Rainman project: Overlook Caretaker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rainman didn't even post very clear pictures of the twins' faces. There's really only one shot (the one with Danny in the foreground) where you can make out their eyes. That suggests to me that the likeness wasn't his primary concern with those figures.

My thoughts exactly

How people can look at wonka and his oompa and pay 6+ grand for it then question 2600 for all of this with better likness than oompa and wonka - i do not understand.

Actually, the Oompa could be considered as one of his best likenesses. Great realism and proportions too

I don't imagine it would happen, but would be awesome if Rainman gave Danny a switch out arm piece connected by a magnet or something, so you could pose one of his arms doing this:

xz78cOX.gif

That would absolutely wash away all other concerns with Danny!

Call me crazy but I would have much rather have seen the typewriter, Jack bottle and glass than the twins. Accessories are his forte and something intricate like the typewriter would have been a sick piece of work

I saw a bunch of talk about it a couple days ago. If there is interest I'd love to see someone take them on. Those are very relevant accessories for the character

How people can look at wonka and his oompa and pay 6+ grand for it then question 2600 for all of this with better likness than oompa and wonka - i do not understand.

That is aftermarket hype no way people would pay that amount of money for a new Wonka with double the accessories. That price is ludicrous and extortion, but if you have that kind of money to spend on a figure you aren't worried about price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, the Oompa could be considered as one of his best likenesses. Great realism and proportions too

Screen Shot 2015-01-14 at 3.59.22 PM.jpg

Guess I just don't see it.
Also the oompas can be a loosely based sculpt since there are so many of them to go by, and also its much easier to get the feeling of an oompa since they have such distinguishable features (orange skin, green hair, white eyebrows).

IMO Danny is much closer likeness in terms of face sculpt.
twins id like to see better pics of, but their iris' look painted too big giving them a Wes Borland look.

I don't imagine it would happen, but would be awesome if Rainman gave Danny a switch out arm piece connected by a magnet or something, so you could pose one of his arms doing this:

xz78cOX.gif

I would back this request 100%
I want a tony finger (switch out) hand

So far:
Darthmagnus
KARAMAZOV
turbo.VS.ozone

Anyone else wants this? Maybe it can be a Grand Package exclusive since technically there is no special item for these upper tier sets.

That is aftermarket hype no way people would pay that amount of money for a new Wonka with double the accessories. That price is ludicrous and extortion, but if you have that kind of money to spend on a figure you aren't worried about price.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Really? Do you know anything at all about anything at all about the specifics of any of what your speaking of, at all?

Fellas the one thing that I hate is this attempt to hurt value for these figures and make it out to be a bad thing, because of an anger at missing out or being late to the game. They should be able to grow in value as they become scarce and rarer. It's a natural part of high end collectables. Just because your not prepared to pay a price doesn't mean someone else isn't prepared to.

Last edited:
While the Twins are certainly well made I personally don't see the appeal. :huh They were never scary to me at all and not anything I imagined people were eager to pay $800 for in 1/6.

My girlfriend has never seen The Shining, so after she saw my excitement when I PO Saturday night, she asked to see the movie the next day.
She ended up liking it alot.
But throughout the day, we were making each other laugh by spontaneously responding to each other with the Tony/finger with the weird voice thing. :lol

She would be like...where do you want to go for dinner?
I'm like...

I waaaannnNNNT tooo EAaaT atTTT SMMMashBUrgERRR...

:lol

Last edited:

xz78cOX.gif

Toooony aaaapproves

Last edited:
The Twins are easily the best part of the entire project.

It stands on it's own as one of the most unique things ever made in 1/6.

......but please by all means pass on it! :lol

My girlfriend has never seen The Shining, so after she saw my excitement when I PO Saturday night, she asked to see the movie the next day.
She ended up liking it alot.
But throughout the day, we were making each other laugh by spontaneously responding to each other with the Tony/finger with the weird voice thing. :lol

She would be like...where do you want to go to dinner?
I'm like...

