Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
4ae3c78f-0d39-4379-af42-d54552e3cbf4_zps6e70a728.jpg

Lol only time will tell I guess.

I figured that standard full sets run about 800-900 so that leaves 600-700 for Danny. IIRC, Robbie mentioned the trike is around 400 and given that the axe is the only accessory we've seen so far, I think it's plausible. This isn't including the cost for the twins.

In theory When u increase the production, the cost is lower because u diluate all your time to produce one piece in several figures.
I mean if u count all the final time to produce 100 figures will be higher than just one, but if you count just the last figure ll consume much less time to make than the first one.
Is much more easy replicate, than make from the begining.
The correct is this release be cheaper, but i presume this wont happen

In theory yes, but for my addition, the cost of materials doesn't change. The costs are fixed so it wouldn't matter if there were three or thirty.
I will say that I personally have the greatest amount of money invested in this trike then any of my other accessories. And with the high price of materials for this, the profit margin is much lower because of the outsourcing of the parts. I designed these to be made on a larger run in a shorter time frame becuase of Rainman's release schedule. I didn't want people waiting like my other projects.

There are areas that can get a little cheaper in bigger runs for figures, but not by a great margin. In the end, custom fgures are hand made and they takes a persons time. These aren't like Hot Toys that are made by a large group of people.

In theory When u increase the production, the cost is lower because u diluate all your time to produce one piece in several figures.
I mean if u count all the final time to produce 100 figures will be higher than just one, but if you count just the last figure ll consume much less time to make than the first one.
Is much more easy replicate, than make from the begining.
The correct is this release be cheaper, but i presume this wont happen

Rainmans new project: Overlook Caretaker

I will most probably buy h and c... But if that Danny and trike turn out really really good may be I will stretch till 1300-1500 but that's about it. So I probably will be an easy tap out. I have - any single figure 900 bucks cap give and take (sorry edited as I had maxed on iminine brave heart) and while I am sure this will be brilliant, 2.5k for one movie (is an ouch for me :( - but am happy for all the fans to secure what they want!!! Go for it I say! (Am still recovering over my iminine brba super dx) lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly your trike is the only reason probably many of us are keen on considering a dx ... That is the core right there! Plus I think it's aptly priced!

In theory yes, but for my addition, the cost of materials doesn't change. The costs are fixed so it wouldn't matter if there were three or thirty.
I will say that I personally have the greatest amount of money invested in this trike then any of my other accessories. And with the high price of materials for this, the profit margin is much lower because of the outsourcing of the parts. I designed these to be made on a larger run in a shorter time frame becuase of Rainman's release schedule. I didn't want people waiting like my other projects.

There are areas that can get a little cheaper in bigger runs for figures, but not by a great margin. In the end, custom fgures are hand made and they takes a persons time. These aren't like Hot Toys that are made by a large group of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suport big time this buisness model, is win win for everybody. People who wants one figure gets what they want, without bloody bath and for the artist that sell exactly the amount desired.
No product stucked in stock ( Rainman is very rare, but can happen Jules for example), and they can sell much more figures than just one pre determined quantity.

I agree in the part that is much more easy for hot toys cut costs, they use machines and a lot of staffs, than customs that is few people involved.

Whew....we about to feel this one! This project gonna separate the Men from the boys.
Raise your hand if your getting the DX plus Twins and didn't have to sell any of your figures to fund it! :rotfl

Last edited:
Whew....we about to feel this one! This project is about to separate the Men from the boys.
Raise your hand if your getting the DX plus Twins and didn't have to sell any of your figures to fund it! :rotfl
Ya'll know who you are....

Independent the way the people will fund or not we r all crazy people ( some with more or less in the pockets), just ask one women to confirm my theory ( preference wifes)

Back