Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well one reason for the apparent differences is going to be lighting, angle, and camera type and settings. Additional differences would no doubt be due to his doing these in batches. Skin tone could be mixed slightly different from day to day, as could the color used for eyes. Rainman says he painted all the heads, and I don't have any reason to doubt that.

Well one reason for the apparent differences is going to be lighting, angle, and camera type and settings. Additional differences would no doubt be due to his doing these in batches. Skin tone could be mixed slightly different from day to day, as could the color used for eyes. Rainman says he painted all the heads, and I don't have any reason to doubt that.

Yup. Even with Hot Toys that are mass produced, and just depending on camera, and flashes or no flashes, and you can have the figure look different from every post.

I specifically asked Lee on facebook about the dramatic difference in Iris colors.

He said he only uses Tamiya paint to make Green only.
If they are brown it is because the paint dried and was mixed improperly for that batch.
It is easy to over mix and get Brown when dealing with paint, without even noticing.

Believe what you want, but The man himself said he painted all the heads (FS, DX, GP, Danny, Twins). So for better or for worse, I'll take his word for it.
Jacks eyes in real life are somewhere inbetween hazel and green - so either way it works haha.

Conspiracies in a Rainman thread OMG! And Here we go!

59c5cf053d2f0d4d4202938aef7d71a3.jpg

I specifically asked Lee on facebook about the dramatic difference in Iris colors.

He said he only uses Tamiya paint to make Green only.
If they are brown it is because the paint dried and was mixed improperly for that batch.
It is easy to over mix and get Brown when dealing with paint, without even noticing.

Believe what you want, but The man himself said he painted all the heads (FS, DX, GP, Danny, Twins). So for better or for worse, I'll take his word for it.
Jacks eyes in real life are somewhere inbetween hazel and green - so either way it works haha.

Oh man....so now we got the green eyes vs. brown eyes versions!

I'm team green eyes! :panic: Who else got the green?

Last edited:
I believed Rainman's word that he painted all of the head except H&C... but again, is hard to believe he painted all this himself.. Mix feeling haa

Oh man....so now we got the green eyes vs. brown eyes versions!

I'm team green eyes! Who else got the green?

green here. imo Green is more satisfactory and accurate, i just don't know why half are brown and half are green.

Jon's stuff is amazing. He's also quick on his turnarounds. Talk about a machine. And his are almost all fabricated. There is no way I could have fabricated these. They would have take longer than the gurneys.

Back