I waaaannnNNNT tooo EAaaT atTTT SMMMashBUrgERRR...

:lol

:lol :yess:

View attachment 158776

Guess I just don't see it.
Also the oompas can be a loosely based sculpt since there are so many of them to go by, and also its much easier to get the feeling of an oompa since they have such distinguishable features (orange skin, green hair, white eyebrows).

IMO Danny is much closer likeness in terms of face sculpt.
twins id like to see better pics of, but their iris' look painted too big giving them a Wes Borland look.

I'm not sure that's the Oompa he modeled it on but if it is, there are other stills that are better comparisons.

Either way, I'm pretty pumped about Danny and I'm getting more so the more I think about it. I'm REALLY pumped over Jack. His likeness actually exceeded my expectations. To my eyes, this is right there with Bill & Anton. WIN :yess:

I'm not sure that's the Oompa he modeled it on but if it is, there are other stills that are better comparisons.

Either way, I'm pretty pumped about Danny and I'm getting more so the more I think about it. I'm REALLY pumped over Jack. His likeness actually exceeded my expectations. To my eyes, this is right there with Bill & Anton. WIN :yess:

The Jack sculpt is universally what sold me for this project. Expressions that work are always nice to see in this scale.
Still wondering a couple things - like eta and run #'s. Glorious project.

Yea the Twins do nothing for me, Jack Danny and the Trike will make a perfect shelf for me, very happy with my choice to go DX, again this is what makes me happy, so thats not to say I don't agree with people going with the Grand Package or how much they spent, you buy what you like, if you don't then you don't doesn't make it any less special with what you go with.

The Jack sculpt is universally what sold me for this project. Expressions that work are always nice to see in this scale.
Still wondering a couple things - like eta and run #'s. Glorious project.

Yup, the sculpt is gold. I saw a few people thought the smile was perverted, but I'm not seeing that. I really dig the direction that he went with the expression. Only one sculpt so only one expression to portray the character and I think he did it masterfully. It's different than all others that have been done before, and he looks fkin' crazy... which is the point :lol

I wish I had the money for the whole grand package.
I just didnt think Rainman would do both Twins and Danny with Trike.
Honestly thought it was gonna be one or the other.

They are both extremely unique. Something that is a scene stealer in a collection.

Hi all,

It's great seeing all these opinions flying across the board - that's what I love about this forum! Providing it remains respectful and fun, it's a wonderful opportunity to see what other people are thinking, and, on occasion, allow those thoughts to inform your own views.
I'm on record as saying that, if Lee does read these, he doesn't take our thoughts and suggestions too seriously. I, for one, would not be expecting any significant changes to what has been seen so far.
That said, I'll say it again: I am not convinced Jack's expression is as good as it could be. Sorry, but something's missing, and, in a time where likenesses are increasingly becoming 100% spot on, this was a major factor for me. I can't put my finger on it, but (and remember: my view can only be judged by what I've seen so far), yeah...it just looked wrong.
So, even though I don't advocate for RM to make changes at this late stage of the project, I guess I'm hoping he'll prove me wrong and I'm the one left with egg on my face for not buying a Torrance when I should have.
I'm really looking forward to seeing more pics. Of everything.

So far:
Darthmagnus
KARAMAZOV
turbo.VS.ozone

Anyone else wants this? Maybe it can be a Grand Package exclusive since technically there is no special item for these upper tier sets.

well since you put it THAT way, I suppose there's no harm to adding more for the amount I paid :lol

So far:
Darthmagnus
KARAMAZOV
turbo.VS.ozone

If this is a thing, throw me on.

Yea the Twins do nothing for me, Jack Danny and the Trike will make a perfect shelf for me, very happy with my choice to go DX, again this is what makes me happy, so thats not to say I don't agree with people going with the Grand Package or how much they spent, you buy what you like, if you don't then you don't doesn't make it any less special with what you go with.

You aren't happy until you buy the twins...buy the twins...buy the twins

1232904062_hypno%20toad.gif

Back