Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Axe looks great but the bottom handle looks off a bit. Anychance he can modify it a bit more to match a Rainmans or what we see on film? The curvature of the handle doesn't quite match up.

not yet, I will ask him, he already cut all the metal pieces, but wanted to wait until I show the pictures of the proto in hand to make sure no changes were required so he can start working on the wood handles.

axe%201_zpssssn1qnn.jpg

jackaxe1_zpsuawblggk.png

jackaxe4_zpsrnadvhdq.png

jackaxe3_zpsadyrnfrd.png

jackaxe2_zps0bs7k5t8.png

i know this is ol hat with rainmans newest creation, but i just got around to some fun, changed the boots, hands to follow, i had this dio made about 2 years ago for my older jack...just took some pics for fun..
shin1_zps8x0z8pil.jpg

shin13_zpszephuklx.jpg

shin14_zpsm2yh4bqu.jpg

shin11_zps7l315exb.jpg

shin9_zpsiofr9ijd.jpg

shin9_zpsiofr9ijd.jpg

shin8_zpsfn2uls2v.jpg

shin10_zpslxmj5la6.jpg

shin7_zpsfbnoabr6.jpg

shin6_zpsrtmmeinv.jpg

Holy sheeeet Marty!!! My diorama looks fkn awesome buddy. Fantastic photos. The figures look sick. Congrats

Hey Guys can anyone help me. I have not touched my Dull boy, ever as far as pose, I started to bend his arm just a tiny bit the the arms broke at the elbow. So he has limp arm in that jacket, AGGHHHHHHAGGHHHH is this body a piece of crap or maybe the joints were just to tight. But now I need to replace the body which will be a pain, Which body do I use to replace??? which body did Lee use?? can anyone help, Thanks!!

Ok is there a better body I should use or just relace it with this…. this is going to suck the change this over, I hardly pushed on his arm too… ugh

Ok is there a better body I should use or just relace it with this…. this is going to suck the change this over, I hardly pushed on his arm too… ugh

You can either replace it with the one Kara posted. It will be cheaper cause they are the knockoff bodies around $20-$25 on eBay. Or you can go the official HT equivalent of it which is the ttm18 I'm pretty sure. But they go for around $100 at the least on eBay. I use official and knock offs bodies it just depends on how much I plan to pose them. If I want a regular museum pose I usually go knock off. But if you have a bunch of poses in mind for Jack id go official, as they hold a lot better and have better stiff joints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the newer HT Alfred, Bruce Wayne, Jim Gordon, John Blake, bodies all are the same as the TTM18 and most are around $45-60.

Ttm officials are obviously better! However over the past 3 years I have bought almost 80 pct the Ko v3 or 4. Honestly none of them have given me issues apart from 1 which already came with a figure I bought (must be prior to v3)
Like everyone I wld love to buy ttms but saving 80 bucks on 20 bodies kinda allows you to buy those 2-3 custom figures extra in my view!
But by all means if you feel money is not an issue do buy a ttm regular. But if you are challenged on money front, I can safely say that out of the 18 I have so far on my figures - may be 1 was a bad one (the one that already came with a figure)
They are fairly good both for pose changes and regular use unless you expect them to lift very heavy accessories (the joints are not as tight as ttm)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Last edited:
Thanks man perfect!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries - I am assuming this won't be the last time you will buy a body!
So my suggestion - try a KO - If the seller has epacket delivery it will reach you in 1.5-2 weeks , see how you feel and also buy what rob (Rdezee) suggested if you need a back up. so once you have both - you have your long term plan figured out on what works for you! With a KO you can't lose much $$ and can always plug it in some figure - tat is if you plan to collect for the long term. Good luck bud!

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/.../137019-leon-911-partial-collection-40-a.html

Back