RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK on the BIG-SCREEN!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my god you're so lucky!!!! The movie came out the year I was born so I've never seen it in a theater. Man I wish we had a vintage theater here.

Same here... sadly, I wasn't around to see it. But I really really wish I was. Raiders is one of my all time top 5 films ever made. :rock

I wish I saw ROTLA on the big screen. :(

I think the movie people will say "Man I wish I saw that in the theater" years from now will be Transformers

I first saw Transformers recently on HBO. My reaction was, "Man I wish I never saw that at all."

No fun for you? Transformers is one the best summer popcorn movies of all time. Its just too much fun, with the best CGI ever on screen.

I first saw Transformers recently on HBO. My reaction was, "Man I wish I never saw that at all."

I saw it recently on HBO for the first time, finally, and... it's the weirdest family movie I have ever seen.

No fun for you? Transformers is one the best summer popcorn movies of all time. Its just too much fun, with the best CGI ever on screen.

:slap

Its not a family film. Just because it was a kids cartoon, doesnt mean its ONLY for kids....Bay didnt even make it just for kids, he made it for everyone.

I wasn't interested in seeing TRANSFORMERS in theaters, and I watched it with no expectations. Overall, I thought it was pretty bad. Sure, the EFX and action scenes were spectacular ans well-done, and that's why people enjoy these kinds of movies, but IMO, it was too long, the human characters were uninteresting, and overall the story and dialogue wasn't that great. Movies like TRANSFORMERS and the PIRATES sequels are made for little kids, and younger generation audiences to be wowed by the special effects, and the mindless action. I realize these movies aren't made to make you think, but they could still have a stronger story.

There are worse movies out there, but films like TRANSFORMERS and POTC 2 and 3 are a far cry from good action movies like RAIDERS.

Its not a family film. Just because it was a kids cartoon, doesnt mean its ONLY for kids....Bay didnt even make it just for kids, he made it for everyone.

It's an odd film. And Bay was an odd choice for it. Consequently, you get an odd movie. Seems too relaistic and brutal at times for kids, yet it's so childish it doesn't seem like it would appeal to adults. My best guess is that anyone between the ages of 10 to 18 would really enjoy this movie. It reminds me of Gremlins... silly and violent at the same time. Everyone saw Gremlins back in the day too, but it's hardly remembered as a good movie now. I think Transformers is destined for the same notoriety in time.

Hey, are they still showing it in Dallas? Thats only about a 3hr drive for me and the wife was wanting to go to Dallas anyway.

Unfortunately, it was only a midnight showing this past Friday and Saturday. I didn't even find out about it until late Friday night.

Hey, are they still showing it in Dallas? Thats only about a 3hr drive for me and the wife was wanting to go to Dallas anyway.

I'm not sure how far you are from Tulsa, but it looks like it's showing today at the AMC Southroads 20.

Movies like TRANSFORMERS and the PIRATES sequels are made for little kids, and younger generation audiences to be wowed by the special effects, QUOTE]

No its not. Its for people who enjoy having some fun once in a while. Somedays I want an Alien, kinda movie, and others I want a Transformers kind of movie.

No. Not every movie can be Raiders. You dont need to compare every single action movie to Raiders.

Transformers is just pure popcorn entertainment. Its one of the best of its kind, I saw it 3 times in the theater, and once in IMAX, and every single time it was great. Does it have a good story? No. Not really, but it doesnt need to be. Just get a simple story so we can have robots beating the ^^^^ outta each other for 2 hours and you have my ass in a seat.
The acting was quite good....I thought, atleast from Shia.

Story, is important, but sometimes, it isnt needed. Shoot 'em up has a silly story, but its still fantastic, because your not seeing the film to be shown a great and moving story, your there to see Clive Owen ^^^^ some ^^^^ up.

Stop judging films on others, and judge them on their own merits. Pure, harmless, fun, entertainment. :chew

No its not. Its for people who enjoy having some fun once in a while. Somedays I want an Alien, kinda movie, and others I want a Transformers kind of movie.

No. Not every movie can be Raiders. You dont need to compare every single action movie to Raiders.
Story, is important, but sometimes, it isnt needed. Shoot 'em up has a silly story, but its still fantastic, because your not seeing the film to be shown a great and moving story, your there to see Clive Owen ^^^^ some ^^^^ up.

Stop judging films on others, and judge them on their own merits. Pure, harmless, fun, entertainment. :chew

Story is ALWAYS needed when a studio is going to pump hundreds of millions of dollars in a franchise film.

IRON MAN was good. THE INCREDIBLE HULK was good. THE DARK KNIGHT was good. TRANSFORMERS wasn't. I agree that not every movie has to be RAIDERS, but it should have enough good aspects to make it a well-rounded film. I really didn't find TRANSFORMERS to be anything but a mindless, overlong video game with Shia Labeouf as the lead. I saw it as an intense experience if you're you're six years old, or blazed, but anything else, not so.

It was really great. Intrestingly enough, it was the same theater I saw the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD for the 40th anniversary with George Romero, Malcolm McDowell, Ken Foree and the cast of the film.

After seeing RAIDERS, I would love to watch the following films on the big screen (in no particular order):

INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM
BATMAN (1989)
SUPERMAN (1978)
DR. NO
GOLDFINGER
STAR WARS
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
ALIEN
GOJIRA '54
THE EVIL DEAD Trilogy
THE MUMMY (1932)
BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN
KING KONG (1933)
HORROR OF DRACULA

Any related films would be cool, too.

I went to a screening of EDII a few years ago and it was sooooo much fun. The grainy print, the joke cracking, ahh it was priceless... :)

I would've gone, but we went to OKC this weekend and had stuff to do around the house yesterday. :(

Raiders on a big screen is truly awesome. I was in college when it 1st was released, and my roommates went on opening night-- I couldn't go 'cause I had a 7pm final. They came back and were telling me how great it was, meanwhile I was banging my head against a wall. Fortunately, they liked the movie so much they agreed to go again the 2nd night.

Back