Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fastest fingers first, jack was open order, he was doing that once a year. But now i think he abandoned that method? who knows, but this is super niche, so probably fastest fingers win.

I really struggle to see how The Exorcist could be considered a niche subject. It's infamous, broke box office records, was and still is critically acclaimed, been referenced in almost every medium going and has been an instantly recognisable part of the cultural landscape for 40 years. There's surely no one who who won't have a Scooby what you're talking about if you say 'The Exorcist' to them (except maybe Honey Boo Boo's mom). It's as far of being a 'cult' offering as you can get. 'There Will Be Blood' or 'No Country For Old Men' qualify as being niche. The Exorcist? Nahh.

Whether there's a mass of people willing to drop a grand or two on a figure from it....that's a whole different story. That surely goes for any 1/6 figure that costs as much as some peoples monthly salary though, regardless of source material.

I believe The Exorcist would sell better than many people here seem to think. Whether it would do so amongst RM's usual crowd is debatable, but the horror market is massive and the mere fact he's offering Regan immediately after The Shining could potentially open his work up to a whole new audience if he wanted.

I will have to agree with you ishothimsixtimes, This will open up a new level for Rainman's artwork and new horror movie fans, but at the same time i think it will also lose some long time Rainman's fan because this is a extreme taste not for everyone. It is a great news for all of the Horror fans who now can owe a piece of Rainman's artwork, but sad for others (ie me) not a horror movies fan and need to pass this round. That is just my POV.

ya what venomboy said, sorry if the way I put it edged u the wrong way ishothimsixtimes, what i meant was horror figure collectors are a niche of the general 1/6 collecting community, and not many people make figures based off slashers/horror except for beto, ones etc. So 1/6 horror figures are more "niche" in that sense..not saying the film is niche. And with the price tag it may carry, the target market will be ever more condensed.

ya what venomboy said, sorry if the way I put it edged u the wrong way ishothimsixtimes, what i meant was horror figure collectors are a niche of the general 1/6 collecting community, and not many people make figures based off slashers/horror except for beto, ones etc. So 1/6 horror figures are more "niche" in that sense..not saying the film is niche. And with the price tag it may carry, the target market will be ever more condensed.

Horros is very "niche," but then again you have your rainman "completist" who feel that ALL of his projects, or, with every release or upon getting every release, they feel that's "his masterpiece." You know, whenever RM announces he's workign on something, everyone comes out the woodwork saying, "I've been wanting that forever...," and all sorts of jazz.

Is the Exorcist an extreme movie, and one that can be polarizing - especially when collecting imagery from the film? Yah. But at this point, so is any figure that Rainman releases.. because you'll have your guys that will say, "why is he making this, I want that...," with entitlement, and they'll get the release anyway.

With this release, he's not planning to go the Jack route and open end it. And truth be told, and I asked him about it already, it would be nice if he went back to an older way of going about things, small runs on certain pieces and just leaving it at that. Whoever gets it, great. Whoever doesnt, deal with it. Let the aftermarket dealings then drive the movement and or acquisitions of these. But since he's such a nice guy, RM many times bends over backwards, to adjust lil' things, keep fan base happy... to the point where many times then, he's like, "WTF," when things are just whined about or overly anazlysed.

Are you the Yoga Guy?

Why are you always accusing collectors of being entitled? I'm curious why your so offended by a collector that is just going about their own business and buying and collecting what they please without having to be labeled entitled. Would you like to be labeled a "hater" for constantly pointing the finger at these types of collectors?

The collectors who are true fans of the film and understand the subject matter will always be the genuine collectors, that's just a personal opinion.....but yes there is an offset of collectors who aren't necessarily the biggest film fans but love continuing to collect Rainmans figures.

Also, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but were you part of the camp who was for the open-ended sale? I wanna say you also labeled people entitled for wanting Rainman to keep selling the old way and not making things open-ended.

It's interesting how so many people are suddenly changing their tune on these matters. I only bring it up because those who were against the open-ended strategy caught a lot of heat and ridicule for it but now all of a sudden it's a different story? People certainly have the right to change their mind or opinion on things any it happens all the time, but to point fingers and then join the opinion of those you were previously judging? No good.

But anyway, are you the yoga guy?

Last edited:
Are you the Yoga Guy?

ex7_51447115ddf2b33dee1c2939.gif

Thanks Kubrick was was trying to go back to bed . Now I am haunted by Satan crab girl, that movie is so ****ed up, those dolls are going to need blessings before they leave Korea

Just gonna bring this back up to the front in case Rainman would like some suggestions for this visual effect. Maybe he'll take somthing he likes from it and applies it in some form.

I'm going go ahead and bump this........

I was just going to get to that. The approach Rainman should have to the bed is not to treat it as an accessory but rather more like a Hottoys base. This way the elevation pose is possible.

I've had a lot of time to think about how to get the most use from the bed and easily you can get the 3 most iconic poses (1.Laying flat on Bed arms and hands tied 2.)Sitting up at Bedframe Headpost 3.) Mid-Levitation) if it's approached as a base rather than an accessory.

Levitation
Magicians use a trick plank to perform levitation tricks. That same idea can be applied to the design of the bed. For example, Hottoys uses a stem that plugs into the base for their stands in order to hold up the figure. The Reagan levitation is possible if a stem is used like a magicians plank in order to rest the figure on it. The plank will be hidden from view because it will slide right up inside Reagan's nightgown and since the nightgown drapes it will cover the plank and a bit of the base of the stem that's plugged into the bed(mattress) or the opposite side of the bed that's not in view when displayed. This will give off the floating illusion of the mid levition height, not super high but high enough to allow the fabric to drape a bit and give off the floating illusion.

Please guys, study the pictures. Take a close look at this one for example. Notice the board underneath Reagan's gown and then attaching (plugging) into the mattress. Examine the photo. This is the key and it is very possible to do this for a 1/6 figure.

MAGICIANS PLANK Technique (This is the optimal height)
el-exorcista-exorcist-elevation.jpg

Kellar_levitation_poster.jpg

This is the same technique they used in the film. For most of the scenes to hold up Reagan's body they used a magicians plank.
Static, minimal articulation, finely detailed sculpted arms, slightly bent knees, legs with wounds and tippy-toed sculpted barefoot is the way to go. The only articulation of real importance is the "wingspan arms" for levitation pose or tied up pose and the torso/waist so that we can sit reagan up when we detach the plank stem from the bed.

Rainman can do this...EASILY, it just has to be explained and sketched out for him. The key words are MAGICIANS PLANK.

Levitation Video Tutorial (Important)

I would love it if he gave us the "magician's plank". It would make an awesome display with here levitating in her blue dress.

Back