Rainman's Fight Club sculpts recasted...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheungkinmen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Rainman asked me to help him post these pics, a few comparisons on HeadPlay's head that were recently posted on their facebook page and Rainman's original sculpts:

copy1.jpg

copy2.jpg

copy.jpg

This is looking like the VIVA Tommy Lee Jones incident.

Last edited:
Little off topic, but what are you doing in Costa Rica? I'm half Costa Rican btw :wave

Back to the topic at hand. So I am guessing Headplay is claiming these are their sculpts?

They should be executed!

Little off topic, but what are you doing in Costa Rica? I'm half Costa Rican btw :wave

Back to the topic at hand. So I am guessing Headplay is claiming these are their sculpts?

They should be executed
!

As far as we know it's just on Headplay's facebook page, they haven't said anything. But being there means they might be planning to release them.

These are definately and obviously not the work of Headplay. If they intend to resell these or are taking credit for them then they are complete scumbags.

Since they are unlicensed, pretty much all that can be done is shaking a fist at your computer monitor. :dunno

I cannot find any sentence like : sculpted by headplay:gah:

Me neither, they are not saying it, but you should ask, why would they post other people's sculpts in their facebook ?, so far they have only been posting the sculpts they will be releasing in the future... Either way, Rainman is not happy about this apparently.

Since they are unlicensed, pretty much all that can be done is shaking a fist at your computer monitor. :dunno

And alerting some of the more respectable places that carry Headplay stock in the hopes they don't buy or support these if they are indeed planning to sell them. Some of the owners come here.

Scumbags.

I bet Ed and Brad are saying the same to the people who made sculpts of them!

Back in the day circa late 80's/90's some of you may remember the garage kit scene..... it was mad, no one could do anything, people was recasting recast!!

I was dealing with Fewture Models and they could do jack s--t about people recasting their stuff, and its much the same now.

Regardless of licenses I think a lot of sculptors must feel upset and angry when they see their work recast. Even though headplay occasionally sculpt their own work it's obvious to me they're in this 100% for the money and have no passion whatsoever for this hobby if they can just blatantly sell someone else's work as their own.

It might be worth taking note that these aren't up for sale yet and HP have posted pictures from other companies on their facebook page and not gone on to sell them. HP seem to work in mysterious ways but I think it may be a little too early to start calling them scumbags for this. Maybe we should wait to see if they actually sell these sculpts before we pass judgement on them.
I know they have done this before and they took a lot of stick for it.

Back