I screen it, then I decide if I'll take them to see it. This happened with Logan, Deadpool 1 & 2, the John Wick movies, etc. Do they like the rule? No, but they don't have a say in the matter. In the end I almost always take them to see the movies. I think the only one I made them see on video was Deadpool. I just didn't want to explain strap ons or pegging to 6 and 9 year old kids at the time.

The new Rambo commercials are funny.

Video of bunch of wimpy dudes complaining that Rambo is too violent and then the trailer voice over mocks them then it cuts to Rambo killing dudes lol

I kid you not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back