Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

A real challenge for lee would be in sculpting and body type, outfits arent really made by him unless its something not traditionally tailored. ET would be something completely challenging and great if he chooses to do it

Definitely. When he asks for something difficult that others couldn't do (or do well), a lot of the suggestions just don't meet that criteria (even Hook would mostly pop because of the outfit). Not to say I wouldn't be interested in some of those things, but trying to focus on his intentions here, it should be something outside the box like the mouse he did years back, or barring that, at least something that would require more intricate and complicated small details than usual. Elephant Man would certainly also meet that criteria, though it's not something I would buy.

The thing is there is so much ET merchandise that's available. Japanese Model kits, toys etc that are very good and with a professional paintjob would look outstanding. It's also so popular and that isn't outside the box. It's somthing that I see Hottoys doing one day.

i'd buy the shiz out of 90s turtles and samus with a zero suit DX. Tell me samus isn't challenging lol, but who would really want a samus figure to be honest lol

I'd love to see Tom Cruise from The Last Samurai in full armor.

Algren-the-last-samurai-10720386-399-600.jpg

I would love to see a Hot Toys ET does happen, because I don't see Rainman doing it, but I doubt anyone would really take that on. Too bad Johnny Depp didn't make his film debut there. I would strongly consider a classic Samus, or a classic Mega Man, which could be amazing (I was so sure Hot Toys was going to do it after they did Astro Boy. . .). But they don't seem like the kind of thing Rainman collectors go for.

If you factor in the "cult movie" or "psycho killer" aspect (the bulk of Rainman character choices), the idea that it's very difficult and unlikely to be done elsewhere, and something that could benefit from Rainman's strengths, the list gets pretty small. Even with Jimi Hendrix (putting aside the fact that he's not from a "cult" type movie), the main, distinctive Rainman contribution would probably be the guitar--something Serang outsourced. And I'm sure that guitar would kick all kinds of ass, but. . .

Wasn't someone soliciting interest in an Iminime Last Samurai? Maybe without the armor though? It was on the SSF survey of potential Rainman projects that the Dude won years ago, so that's been a long-standing idea among collectors.

Personally I'd prefer the armor version, but either Oldman Dracula would be awesome!

Eric

The armor version, unmasked, would be really cool. I saw this at the Hard Rock Cafe in Lost Vegas years ago. I didn't expect to see this there. It was way in the back, on the top floor. I can't even describe how blown away I was. And I've seen some cool props. It was one of those moments were you see something from a movie you love and it makes the experience just so much better.
Maybe that's why we collect 1/6. It's a way to have a character from something we live- and it fills us with joy.

Last edited:

I seriously doubt HT will tackle ET, especially to the standard that Rainman would.

Really? You don't see Hottoys....a multi million dollar company....getting the licensing rights to make product from a mega film like ET.
That's not even considering the fact that Hottoys has the manufacturing capabilities to possibly do the bike and a special boy sized TrueType. E.T's eyes are perfect for some kind of pers system. I heard there's going to be a remake of this film so I'm sure that will help spark some newfound interest in the original. I think it has a very very good chance of being picked up by Hottoys at some point.

I'm not a sculptor but I don't think ET would pose any difficulty in capturing likeness that would make Rainmans skill stand out more than another. It's not a Human face, but the elephant man combines both a human face with a severe structured bone and skin condition. Rainman's skill would definately shine because he has the talent to bring out those kind of details and deformity. I also think he's very good at capturing the right scale.

Last edited:

Naw, hot toys' main market is China and Japan, its gonna be the marvel and dc licenses first. marty was a blessing already, ET would be near impossible.

Really? You don't see Hottoys....a multi million dollar company....getting the licensing rights to make product from a mega film like ET.
That's not even considering the fact that Hottoys has the manufacturing capabilities to possibly do the bike and a special boy sized TrueType. E.T's eyes are perfect for some kind of pers system. I heard there's going to be a remake of this film so I'm sure that will help spark some newfound interest in the original. I think it has a very very good chance of being picked up by Hottoys at some point.

I'm not a sculptor but I don't think ET would pose any difficulty in capturing likeness that would make Rainmans skill stand out more than another. It's not a Human face, but the elephant man combines both a human face with a severe structured bone and skin condition. Rainman's skill would definately shine because he has the talent to bring out those kind of details and deformity. I also think he's very good at capturing the right scale.

Ha funny guy! Man I really wish they would make ET the sad truth is even if they made a proto of him it would end up along with smooth criminal MJ.... Kindda sucks! Although elephant man would be a nice piece of art I couldn't see many people wanting it for the sheer reason no one would step foot in your house:rotfl

I kindda feel ET is wasted talent by rainman as he is simple..... Lee has so much talent so why waste it? We need something that screams art!
Could you imagine a rainman Wizard of Oz set? ( bye bye bank account):rotfl

Rainman said he'd try to step it up this year. Maybe he could do a couple of the suggestions.
I'd say that The Thing is a must. The combo was a great idea. Jimmy Hendricks? He did say no. E.T with Elliot, maybe the bike. The combo would really make this set. Something a little more positive to round out the criminal elliments. Plus your Willy Wonka could pretend he's Charlie- for those that play with these figures- you sick "&$@"?.

I don't think there was enough interest in Marge (though I hope Rainman ignores the detractors there and does it anyway--if he thinks it's a good idea, then he should go for it!). If only she secretly cut the heads off of children and ate them, she would have been a near unanimous choice!

Back