Rainman Richard Harrow (Boardwalk Empire) Commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i personally think that Iminime could knock itout of the ball park....sculpt wize atleast...cause like i have said many times before...the clothes are NOT made by RM....

Iminime could give this a go but theres so many products they're working on already with so many delays.

Yeah, it's weird to me that Rainman gets such intense criticism for lots of sculpt work he does, but folks unanimously seem to think no other sculptor could touch Harrow after seeing this. If you're looking at the complete figure here, sculpt is Rainman, maybe the gun that is blurry and we can't see. . .that's it. The rest is his tailor and a Hot Toys body no doubt. Lots of great sculptors on this board. This figure is amazing, but I would love to see someone else give it a shot.

mg2065 is the man to watch. If anyone can do this proper, he can.

I think thats got more to do with which potential artists where on board that led to the lack of interest. I mean no disrespect to any other artist on here but nobody else but Rainman could have done Harrow at this level

:slap come on now. There are few sculptors at RM's level, if not better on this board. This kinda statement is just :gah:

:slap come on now. There are few sculptors at RM's level, if not better on this board. This kinda statement is just :gah:

Outside of Trevor Grove and one or 2 of Iminime's sculptors all of which are extremely hard to pin down name one? Yes Rainman has his up's and his downs when it comes to sculpts no doubt there not all brilliant, some of them are even on the side of poor but when he nails it like he has with Harrow the only sculptor that can keep pace is Trevor Grove (perhaps mg2065 and cheungkinmen also). We all know how busy that man is we ain't gonna be seeing a Trevor Grove Harrow anytime soon unless Iminime commission him to do it. As others have said Iminime have far too much on the plate atm they gotta worry about actually finishing off the 5-10 projects they have on the go that are border line late already before inviting new ones to the table.

Anyway my argument is not just about the sculpt we all know we could get a group together and commission Yunsil (Rainman's tailor) to put the outfit's together for us. I severely doubt she'd do identical outfits as this is supposed to be a OOAK commission but I reckon she'd do something similar i.e. another outfit from the show. There are a couple of people on here that could match the Harrow sculpt mg2065 or cheungkinmen come to mind but that mask and those glasses? The paintwork that bring it all together? We'd need to put together a dream team to match this guy I'm talking Trevor Grove on sculpt, Robbiethepainter on Mask and glasses, Nathan on paint and Yunsil on threads I just can't see that happening lol

Last edited:
Outside of Trevor Grove and one or 2 of Iminime's sculptors all of which are extremely hard to pin down name one? Yes Rainman has his up's and his downs when it comes to sculpts no doubt there not all brilliant some of them are even on the side of poor but when he nails it like he has with Harrow the only sculptor that can keep pace is Trevor Grove and we all know how busy that man is we ain't gonna be seeing a Trevor Grove Harrow anytime soon unless Iminime commission him to do it. As others have said Iminime have far too much on the plate atm they gotta worry about actually finishing off the 5-10 projects they have on the go that are border line late already before inviting new ones to the table.

My gift to you:

comma%20period.jpg

Outside of Trevor Grove and one or 2 of Iminime's sculptors all of which are extremely hard to pin down name one?
Rocco nails likenesses as consistently and as well as any other sculptor I've seen, and he does unconventional stuff like accessories, full characters (Slimer), calf add-ons, etc. so I imagine he could do the prosthesis.

Rocco nails likenesses as consistently and as well as any other sculptor I've seen, and he does unconventional stuff like accessories, full characters (Slimer), calf add-ons, etc. so I imagine he could do the prosthesis.

Not gonna lie I'm not a huge fan of Rocco's tbh I think he's done some great sculpts but they were all far too big scale wise. Recently he seems to have sorted that issue out which is great but the likenesses just haven't been there at all in his most recent sculpts for me. He's a very talented dude don't get me wrong far more talented than me that's for sure I just wouldn't put him in the same league as say Rainman, TG, Cheungkinmen, Sosa, Iminime or MG. Purely my opinion though.

I do appreciate he does a lot of off the wall stuff like the Slimer (which was awesome) and the Goodman all in one chest piece and calves which is cool I just don't think he got the likeness on Goodman.

