Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

Daniel day as Lincoln ! Hands down!!
Def don't want elephant man! Or anyone from space balls or peter pan getoutahere!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lo Pan and Jack Burton...

Attachments

• Lo-Pan.jpg
    Lo-Pan.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 150

Everyone should make out a list of figures. That would narrow it down. I vote
1) Dustin Hoffman from the Graduate.
2) Gene Hackman Popyer Doyle.
3) John Wayne the Searchers
4) Ellilot and E.T with bike
5) richard Drifus Close Encounters
6) Charles Bronson death wish
7) Steve McQueen Bullet
8) barbarella

There are a good handful of suggestions here that fit the challenge it seems he's looking for. Some I wouldn't be interested in personally, and some I would but Duke is by far top choice for me.

When I read his message my heart got going and I thought to myself that Duke finally has his chance :yess:. I've been dying for a DXX Duke with the works, and this has Rainman's name written all over it. Accessories are his forte and Duke is an accessory heavy character (typewriter, fly swatter, cigarette with holder, drug case, glasses, etc.). He's so expressive that he two sculpts could even be called for (maybe 2 different expressions or hatted & hatless), or some twisted hands for his wacky gestures. If he really wanted to push "the challenge" to the limits, maybe he could attempt scratch built single jointed legs (a la Perseus but thinner).

This guy has big time potential to be one of the all time greats if done to the fullest extent

Def don't want elephant man! Or anyone from space balls or peter pan getoutahere!!!

:dunno

"I want to make difficult thing nobody made"

Ok, i think i've got the brief. I'm racking my brains...I'm racking my brains....what's the bad guy out of Roger Rabbit called? No, wait on...wait on....ahhhh, *I've got it! Just do*us another Daniel Day!! Lincoln this time, then Last Of The Mohicans, and lastly the recluse version when he retired from acting and started cobbling shoes for a living.*

He's boss Day Lewis. *I'm so glad Rainman gave up on trying to break new ground and instead decided to dedicate his life to Lewis love.

Oh crap. I forgot about My Left Foot :slap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was a ridiculously boring movie. Big fan of DDL but no thanks.

Everyone should make out a list of figures. That would narrow it down. I vote
1) Dustin Hoffman from the Graduate.
2) Gene Hackman Popyer Doyle.
3) John Wayne the Searchers
4) Ellilot and E.T with bike
5) richard Drifus Close Encounters
6) Charles Bronson death wish
7) Steve McQueen Bullet
8) barbarella

:exactly:

Also, Dr Strangelove would be a great challenge for RM what with the wheelchair and all...

E.T.'s a great idea. Elliot and E.T. with bike, Speak & Spell, Reese's Pieces. RM can take my money now.

Id love to see some big stars from iconic films made!
JohnTravolta from Grease/Blow out/Saturday night fever/From Paris with love and Michael could be interesting too and the less well known Love song for Bobby Long.
Samuel L Jackson from Jackie Brown/Shaft
Kevin Costner from Dances with wolves
and would love a Walt from Big Lebowski

Some people here really understand what this thread is for.
Some people however are completely missing the point and treating it as a wishlist.

I will be emailing Lee tonight with the most popular choices so feel free to throw anymore into the ring. Currently:

Dracula
Hook
Doubtfire
Dark Helmet (been done)
Raoul Duke
Edward Scissorhands (Hot Toys)
Jimi Hendrix
Wikus van de merwe?
Hal Bowman

??

Those in bold seem to be most popular.

Hook is a great choice and I would vote for that one. And I'll throw this out there because the character was so great and it would be an incredible challenge is Ava from the new film Ex Machina.

in the first post it says something not done before and im pretty sure none of what iv mentioned have been done before!?!?
AND as for been different all the figures apart from ET are no more different or harder to make than any other! juat sculpt and clothing, with Hook and Edward actually been a bit harder for the tailor. Walter would actually be a challenge as it would need a new body sculpt!!!!

Duke_depp.jpg

Gets my vote

Has been coming up plenty in the wishlist for a long time now, time to get it done

"Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" set would be pretty decent and plus I don't think anybody has ever attempted to make Benicio Del Toro head sculpt.

Back