Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
f6b34e36e2a1851639a9c86662f953d2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just curious, how would you guys rank this among RM's work?

Clearly there's a lot of epicness here but I have to say I have a handful of niggles that unfortunately jumped out at me first and I'm having a hard time shaking them. There's a lot to soak in and the more I mess with everything the more it all grows on me, but I can say there are a few aspects that could have been improved upon. I want to marinate on it all longer to let some of the initial nitpicks melt away. The one item that I can say is truly flawless is Robbie's trike. That is honestly a thing of beauty and in the midst of all the beauty in this package, it steals the show hands down.

Maybe Robbie is down to make a shortened display friendly version of the table now. :)

Like I said still plenty mussin' & soaking but off first impressions, I'd say that the Bill's & Anton still wrestle each other for the top spot.

32 Full Sets?

45 GP
9 DX
32 FS
?? Twins
?? HC

can anyone fill those spaces in with correct info?

WOW. More than I thought

:) Thanks for the support! giving them my all !! Should be a nice additional package for any set bought on this release.

Definitely will be!!

More GP, than h&c?
I think its wrong

I actually won't be shocked if that's right

Last edited:
Haven't received mine yet, so only going off the pics I've seen posted here, but that Jack sculpt is surely one of his strongest to date? Absolutely no offence intended and not wanting to take anything away from his obvious ability, but some of RM's past sculpts missed the mark slightly for me. Then again, I only own Bickle and Alex (and Jack when he gets here :impatient:), so have limited exposure to his efforts compared to a lot of you guys.
I don't have it in-hand yet, but I think it is a strong sculpt, albeit a bit stylized (as Rainman sculpts often are). Strongest though? I would say his best are Doc Holliday, Bill the Butcher(s), the Dude, Hepburn. I would put this in a secondary category, alongside Vincent Vega, Anton, Narrator/Ed Norton, and Lee Van Cleef.

I actually won't be shocked if that's right
H+C sets are usually limited to around 20 I think, and that includes the separate clothing sets. And these usually take much longer to sell out than the DX and full sets. So, I would actually expect this run to be lower than that of the (true) DX sets.

The hands that come with this are so cheap and total crap and very very shinny unrealistic crap hands! So i swapped with Aldo Raine HT hands and looks waaaaaaay better!
ab7ed5359391633ace5784c8483e4b8b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't have it in hand but size of sculpt aside, I personally think it is just behind Doc / Bill / Plainview. Rainmans heads are all stylized but I think this one rivals almost all of his sculpts besides those 3. it's all personal opinion of course.

H+C sets are usually limited to around 20 I think, and that includes the separate clothing sets. And these usually take much longer to sell out than the DX and full sets. So, I would actually expect this run to be lower than that of the (true) DX sets.

I think it's usually 20 H&C and 10 clothes sets. I'm surprised everything hit the numbers that they did!

It's because he's using the Truetype knockoff bodies. Hand replacement is an essential first step.

And an essential second step is a body swap :lol

I don't have it in-hand yet, but I think it is a strong sculpt, albeit a bit stylized (as Rainman sculpts often are). Strongest though? I would say his best are Doc Holliday, Bill the Butcher(s), the Dude, Hepburn. I would put this in a secondary category, alongside Vincent Vega, Anton, Narrator/Ed Norton, and Lee Van Cleef.

You score Anton in the second tier?! Hmmm interesting

I think Anton's very solid, but not a grand slam like everyone else seems to think. The extremely large noggin he has might also contribute to my impression about it.

Back