Yeah, it's all subjective, but tell me these aren't home runs:

IMG_0166_zps839f2e36.jpg

IMG_0156_zpsb4d4fbd6.jpg

I think those are as good as any likenesses I've seen from anyone--Yulli, Grove, what have you. Scale has been completely spot on for the last several releases. I don't think we've seen many Goodman's painted up yet, so seems like the jury is out on that one. But like you say, this is just my opinion.

They are both excellent I agree both total homeruns I just feel with Rocco for every one of those we get we get 2 or 3 Drive, Bronson or Goodman sculpts which for me are not even close.

No sculptor can nail every likeness they attempt and it's probably just because Rocco does so many sculpts in total that there's quite a few bad ones in my eyes.

Another minor complaint I've had with Rocco's work is the lack of refinement you know skin textures etc other than a few frown lines we usually don't get much. Compare that with Trevor Groves WW sculpt or Rainman's Plainview and they don't stand up well at all for me. Having said that those 2 sculpts you've just posted do seem to have quite a bit in the way of skin texturing so perhaps that's changing with Rocco's newer sculpts which can only helps them

I've been honest about my opinions on Rocco before so I will do it again. IMO he is not up to the caliber of the other sculptors. I think he has a lot of talent but I don't think he takes the time to refine sculpts. I think he's actually pretty good at likenesses most of the time, he is a talented sculptor no doubt but I have no desire to place a sculpt of his in my collection because I feel his sculpts lac refinement.

I agree the ones posted above are some of his best, but if you look closely it has that sculpted in clay look which is evident on some of the finer wrinkles and especially on the hair and facial hair where it's not realistic and refined but rather clunky looking.

No way no how will a Rocco Harrow come anywhere near close to satisfying my needs.

Lately Rocco seems to be more open to feedback and taking more time to refine his sculpts. I think many of the earlier heads he offered were maybe a bit rushed and not up to what he's capable of. But all of the recent heads from him have been stellar. I think if there is one area for improvement he could make the hair sculpts a bit more subtle... shape and lines are great, but the hair is still a bit rough compared to what we're seeing from other sculptors.

Yeah, it's weird to me that Rainman gets such intense criticism for lots of sculpt work he does, but folks unanimously seem to think no other sculptor could touch Harrow after seeing this. If you're looking at the complete figure here, sculpt is Rainman, maybe the gun that is blurry and we can't see. . .that's it. The rest is his tailor and a Hot Toys body no doubt. Lots of great sculptors on this board. This figure is amazing, but I would love to see someone else give it a shot.

Totally agree... I love the sculpt and work Rainman did on this and it really may be one of his best works. But, I think others could take a stab at it and make an awesome figure as well. Rocco's a good choice given his recent work and how well he did with the "face off" Fring.

Another minor complaint I've had with Rocco's work is the lack of refinement you know skin textures etc
That's a criticism that I do get, and I think it's true on some level even though I never really seem to notice once these things get painted up. He doesn't spend weeks and weeks on a sculpt to refine them in the way that some of those other guys do. On the other hand, as a result he gets around to doing a lot more projects. So if, as you say, Rainman, Grove, Iminime's guys, JOhnny, and others are off the table, I think he could be an option. And he could conceivably do guys like Nucky, Jimmy, Capone, Luciano, etc. as complements. If folks have patience I do think other artists could become open to something like this, but it may take lots of money up-front in terms of a mass commission from someone like a bbkill.

An aside here, but it's kind of funny how Rainman becomes the trend setter for custom work. He does these characters, and then folks clamor to get versions of them for themselves, be it the Dude, Bill the Butcher, Anton, this guy. Harrow really wasn't huge on the radar though a few boardies obviously wanted him. Now everyone wants one! :D I'm not immune. I think it's a testament to the great work he does.

If there was one character from the series I'd want it'd be Harrow... but even then he's a bit outside of my focus so it'd be a bit tricky to fit him in.

TBH, I'd just love to paint this one up... it's a wonderful looking sculpt and I think would be a blast to work on.

I love the show, but like Sopranos I'm not sure there is a place for figures in my collection. . .might make an exception for this guy though just because he's so distinctive looking.

Back